Sponsored

Good Windshield Sunshade recommendations?

Randyg

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronze Oxide LTD; 2008 Speedway Blue Off-Road
Has anybody found a good sunshade for their new taco? I have always used the round pop up type, but mine are way too big for this new, smaller, windshield.
Sponsored

Squashed Target

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 TRD OR Prem Solar Octane

TX-BluStreak

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
Why would you wanna be like everyone else? For a fierce looking truck like the 4th gen Taco, don't you also want the sunshade to emulate that same kind of fierceness too?

I bought these on Amazon for $11.99. It serves the same function as the pricier ones but at least this gives it a little more panache. :wink:

2024 Tacoma Good Windshield Sunshade recommendations? ScreenHunter 12

trailhunger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TH
What about one that’s actual heat sink baffled.

Nuke

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Highlander Platinum
The problem with the products I purchase is they ex-gas, i.e. leave a residue/cloud on the windshield. Recommendations?

Sponsored

Vidman

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tundra,1967 chevelle, 1972 c-10 pro street
I would never put something like that in my window

rchrds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Trailhunter
The weather tech sets are amazing. They don't store great, as they are thick, (aluminized honeycomb) but they really keep the heat out. I have to park outside, and the difference between having them in or not is easily 15 degrees. I got the full set for parking in airport lots and such. Also keeps people from peeping inside.

Also- even though they say they don't exist for the hybrid 2024, the regular 2024 fit my trailhunter just fine.

https://www.weathertech.com/toyota/...window-4/split-rear-window/tacoma-dashcam/no/

batman900

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma OR
I have an assortment of screens from different vehicles I go through after I trade in. One of them is a "Heatshield" brand and it fit perfectly like it was made for it. Looked up their website & wouldn't hesitate to purchase another. No idea which vehicle I originally purchased this one for lol.

https://www.heatshieldstore.com/

TacoJay

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
Has anybody found a good sunshade for their new taco? I have always used the round pop up type, but mine are way too big for this new, smaller, windshield.
I found this one on Amazon for $19.54. Fits perfectly with the right side tucking behind the passenger grab handle. You don't really even have to flip the visors down due to the exact fit. I also like that I can pull it out of the passenger seats back pocket, throw it on the front passenger seat and it pops open. I have had it for awhile now and it has held up very well.
2024 Tacoma Good Windshield Sunshade recommendations? Screenshot_20240825-194806

larkhen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord
The weather tech sets are amazing. They don't store great, as they are thick, (aluminized honeycomb) but they really keep the heat out. I have to park outside, and the difference between having them in or not is easily 15 degrees. I got the full set for parking in airport lots and such. Also keeps people from peeping inside.

Also- even though they say they don't exist for the hybrid 2024, the regular 2024 fit my trailhunter just fine.

https://www.weathertech.com/toyota/...window-4/split-rear-window/tacoma-dashcam/no/
does your truck have the dash cam and if yes it does not block it?

Sponsored

marcryan27

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma SR5
Everytime I need a sunshade for my vehicle. I always ordered mine thru Heatshield. Abit pricey but almost made to the shape of the windshield.

rchrds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Trailhunter
does your truck have the dash cam and if yes it does not block it?
I have a garmin mini directly to the right of the rearview mirror mount. The heat shield touches it on the back of the camera, but it doesn't have any real effect mounting the front windowshield. If your camera is mounted somewhere lower or further from the rear view mirror, it might stick out a little, but still will be way better than not having the heatshield.
Sponsored