Sponsored

Digital rear view mirror camera location?

Tacomaniac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Highlander Hybrid
I’m wondering where the digital rear view mirror camera is located on the truck. Is it on the tail gate, or on the back of the cab?
My concern is how it will be affected by a canopy.
The same concern goes for the multi-terrain view when having a canopy on the truck bed.
Any insight, possibly from Tundra owners? Thanks!
Sponsored

StreeTaco

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
Well that sucks, I too plan on getting a GFC style camper top. They’re not going to make this easy.. maybe option the trailer camera, attach to camper and use as the full time Rear view, as long as the images can be displayed on the mirror and not just the huge screen.
2024 Tacoma Digital rear view mirror camera location? 1705290123502

StreeTaco

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
Boom, hold the applause..

can’t wait to do some wiring! Looks like fun

2024 Tacoma Digital rear view mirror camera location? IMG_8462

Last edited:

Sponsored

lxs123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24' TRD Offroad
I don't think Canadian version of the Tacoma is getting the digital rear view mirror. It says so on the Canadian build website that they are experiencing shortage of the digital mirror, so Canadians will be getting just the auto dimming mirror. Perhaps we will see this in the TRD Pro or Trailhunter when its available in 2025-2026.. lol

OP
OP

Tacomaniac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Highlander Hybrid
I don't think Canadian version of the Tacoma is getting the digital rear view mirror. It says so on the Canadian build website that they are experiencing shortage of the digital mirror, so Canadians will be getting just the auto dimming mirror. Perhaps we will see this in the TRD Pro or Trailhunter when its available in 2025-2026.. lol
I don’t see it on the site but that is hugely disappointing!

Sponsored

Tacosyeg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX460
They state this at the bottom of the 2024 Tacoma detailed comparison sheet:
1705336533534.png
It is because it includes the 2023 comparison on the same page. You can switch to 2023 models too, which is why it states 2023 models and not 2024. I doubt it will come on anything but the Limited, Pro, and Trailhunter in Canada.

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
I seen this on config release and it was just another blow after blow. Nice to see who the favorites are when it comes to Toyota. Half the shit I wanted in my 6M that I know for a fact are being built in the US ain't being built for Canadians and on top of that they want to spew off about supply chain issues again over a digital mirror. I call bullshit, but to each their own. Just add it on to the already large list of things I need to get after I drive it off the lot, to get it close to a US build.

Wondering at what point will it just make sense to go purchase in the US and pay the import feet and taxes.

Eventually it's going to get to the point where I say fuck it, it's not worth it, and go get a Colorado, or a 3rd gen and deal with the dreaded outdated interior. Really hoping that's not my gut instinct when it arrives in Feburary, as I was really looking forward to this but I'm only becoming more and more disappointed

OP
OP

Tacomaniac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Highlander Hybrid
Yes, I’m on the list for an OR Premium hybrid and looking at $70+k with the crazy B.C. taxes. I’m only interested in a 5’ box so I have no other choices than the OR Premium, but dropping things like the digital mirror etc makes that price tag an even harder pill to swallow!
Does make the Colorado look a lot more inviting sadly.
Can only wait and see…

jcwls3

First Name
Jarrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Porsche 911 Carrera S
Eventually it's going to get to the point where I say fuck it, it's not worth it, and go get a Colorado. Really hoping that's not my gut instinct when it arrives…
Yep — I understand what you’re saying. The Colorado ZR2 / Canyon AT4X twins are the only other trucks that speak to us. I had really good luck with a 2016 Chevy SS 6MT / Holden Commodore reliability-wise, but that may have been because 1) of blind luck, and 2) it was built in Australia. I don’t think I should count on catching GM’s rarely seen quality-lightning-in-a-bottle again.

That’s generally not a problem with Toyota. Hence our deposit on a Trailhunter. But if it turns out to be a dud in person (assuming one actually shows up with our name on it, hardly an unwarranted concern) or our newly budding dealer friendship withers should they try to play games, we’ll walk.
Sponsored