Sponsored

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
Ever since I started hearing rumours from this forum during the 4th gen Tacoma testing having a Hybrid Powertrain, I’ve always wondered what a Tacoma would feel like with a powerful powertrain like that. Here we are today and finally I was able to review one. As someone who is looking at getting the 4Runner with the IForce Engine, I would love to hear some feedback back from current owners of the Tacoma’s with the Powertrain!

2024 Tacoma Got To Test The 24’ Tacoma w/ iForce Max Powertrain! IMG_5733
2024 Tacoma Got To Test The 24’ Tacoma w/ iForce Max Powertrain! IMG_5734
2024 Tacoma Got To Test The 24’ Tacoma w/ iForce Max Powertrain! IMG_5739
2024 Tacoma Got To Test The 24’ Tacoma w/ iForce Max Powertrain! IMG_5738
2024 Tacoma Got To Test The 24’ Tacoma w/ iForce Max Powertrain! IMG_5737
2024 Tacoma Got To Test The 24’ Tacoma w/ iForce Max Powertrain! IMG_5740
Sponsored

trailhunger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TH
you're gonna love the iForceMax in a 4R. Great additive HP on climbs. Drove mine from Vegas to Denver 2nd day taking delivery, gross elevation gain ~13K+ ft. Ran flawlessly. Can't tell when the hybrid kicks in but you can tell when the 4 banger shuts down during city driving. it's kinda old tech, but it works.

Killer inverter power for camping. No propane needed.

OP
OP
TigerEyeJazz

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
you're gonna love the iForceMax in a 4R. Great additive HP on climbs. Drove mine from Vegas to Denver 2nd day taking delivery, gross elevation gain ~13K+ ft. Ran flawlessly. Can't tell when the hybrid kicks in but you can tell when the 4 banger shuts down during city driving. it's kinda old tech, but it works.

Killer inverter power for camping. No propane needed.
That’s great to hear! I live in Florida so elevation for me isn’t a huge issue but it’s great too know just in case I do go up north. As for fuel economy what are you averaging thus far?

OP
OP
TigerEyeJazz

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
Instant smooth power with a ton of Torque!! Love mine, so fun to drive!
I think that’s the main thing I love of the IForce Max. That electric motor really helps the turbo out where I felt that the base IForce really lagged behind.

Sponsored

Thomasr1950

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Tacoma
I need to drive one if it's more powerful than the non-,hybrid. Mine is non 'hybrid, it's got a lot of power. Is gas mileage better?

OP
OP
TigerEyeJazz

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
I need to drive one if it's more powerful than the non-,hybrid. Mine is non 'hybrid, it's got a lot of power. Is gas mileage better?
I’ve heard it’s slightly better than the base IForce one.

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
The gas mileage is slightly better, but the power increase is awesome @Thomasr1950 .

The hybrid has 48 more hp and 148 more lb ft of torque.

The non-hybrid is fine for a lot of buyers and is nicer to drive than my old Taco with the V6.

But that huge increase in torque transforms the hybrid truck. It is not for killer fuel economy but for the power that we have only dreamed of in a Tacoma until now.

OP
OP
TigerEyeJazz

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
The gas mileage is slightly better, but the power increase is awesome @Thomasr1950 .

The hybrid has 48 more hp and 148 more lb ft of torque.

The non-hybrid is fine for a lot of buyers and is nicer to drive than my old Taco with the V6.

But that huge increase in torque transforms the hybrid truck. It is not for killer fuel economy but for the power that we have only dreamed of in a Tacoma until now.
I think it’s very impressive how much torque the Hybrid has. I feel like if most people want to actually tow something this is the better of the two Powertrains.

Thomasr1950

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Tacoma
I don't tow anything so I'll keep my 24 non hybrid Tacoma until next year. Then I'll see about trading. For now my Tacoma meets my needs. Thanks for your thoughts.

Sponsored
OP
OP
TigerEyeJazz

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
I don't tow anything so I'll keep my 24 non hybrid Tacoma until next year. Then I'll see about trading. For now my Tacoma meets my needs. Thanks for your thoughts.
Based on your non hybrid, what’s the MPG you’ve been getting?

Taco Azul

First Name
MP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Trailhunter LB, Tesla Model X, Polestar 2, Toyota GR86
It seems pretty great to me, but I have never driven the non-hybrid truck, so I can’t say how it compares.

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 SuperCrew
Nice truck, but still scratching my head why Toyota won’t build a TRD Off-road hybrid with a 6’ bed??? I guess they want an extra $5-6k and put me in a Trailhunter with crap I don want… it’s a pass for me!
Sponsored