Hood Scoop or not to Scoop ?

MrVoodoo

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma SR5
How does everyone feel about the hood scoop? We know it does nothing but I like it just for the looks alone.
Sponsored

Sponsored

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crossover
put me down for a yes, it looks way better with it. if i could take the trailhunter with the scoop instead of the snorkel i'd do it in a heartbeat. that said, ive seen the trd pro with both so...who knows

Tom59

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Tundra ISE, 2012 CT200h, 2015 NX 200t
Yup, like'em maybe there is a way to make it functional.

TexasBlueCrush

First Name
bre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4th gen TRD Sport 6MT
How does everyone feel about the hood scoop? We know it does nothing but I like it just for the looks alone.
(i'm not a fake hood scoop Taco owner but i play one on TV)…. Hell yeah i love the fake hood scoop ! Give me the fake hood scoop every day and twice on Sunday !

2024 Tacoma Hood Scoop or not to Scoop ? tempImageiivSm

2024 Tacoma Hood Scoop or not to Scoop ? 95rypw

Miqie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Sport-Bronze oxide
My Sport has the hood scoop. Personally, I'd rather have it without, and the hood smoother and more sloped down for better visibility. The Tacoma's that don't have the scoop, I don't feel are any less attractive.

Charizard

First Name
mart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Pro - Terra
I personally love the way it looks with the hood scoop. When I was deciding between the Pro and TH it was in no way a deciding factor (that was more Terra vs Bronze Oxide, suspensions, & space lost to isodynamic seats vs snorkel noise). But when I was considering a fully optioned ORP I did miss the scoop (the near same price tag for stuff/options I liked in the top trims was the decider there).

I get it isn’t functional, but neither is the majority of esthetic changes we love or hate. Viper cut grills usually aren’t benefiting the approach angle (especially when parked at Whole Foods). The new more chiseled lines on the fender flares and quarter panels vs the old rolled design don’t change the ride quality. I could keep going, but in essence it’s a style choice and I’m here for it!

Sponsored

-Strike-

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport, 2024 Nissan Z
Call me Odd. On the brink of 40 years old. I have had a thing for JDM and modified import vehicles all my life. What drew me to this Taco was the styling and the guilty pleasure was the hood scoop. It's aggressive, stylish, and shows some personality. My inner "ricer" at heart, lmao. I am absolutely in love with the styling and aesthetics of the 4G

NewtoToyota

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 TRD Sport
The scoop was not at all a deciding factor in my purchase but I did end up with a sport and the hood scoop. It has grown on me and I think it actually gives the truck an aggressive look. That being said, I’d be just as happy with my 4g if it didn’t have a scoop.

bitflogger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Offroad Long Bed
No but locker rear axle TRD OR has was the biggest factor in my deciding.
Sponsored