How many FIRST TIME TRUCK owners buying 2024

Airborne

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 4runner
Well im old school, run on sentences, and i type like shite…..however. Ive owned TOYOTA Trucks since 18 years old…im 58. Hmmm 40 years, Bills paid, mortgage paid, property investments paid for…….time for new truck. I srart reading forum. And im thinking holy shit…..bad power mirrors, “ my internet doesnt synch up with this or that, Do i need this or that oh wait ……will my 4 wheel drive pretty mall cruiser look safe in parking lot , if i use my TRD cameras…..holy crap..boys…go buy a luxuary lexus, dont worry golf clubs will fit. PULL YOUR PANTIES UP, buy a truck and drive it….. holy crap already. , do these pantie wads go out of their way to create dust on doors to say….”Been offroading baby ….c/mon who gives a crap about all these whining BS THINGS……..DO YOU AT YOUR WIFE EVERY NIGHT AND SAY IM A BAD ASS
look at how i parked, i have big tires, dont worry about mortgage baby we always have the late fee …….this is such a facking joke
buy a truck and move on….theres my rant , i dont care how many dot. Commers or bitcoin losers i upset go to youre timeout corner get over it …..remember its a fackin truck…move on go buy a house
Sponsored

maxx075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Off Road
First time truck owner here. Generally type in complete sentences with punctuation.

I'll take my truck off road and do truck things with it too, but I also want some modern day luxuries. This ain't the 70s boomer, we live better than that now with a whole lot more technology.

Plus I paid 50k for it, if it has issues, I would expect them to be fixed.

Miqie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Sport-Bronze oxide
First time truck owner. Always drove compact cars. Traded in a Nissan Versa on the truck. I've always liked Tacoma's and was thinking of a 2023 till I read about the seat and transmission idiosyncrasies. I put that idea on hold till I read about the 2024 and watched tons of YT videos on it. Now I have a Bronze oxide Sport and love it!

Sponsored

Taco Azul

First Name
MP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Trailhunter LB, Tesla Model X, Polestar 2, Toyota GR86
My first truck was a 57 Chev. It didn’t have seat belts or air conditioning! Sometimes the doors would open while I drove around a corner and it threw a belt about once a month! You all wear your mom’s lipstick!!! Behold my investment property! I am the ultimate badass!

Jessticles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma
I just bought a 24 taco as my first (100%) truck. I live in rural New Mexico, so it's going to get used as a truck hauling stuff around and camping out of in mountains. To be fair, I'm getting rid of my 07 fj cruiser for it that I took everywhere and looks almost new still. It's not going to be a pavement princess. To a lot of people though, like my sister, they just see the price and the shiny and think it's a status symbol.

I really felt like I was in a futuristic version of my fj when I test drove one. I ended up getting a sr5 with the premium upgrade- I wanted the trailer brake controller, the under rear seat storage, and the rear window that opens. I also got the heated seats because they help my back and I haven't seen an aftermarket one that didn't clog the 12v outlet. I tried to get things I wished I had in my fj without breaking the bank. It was 2wd and it could get in and out of a lot that my friend in his frontier would get stuck in, so I did get 4wd this time.

I know it's going to get dinged in parking lots, it's also going to get scratched by bushes on dirt roads- that's what plastic tools and touch up paint are for. But hey, I'm 37, and take care of my stuff.

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Hey @Jessticles - interesting username. :cool:

FJ Cruisers are great trucks and I bet you will love your SR5. Dings and scratches are just evidence that you are using your truck as it was meant to be used. If any off road truck looks like a garage queen it was a waste of a great vehicle that was born to explore and play off road.

Ruissimo

First Name
Rui
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Genesis G70
The best part of being old is the ability to give no ***** about what anybody else thinks about anything I do, including how I use my truck as a first time owner.

I think I’ll use the bed to host princess-themed tea parties during the day, and display fancy high-priced dog art in the evenings.

In the mall parking lot.

Sponsored

nick776

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma TRD Sport Premium 4x4
I've had 26 BMWs of various models since 2005. I needed a truck as a second vechile and I was smitten by the new Tacoma. I got Bronze Oxide Premium 4x4 and could not be happier. So, I AM A FIRST TIME TRUCK BUYER and believe I made a great decision. I didn't want a full size truck like F150 or Silverado, so the Tacoma hit the sweet spot for me.

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
Definitely Gen X or older, there's a million things that give it away but the god awful one finger punch typing is the dead giveaway lol. Some of us can't afford a fancy new Lexus, much less a Lexus and a truck.

First time truck owner here, I bought the truck because I need to do truck stuff, and I want to get into overlanding eventually. While on pavement my trucks a pavement princess, or a mall crawler "with nice tires", when on dirt or loaded with payload it's being used and abused as a truck should.

I'm not going to ditch out the bells and whistles because it's a truck and some old guy thinks that's how it should work lol, I don't have the financial means for a secondary vehicle due to insurance costs

Don't let it get your knickers in too much of a knot though, I'll be over here shining up my mall crawler and adding a bunch of useless athletically pleasing mods.

P.S. OP is exactly how I imagine every TacoNation user lol

dvrgz

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 Long Bed
Well im old school, run on sentences, and i type like shite…..however. Ive owned TOYOTA Trucks since 18 years old…im 58. Hmmm 40 years, Bills paid, mortgage paid, property investments paid for…….time for new truck. I srart reading forum. And im thinking holy shit…..bad power mirrors, “ my internet doesnt synch up with this or that, Do i need this or that oh wait ……will my 4 wheel drive pretty mall cruiser look safe in parking lot , if i use my TRD cameras…..holy crap..boys…go buy a luxuary lexus, dont worry golf clubs will fit. PULL YOUR PANTIES UP, buy a truck and drive it….. holy crap already. , do these pantie wads go out of their way to create dust on doors to say….”Been offroading baby ….c/mon who gives a crap about all these whining BS THINGS……..DO YOU AT YOUR WIFE EVERY NIGHT AND SAY IM A BAD ASS
look at how i parked, i have big tires, dont worry about mortgage baby we always have the late fee …….this is such a facking joke
buy a truck and move on….theres my rant , i dont care how many dot. Commers or bitcoin losers i upset go to youre timeout corner get over it …..remember its a fackin truck…move on go buy a house
grandpa please! You’re embarrassing me!

mrgooden

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited
Previous Trucks and Cars, Fack it, May as well add Cars.

1978 Caprice Classic 4 Door
1977 Caprice Classic 2 Door, Totaled, I was T-boned
1976 Plymouth Fury
1980 Cutlas Supreme
1984 F150
2000 Nissan Sentra
2002 Dodge Caravan
2004 Dodge Caravan
2004 Ranger, Totaled, Fell Asleep and hit a Jersey Wall at 70.
2004 Jeep Cherokee
2011 Ranger
2012 F150 Lariat
2012 Dodge Journey
2013 F150 Limited
2013 Ford Taurus
2014 Ford Taurus, Totaled, hit Deer
2019 Mustang GT
2022 Supra GR 3.0, Sold, unable to get that low anymore due to my back.
2023 Kia Sportage
2024 Tacoma Limited, pavement princess

Let's see how long I keep this one.

Richard
Sponsored