Sponsored

Entering School Zone - How to turn off?!?!

pancakes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 tacoma trd sport
I am so tired of seeing this. I live by a bunch of schools, and when driving, I like to turn off the display. But no matter what, when I drive near a school, this giant notification pops up.

I’ve tried turning off every navigation setting, but just still nothing.

I’ve turned off RSA, but this just still comes up. Has anyone figured out how to deactivate it?
Sponsored

Pootklopp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronze Oxide TRD OR
I am so tired of seeing this. I live by a bunch of schools, and when driving, I like to turn off the display. But no matter what, when I drive near a school, this giant notification pops up.

I’ve tried turning off every navigation setting, but just still nothing.

I’ve turned off RSA, but this just still comes up. Has anyone figured out how to deactivate it?
I feel like I saw this setting somewhere when I was setting up things when I first got my truck.

I'm in the same boat as you but I have not been able to find it again.

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
I don't know if that is possible, but I will be going through all the options with my Carista soon and I will let you know if I find that.

I thought about turning that off because I have several schools very near my home also. But they all now have traffic cams that ticket you automatically, so I am thinking the irritation of those banners might be worth it.

kennyk

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma
Count me in wanting to know how to turn that off. Truthfully, I'd like to turn off the volume change notification too. Why does it have to tell me I changed the volume. That's really dumb in my opinion.

Victory 4x4

BASIC Sponsor
First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 TRD Sport
The pop-ups for everything are the worst part of these new trucks. If you ever have a problem with a sensor, it is AWFUL. We were prototyping rear bumpers and doing some testing for BSMs, and one needed to be recalibrated. I was on a cross-country drive and couldn't do it right then; the error popped up every 15 seconds.

Plus, the menu system in the dash is frustrating. Not sure that they did any usability testing on any of it.

OP
OP

pancakes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 tacoma trd sport
Count me in wanting to know how to turn that off. Truthfully, I'd like to turn off the volume change notification too. Why does it have to tell me I changed the volume. That's really dumb in my opinion.
yes! All I want is for the screen to stay off while I’m driving. Never had this problem before with other vehicles.
Sponsored