Sponsored

Hard shifting from 1st to 2nd gear?

mi11ion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
I saw a post on one of the Facebook sites I believe where the 2024 Tacoma owners are noticing hard shifting between 1st and 2nd gear. Have any owners on here experienced this?
Sponsored

SR5-GUYS

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 SR5
I haven’t noticed any hard shifting (hopefully never) but what I have noticed is that it idles kinda rough.

JBSwine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Kia Sorento
Honestly would not worry about it for a few hundred miles as transmission is learning.

Goriders

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport Plus
Doesn’t happen with mine

canuck19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off Road
For mine the first shift from 1st to 2nd has a clunk to it but after the first time it doesn't happen again. Only about 500 miles so far. It did seem smoother today.

Sponsored

MT-Taco

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra, 2022 Corolla Hybrid, 2022 RAV4 XSE
Had a couple hard shifts, not sure which gears? Was within the first 2500 miles? To be honest I didn’t think much of it.. and still don’t. I’m at 5600 now with no more hard shifts no complaints. But I have to say a hard shift to one person may be normal to another, and people on FB sure like attention!!!

Gfenza89

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 tacoma sr5
Had a couple hard shifts, not sure which gears? Was within the first 2500 miles? To be honest I didn’t think much of it.. and still don’t. I’m at 5600 now with no more hard shifts no complaints. But I have to say a hard shift to one person may be normal to another, and people on FB sure like attention!!!
So true it’s all subjective

Pancho13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma
Following up with anyone here about this concern. I got my TRD Sport manual transmission in early August. Didn't think much of it cuz I'm used to driving cars and not trucks with manual transmissions so I thought I was doing something wrong. I'm experiencing a hard shift from 1st to 2nd regardless of engine temp and revs. Tried various shift patterns and release points. Hard shift doesn't happen all the time but it's there. I have less than 1000 miles so far.
Sponsored