Sponsored

How many FIRST TIME TRUCK owners buying 2024

goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma Sport Premium, 24 Camry XSE (wife's)
Previous Trucks and Cars, Fack it, May as well add Cars.

1978 Caprice Classic 4 Door
1977 Caprice Classic 2 Door, Totaled, I was T-boned
1976 Plymouth Fury
1980 Cutlas Supreme
1984 F150
2000 Nissan Sentra
2002 Dodge Caravan
2004 Dodge Caravan
2004 Ranger, Totaled, Fell Asleep and hit a Jersey Wall at 70.
2004 Jeep Cherokee
2011 Ranger
2012 F150 Lariat
2012 Dodge Journey
2013 F150 Limited
2013 Ford Taurus
2014 Ford Taurus, Totaled, hit Deer
2019 Mustang GT
2022 Supra GR 3.0, Sold, unable to get that low anymore due to my back.
2023 Kia Sportage
2024 Tacoma Limited, pavement princess

Let's see how long I keep this one.

Richard
OP technically 4th Truck but haven't had one in 20 years so basically newbie.

@mrgooden - That's fun. Here is ours. Some of the years may be off a bit.

My Cars
82 Datsun pick up 4X4
87 Jetta
89 Green 2dr Honda Accord
91 Green 4 honda Accord
92 Chevy Silverado truck
92 Blue rabbit
94ish Black GTI
98 BMW 328i
01 Chevy Avalanche
01 PT cruiser
02 Lexus IS300
05 Subaru STi
68 Bug Ragtop
E92 BMW M3
03 Ford Focus ST
07 Jeep Grand Cherokee
14 Porsche Turbo Cab
12 Mini Cooper JCW
14 Cadillac ATS-V
14 Porsche GT3
18 Jeep Wrangler
20 Mini Cooper JCW
20 Subaru cross trek
22 Toyota Corolla HB
24 Toyota Tacoma

Wife's Cars during 30yrs of marriage:
82? Datsun 510
87 Honda civic
92 Red rabbit
94 Jeep Grand Cherokee
96 Green civic
96 Blue suburban
98 Yukon
98 Ford F250 truck
02 Mini cooper S
12 Shelby GT500
12 Lexus RX350
14 Jeep GC Trail hawk
16 Prius
18 Jeep Trail hawk #2
21 Tesla Model Y
24 Toyota Camry

Now which one do you regret given up the most?
Mine are the 05 STi and the 12 GT500
Sponsored

mrgooden

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited
OP technically 4th Truck but haven't had one in 20 years so basically newbie.

@mrgooden - That's fun. Here is ours. Some of the years may be off a bit.

My Cars
82 Datsun pick up 4X4
87 Jetta
89 Green 2dr Honda Accord
91 Green 4 honda Accord
92 Chevy Silverado truck
92 Blue rabbit
94ish Black GTI
98 BMW 328i
01 Chevy Avalanche
01 PT cruiser
02 Lexus IS300
05 Subaru STi
68 Bug Ragtop
E92 BMW M3
03 Ford Focus ST
07 Jeep Grand Cherokee
14 Porsche Turbo Cab
12 Mini Cooper JCW
14 Cadillac ATS-V
14 Porsche GT3
18 Jeep Wrangler
20 Mini Cooper JCW
20 Subaru cross trek
22 Toyota Corolla HB
24 Toyota Tacoma

Wife's Cars during 30yrs of marriage:
82? Datsun 510
87 Honda civic
92 Red rabbit
94 Jeep Grand Cherokee
96 Green civic
96 Blue suburban
98 Yukon
98 Ford F250 truck
02 Mini cooper S
12 Shelby GT500
12 Lexus RX350
14 Jeep GC Trail hawk
16 Prius
18 Jeep Trail hawk #2
21 Tesla Model Y
24 Toyota Camry

Now which one do you regret given up the most?
Mine are the 05 STi and the 12 GT500
Bro, that is A LOT lol. Makes you ask yourself, did I really need all that? Of course not, but, man it is fun.

My biggest regret I parted ways with has to be my Toyota Supra. I put over 13k in it to basically give it away because my back has let me down. The most comfortable seats I've ever had. But getting in and out of that seat was excruciating. I think it will always my favorite.

Richard

Duck Amuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma TRD Off-Road/17 MINI Cooper Clubman S
Somebody check on OP, I think they might be having a stroke. šŸ˜‚

First time truck buyer. I use it for truck stuff, whether that's hauling stuff or exploring our back roads. But I wanted something that could ALSO replace my wife's 10-year-old SUV because we do a lot of long highway drives, and I wanted something that was comfortable and had adaptive cruise, lane keep assist, and all the modern safety features.

JustAnotherDingus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo Wagon (for now!)
Oh man OPā€™s post is iconicccccc. 10/10. No notes. šŸ˜‚

Iā€™m gonna be a first time truck owner as soon as thing thing gets here. Almost got a taco back in 2016 but life/finances happened so I got a used volvo wagon instead. I love this thing, but I need a truck bed to really do my job safely as opposed to hauling stuff in a ā€œtrunkā€ that could fly forward and smack me upside the head in an accident so here we are. Plusā€¦ camping!! I canā€™t wait to get to more remote places.

