Ditch Light Bracket

Code3TRD

First Name
Arman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma TRD OR Premium
Hey everyone! First post here, proud new owner of a 24 TRD OR Premium. Was looking for ditch lights and I’m settled on my light, but it’s my bracket I’m not too sure about. I saw a video from @TexasTruckChannel showing the @Cali Raised LED ditch light brackets, and they seem to impede the drivers view a lot.

Saw that @Victory 4x4 has brackets where your lights can be slid inward and outward, presumably blocking your view less?

Final option I’ve run across is from M&R, pretty cool mount that bolts onto an existing bolt at the bottom of the A-Pillar, completely avoiding the need to mess with the hood and potentially have a miss alignment.

Thoughts?
Sponsored

Moundman

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Camry (a beater!)
I bought mine from Westcott design. I'm still waiting on my truck though so I have no pictures.

gofastdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Tacoma OR, '08 Mazda MX-5, '20 Volvo V60
I have the Cali Raised and although I suppose they do block a bit, it hasn't bothered me at all. I have the Cali Raised lights as well and they're pretty large so imho that might make more difference than the actual brackets.
2024 Tacoma Ditch Light Bracket PXL_20240711_135419495.MP
2024 Tacoma Ditch Light Bracket PXL_20240711_135330451.MP
2024 Tacoma Ditch Light Bracket PXL_20240711_135337346.MP

Sponsored

OP
OP

Code3TRD

First Name
Arman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma TRD OR Premium
From the videos I've watched, they don't hardly block any view. I'm watching M&R's video at the moment.
On their website, you have to select “bracket only” when looking at the kit. Check out their install video, very interesting install location and method….

Sagebrush

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma
very interesting install location and method….
I just watched. I've got my Cali kit, and my trucks headed north on the choo-choo from Mexico. I'll mount them on the Cali brackets first, and if they bug me, I'll spend another dime on M&R's bracket. Thanks for posting.

mdawg1er2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma sr5 4x4
By any chance, has anyone tried a bracket from the 3rd gen? I just acquired my sr5 last week so it seems like Anutha rabbit hole.

TacoJay

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
Hey everyone! First post here, proud new owner of a 24 TRD OR Premium. Was looking for ditch lights and I’m settled on
2024 Tacoma Ditch Light Bracket 20240527_113826
my light, but it’s my bracket I’m not too sure about. I saw a video from @TexasTruckChannel showing the @Cali Raised LED ditch light brackets, and they seem to impede the drivers view a lot.

Saw that @Victory 4x4 has brackets where your lights can be slid inward and outward, presumably blocking your view less?

Final option I’ve run across is from M&R, pretty cool mount that bolts onto an existing bolt at the bottom of the A-Pillar, completely avoiding the need to mess with the hood and potentially have a miss alignment.

Thoughts?
I went with Rough Country brand ditch lights. Their brackets attach to the hood hinges and are completely out of my vision. They have multiple styles that all use the same bracket set-up.

Cali Raised LED

ELITE Sponsor
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4th Gen Tacoma
Hey everyone! First post here, proud new owner of a 24 TRD OR Premium. Was looking for ditch lights and I’m settled on my light, but it’s my bracket I’m not too sure about. I saw a video from @TexasTruckChannel showing the @Cali Raised LED ditch light brackets, and they seem to impede the drivers view a lot.

Thoughts?
Great question! We drive our Tacoma with ditch lights daily, and it does not impede view. The ditch light brackets are low pro, and even work with other lights too!

2024 Tacoma Ditch Light Bracket cali raised 18

Sponsored

CuriousTaco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRD OR Base
I got the Cali Raised brackets for some Rigid pods carried over from my last vehicle. Fitment is good and they are relatively low profile. Found that the light pollution above the hood (while turned on) and slight obstruction of view wasn't really worth it. Took the lights off and will be looking for other options. Maybe DD fog light kit or grille mounted led bar at some point.

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
I have CaliRaised and I forget they're even there half the time. They definitely don't seem to impede the view of the driver.

n118nw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taco OR Premium
I have the CaliRaised bracket with Morimoto 2Banger's and they don't really impede the view. Obviously, the bigger the pod you have, the more it'll block your view.. but that's dependent on the pod, not so much the bracket.

2024 Tacoma Ditch Light Bracket IMG_6408

geonerdist

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off Road/2007 Nissan Xterra
Here’s some photos of the CBI brackets. Just waiting in my lights. I’m planning to do a lower profile style light, the Diode Dynamics SSC2 specifically.
2024 Tacoma Ditch Light Bracket IMG_1632

2024 Tacoma Ditch Light Bracket IMG_1633

2024 Tacoma Ditch Light Bracket IMG_1634
Sponsored