Sponsored

From excited to feeling nervous about my Tacoma Limited order

WKTJR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma iForce Max
All forums tend to be mostly doom and gloom; that's just the nature of things. I've been in the market for six months, and my truck will hopefully be delivered by the end of the month. Not once have I considered looking at other makes, despite the issues that some are experiencing. Enjoy your truck!
Sponsored

OP
OP

Mousejumper

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
I think the sound system is great. Keep in mind Iā€™m 53.
I think the sound system is great. Keep in mind Iā€™m 53.
I just turned 60 myself. And although I donā€™t need my truck shaking down the road, I do love a nice ā€œfullā€ sound when it comes to listening to music. Example: some classic Rush comes on I need to get on that volume a bit!!šŸ‘šŸ¼šŸ˜‚

Goriders

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport Plus
I just turned 60 myself. And although I donā€™t need my truck shaking down the road, I do love a nice ā€œfullā€ sound when it comes to listening to music. Example: some classic Rush comes on I need to get on that volume a bit!!šŸ‘šŸ¼šŸ˜‚
itā€™ll be perfect then.

donā€™t worry about the truck either. You will love it. If you do have any issues thatā€™s why you have a warranty

Tacoflvrd

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD sport
Iā€™ve had my truck for about 5/6 months and Iā€™m at 12,600 miles and I have had zero issues other than a few glitches with the infotainment software. I love this truck. I had a 2nd and 3rd gen before this and the 4th gen is by far the best truck.

BronzoTaco

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off Road
Debbie Downer just arrived. I had my 2024 TRD OR for 2 weeks and less than 200 miles. Major engine failure while driving. First flashed a bunch or malfunction warnings and "visit your dealership" message.... long story short the engine stopped working on way to dealership and there was no oil in it ...it was all over the outside of engine... this happened Friday past and won't know anything until Toyota techs show up to inspect... I'm not the only one. If you are apprehensive and can wait... trust me and do it. The failures with trannys are mounting. It sickens me because I traded a beautiful 4runner TRD ORP 2022 and wish I never did. Don't fall for the hype.. please think deeply about this decision. I am just respectfully playing devil's advocate and would not to see anyone go through what I am about to go through. Best of luck you you.

Sponsored

SilverSurfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Totally understand your disappointment in your situation bronze taco. I also see you sharing your story on different Tacoma websites and not sure why.

OP, i just got back from running 140 miles today, freeway, in town, over hilly terrain. Not an issue to speak of. Itā€™s a perfectly sound 3/24 build Tacoma.

Note that the jbl stereo is mid at best. The sound bias is somewhere in the dashboard, and doesnā€™t offer a full human in the center of sound field experience. Whatever is behind the rear driver side seat isnā€™t making any real sound. If itā€™s a woofer, itā€™s got the woof of a chihuahua.

hand-filer

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2019 Lincoln Nautilus
Totally understand your disappointment in your situation bronze taco. I also see you sharing your story on different Tacoma websites and not sure why.
And why shouldn't he share his situation on other Tacoma forums? Maybe not every potential Tacoma buyer reads this particular forum. Forums aren't all about feel good stories.
WTF good is a forum that shares the good without the bad viewpoints?

BronzoTaco

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off Road

OP, i just got back from running 140 miles today, freeway, in town, over hilly terrain. Not an issue to speak of. Itā€™s a perfectly sound 3/24 build Tacoma.

Note that the jbl stereo is mid at best. The sound bias is somewhere in the dashboard, and doesnā€™t offer a full human in the center of sound field experience. Whatever is behind the rear driver side seat isnā€™t making any real sound. If itā€™s a woofer, itā€™s got the woof of a chihuahua.

Simply to make others aware of my experience and maybe they could catch things quicker than. The more sights the more owners or potential owners will see it.

Ruissimo

First Name
Rui
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Genesis G70
I would want to know situations like that that for a brand/model I own. @BronzoTaco, I'm sorry you had issues with your truck!

Fireguy67

First Name
Klaus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyta Tacoma Sport Premium 6ā€™ bed
I was in the same boat when I first purchased my sport premium, and read some the negative comments. I have had my Tacoma since April and I love driving it. Iā€™m not going worry about the occasional troll on these forums. So far so good. I am 71 years old and this will probably be my last vehicle so Iā€™m going to enjoy the hell out of it. Just my two cents. Hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine.

2024 Tacoma From excited to feeling nervous about my Tacoma Limited order IMG_3970

Sponsored

BronzoTaco

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off Road
I would want to know situations like that that for a brand/model I own. @BronzoTaco, I'm sorry you had issues with your truck!

Thanks brother. The more I'm reading through forums the more I am seeing people with a similar issue but theirs made it to the dealership unlike mine. Seems to be a variety of issues causing all this. BTW... nice color truck!

BronzoTaco

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off Road
I was in the same boat when I first purchased my sport premium, and read some the negative comments. I have had my Tacoma since April and I love driving it. Iā€™m not going worry about the occasional troll on these forums. So far so good. I am 71 years old and this will probably be my last vehicle so Iā€™m going to enjoy the hell out of it. Just my two cents. Hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine.

IMG_3970.jpeg

Love that color. I'm glad your truck is behaving. I'm in the same boat as you. I'll be 68 in a month. I know my driving days are not going to be here very long and at the rate of the economy vs my pension I am no longer going to be able to afford another new car. So I wanted to go out with a pick up and traded in my almost paid off 4Runner 2022. Plan is to drive the Tacoma into the Utah sunset and go out on a high note... but life decided on a different course..lol. Good luck!

BronzoTaco

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off Road

IMG_3970.jpeg
Is that the new Diamondback tri-fold cover? I just ordered the regular version in the flat finish... looks great. This is my 3rd Diamondback cover. Love them and great company do deal with plus military discount. Have the HD cover from my Raptor in my garage still. Paid $2k+ and can't even find a buyer at $900 ! :(

Ron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited Hybrid, Honda Pioneer 1000
The JBL premium audio is ok - but definitely lacking imo. I loved the sound in my previous Ram (also JBL i think)

This one does not sound "full" - it doesn't fill the space. Some details of the music i could fully enjoy in the Ram are difficult to even hear. Those are the quiet tracks that just add depth.

I will probably need to fix that - even tho i've never considered myself picky about sound.

BronzoTaco

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off Road
Update: Dealership just called me. Engine toast. There is no fix for it. Here is what they said: It was some nipple where the oil filter is that blew off the engine and spit all the oil out of the engine. The dealership has now put a request in for a new engine. They cannot say right now how long that will take. They gave me a number for Toyota Business Development (800-331-4331) to call for update on the engine delivery if it isn't here within a couple weeks. We discussed lemon law and Toyota buy back if vehicle is going to be laid up for 30 days or more. That's about it until I hear from someone. I have my own reservations about having a dealer installed motor rather than a whole new truck. I also asked how this would effect me at resale given it might come up in some Carfax report but he said the engine swap won't... I do not believe that at all. So the waiting game begins and today day 5.
Sponsored

• Sad
Reactions: MJE