Iā€™m pretty young I guess. Thisā€™ll be my third vehicle everrrrr. First car was one of those old Mercedes wagons with the backwards third row. I adored that car. Lost it when someone rear ended me while texting. I could fit 16ā€™ 1x3 in there and close the trunk!!

hoodouken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Subaru STi, 2021 Subaru Outback, 2024 TRD OR Tacoma
Xennial post here. I've learned how to type because I'm a gamer and before voice chat had to get gooder at communicating and was forced to learn to type with more than 2 fingers.
I've driven many trucks (company vehicles) but never one in my name. I have a 24' TRD OR Premium reserved and should be picking it up 6-8 weeks from now.
I want the boujie crap because I live where it gets 120 degrees and want the vented seats. I have them in my 21' Outback and didn't know what I was missing but the mrs mostly drives that. My 2012 STi isn't known for it's amazing AC and ride quality - driving that 5 days a week to work has gone old. And since they no longer make STi's I would like to keep the miles low (currently 83k).
I care about scratches on my vehicles because I chose to be responsible with my investments and at least attempt to have them last even aesthetically. I also admit I am a bit obsessive over details and will over protect any vehicle I own.
OP mad Pat Sajak retired is all and Jeopardy has never been the same since losing Alex.

Sponsored

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
I think the OP had one too many beers on a Saturday night and was venting because a lot people have discovered the fun of owning a truck. Before that, the old time truck faithfull thought owning a truck made them special.

I am loving all the first time buyers choosing a Taco. It shows how well Toyota nailed the 4th gen for just about everyone. I drove trucks for work and cars for fun for a while. But once I owned my own truck I have never looked back.

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
I think the OP had one too many beers on a Saturday night and was venting because a lot people have discovered the fun of owning a truck. Before that, the old time truck faithfull thought owning a truck made them special.

I am loving all the first time buyers choosing a Taco. It shows how well Toyota nailed the 4th gen for just about everyone. I drove trucks for work and cars for fun for a while. But once I owned my own truck I have never looked back.
Well said, I knew I had to get a truck either way but what sold me on the Tacoma was the manual transmission, I made a vow my next vehicle was going to be manual, and it was between the Gladiator and 2024 Tacoma. Won by a landslide lol.

diabeetusman

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
Wait, if there's a problem with the power mirrors, can we blame it on DEI? But if there's a problem, that means that I'm a soft Millennial boy for complaining about it. Decisions, decisions...

VermontTaco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TH Ice Cap (July build date)
Amazing thread... can't make this shit up.

First time truck buyer as well. Coming off a STI. I've owned jeeps in the past, did some wheelin and plan to take this one off-road once I get it.

I looked at a baby Raptor briefly and ZR2. But couldn't get my sights off the Taco.

Build date still holding for the week of 7/23. Fingers crossed whatever TH QC issues they found have been addressed in production.

2003taco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Tacoma sr5
First truck brand new 1985 toyota pickup 7ā€™ bed
second truck, new 2003 Toyota Tacoma sr5 6ā€™ bed

no power locks, no power window, no power mirrors, no cruise control no backup camera

I did get air conditioning for the sr5

5 speed manual transmission for both

That is all Iā€™ve owned. The new trucks do seem very plush and Iā€™m thinking this or more likely next year it will be time for another truck.

hopefully some extra cabs will start cranking out of the factory and just maybe Toyota might add rear coil springs for the extra cab as an option for 2025

Sponsored

TurboTruck!

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma SR MT 4x4
First truck brand new 1985 toyota pickup 7ā€™ bed
second truck, new 2003 Toyota Tacoma sr5 6ā€™ bed

no power locks, no power window, no power mirrors, no cruise control no backup camera

I did get air conditioning for the sr5

5 speed manual transmission for both

That is all Iā€™ve owned. The new trucks do seem very plush and Iā€™m thinking this or more likely next year it will be time for another truck.

hopefully some extra cabs will start cranking out of the factory and just maybe Toyota might add rear coil springs for the extra cab as an option for 2025
I would have been very happy if I could have those same things you have in 2024. I would have been fine with extend cab 4x4 manual transmission. No tech no power just the motor and the stick. But the SR I have and after 2000 miles I could not be happier in 2024. I did not look at any other vehicles I wanted to shift and thought it could be my last chance for a toyota manual. The sound of the wipers the rowing through the gears I feel like a fucking kid! But alas I am old and fat and drive slow pissing everyone behind me off. It feels good to have come full circle. In a way this truck has led me to the path of enlightenment. I enjoy every chance I get to drive it.

Spike

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
LB Taco will 4th truck going back to a '71 GMC one-ton. Paid $1100. That was a real but it didn't have 4WD which was necessary for my driveway when I moved. '93 F150 and '04 Ranger rusted out. Now waiting for the promised Toyota based on reputation.
Sponsored