Sponsored

Diamondback Tonneau Cover review / feedback?

Taco Golfer

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport
Greetings

Has anyone tried the Diamondback SE tonneau cover on the TRD Sport? It’s quite pricey but looks nice and apparently is pretty close to leakproof.
Sponsored

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 sport plus
I went with the H.D because I do load a lot of lumber and drywall on top when the bed is full of tools. They are great for securing your stuff and keeping the bed dry

2024 Tacoma Diamondback Tonneau Cover review / feedback? IMG_4400

2024 Tacoma Diamondback Tonneau Cover review / feedback? IMG_3952

taco.b0ut.it

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Off-Road Long Bed
I have the SD. The cover itself is solid, and leakproof. The tacoma bed is far from sealed though. You’ll need to add extra sealant, lining, etc. especially around the tailgate area. I have everything to do it but haven’t gotten around to getting it done.

2024 Tacoma Diamondback Tonneau Cover review / feedback? IMG_6718

Willm8

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Takoma Trailhunter, Black 6ft bed.
A little off topic, but does anyone know if Fas-Top is still in business? I called them, got answering machine, send inquiry with no response. Was trying to get a quick low cost tonneau (soft) for the Trailhunter long bed I have on reserve which is on QC hold in Mexico. They had the 2024 tacoma long bed on their order form, and posted on their facebook page June 21st with a bed rack. Maybe they are just busy.

Sponsored

Fireguy67

First Name
Klaus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyta Tacoma Sport Premium 6’ bed
You can be guaranteed than any model of diamond back cover will be virtually watertight. I went with the switchback because I wanted a tri fold but didn’t need the ability to haul a lot on top. Did an extensive leak test and all was good. They are quality covers and pricey but won’t let you down and last a lifetime. And a diamond back in the black finish complements my Sport to the max. Good luck on your decision!
2024 Tacoma Diamondback Tonneau Cover review / feedback? IMG_3956

bitflogger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Offroad Long Bed
A little off topic, but does anyone know if Fas-Top is still in business? I called them, got answering machine, send inquiry with no response. Was trying to get a quick low cost tonneau (soft) for the Trailhunter long bed I have on reserve which is on QC hold in Mexico. They had the 2024 tacoma long bed on their order form, and posted on their facebook page June 21st with a bed rack. Maybe they are just busy.
They were still in business a week ago today when I did both of a pre-sales call and placed my order. Maybe a month ago now they picked up the phone to answer questions before I bought my Tacoma.

Willm8

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Takoma Trailhunter, Black 6ft bed.
@bitflogger Thanks for the information. Hope you enjoy your cover. Seems there's a lot of activity in the tonneau market. I'm not going to decide until I have some kind of delivery date.

taco2sday

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma
Hi all- quick question regarding the installation of the cover. Did you guys use/or know if the bed prep kit (shims and bulkhead bar) is required? Just trying to figure out if I can make do without it, thanks

Dankoma

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport Premium
I just installed mine this afternoon and used both. The bulkhead bar is whats going to provide the water tight seal on the cab side. It was super easy to install. The shims were also easy, just be patient and get everything prepped before you start taking any sticky backings off. When removing the rail covers they say to make sure you are pulling from as close to the clips as possible to prevent and bending or creases. Again, just have to be a little patient with it. Fits great!

Sponsored

taco2sday

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma
Thanks for the info- and it doesn’t sit weird with the shims under there? Does it just look stock but with more support, or is it a little higher?

Dankoma

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport Premium
Thanks for the info- and it doesn’t sit weird with the shims under there? Does it just look stock but with more support, or is it a little higher?
They fit the same! The shims just prevent the rails from getting crushed under the clamping pressure. I think they would probably buckle in the middle and raise the ends without them.