Sponsored

Discussion: What Features Do You Think Are Missing From The Tacoma?

3Wliners Floor Mats

ELITE Sponsor
First Name
Estelle
Threads
Reaction score
Shenley Church End, Milton Keynes, MK5 6BY
Website
3wliners.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport
Guys,

Have you pre-ordered the Tacoma4G? Or do you already have one? What features do you think are missing from the Tacoma4G? What would you like to see added or improved?

The pic is from our friend @Frazier and his puppy.

1729929414929-x9.jpg
Sponsored

Sagebrush

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma
I've got a Off-Road with the Premium package.

"What features do you think are missing from the Tacoma4G?"

Nothing. What it has for features is unbelievable. I call it my Spaceship.

"What would you like to see added or improved?"

The estimated range is considerably off. When I top off, it shows about 300 miles, but since I get 22 MPG, it's actually 400.

minjaeisgone

First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma trailhunter
I've got a Off-Road with the Premium package.

"What features do you think are missing from the Tacoma4G?"

Nothing. What it has for features is unbelievable. I call it my Spaceship.

"What would you like to see added or improved?"

The estimated range is considerably off. When I top off, it shows about 300 miles, but since I get 22 MPG, it's actually 400.

how are you getting that mpg? im at 1200 miles on my TH and I get 17. Im babying the drive.

Goriders

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport Plus
I’ve had my TRD sport since May. I figure this might be one of my last vehicles so I bought exactly what I wanted.

Only things I can think of that I think would improve the truck would be:

1. a couple of extra inches of rear legroom
2. larger gas tank. Although to be honest it hasn’t really been a big deal. I figure I get around 600 kms range. Which really covers everywhere I have gone.
3. better grab handle on passenger side for getting in. My dad has troubles.

I knew all of the above when I bought it since I was going from a full size to mid sized truck. This was a me truck so I didn’t really need them. I honestly can’t really think of anything else. It’s the best vehicle I have owned and exactly what I wanted. My research really paid off.

Sponsored

Goriders

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport Plus
how are you getting that mpg? im at 1200 miles on my TH and I get 17. Im babying the drive.
I usually get about 19 in the city if I’m not really aggressive and around 22 on the highway. 24 I would say is the best I have seen. So not too far off the quoted fuel economy numbers.

I put wider tires on and it made quite a big difference. I bought narrower winter tires and probably noticed a 5-10% difference in fuel economy. Wide tires used more gas. So with OEM tires I’m probably be bang on the listed numbers.

Vidman

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Trailhunter 6 foot bed 1967 chevelle, 1972 c-10 pro street
Two real grab handles in the front

evlfred

First Name
Monte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Tundra Plat
real leather, memory seat and mirrors, power memory steering wheel on the limited. My wifes outback has most of that and cost 20k less...

Duck Amuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma TRD Off-Road/17 MINI Cooper Clubman S
Rain sensing wipers. Considering the price point and all the other tech, it seems like a weird omission.

Reactions: Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Sport
I got a premium TRD sport. It has about everything I can think of except for an acceptable stereo. The JBL system is quite terrible.

Sponsored

pmfh

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
I got a premium TRD sport. It has about everything I can think of except for an acceptable stereo. The JBL system is quite terrible.
I 100% agree with the JBL being absolute garbage. I've looked into adding the $300 amp to bump the levels in the rear, but that's more of a hack than a solution. Also, I'm hoping a future firmware update will allow independent volume control of the center channel

JustAnotherDingus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo Wagon (for now!)
1. Larger gas tank (silly to shrink it for such a minimal mpg gain)

2. Memory seats/power folding mirrors (in the halo trims) at that price point it’s weird we don’t have those two things tbh. My ten year old base trim Volvo does lol. I know some people will say it’s dumb to have that on a truck but if they’re going all out with vented seats etc it seems like a weird omission of tech that’s been standard for soooo long. The same could be said for rain sensing wipers too though I live in the desert so that doesn’t come up for me as much.

3. Hybrid MPG. I fully realize it isn’t tuned for that and I know why they went with the nickel battery but oh man I’d like to see a beefier battery upgrade sometime in the next 3-5 years. I’m sure that would help considerably when coasting in traffic. I crave a solid state upgrade.

4. Trucks with the 360 camera package should use the mirror cameras as blind spot cameras when the turn signal is on. Weird software omission imo. A flippin civic has that feature for a fraction of the cost. Plus the hardware is already there
Sponsored