How to keep A/C Switch on?

93ag

First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Sport
Anyone know how to keep the A/C switch on? Every time I start my truck I have to toggle the A/C switch to turn it on again. When I remote start I want the A/C to be on and cooling things down. Thanks
Sponsored

nyydynasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma SR5
I could be wrong but I believe it is on, although it shows it as off (there's a few threads complaining about that exact issue). I know when I auto start mine, the AC looks like it's off but it is on.

OP
OP

93ag

First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Sport
Thanks, NYY. That explains why I didn’t notice much difference when I toggled the switch. Neither was putting out really cold air.

Delirious

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
I could be wrong but I believe it is on, although it shows it as off (there's a few threads complaining about that exact issue). I know when I auto start mine, the AC looks like it's off but it is on.
That is correct. Mine is on when I remote start it, although the indicator light is off, but I haven't noticed if I it is on when I do not remote start it because I always just leave the switch on.
When I toggle it on, the indicator light is on and I can then turn it off.
If I remember right, there is a setting in the app for climate control for remote start and also I think there might be one in the infotainment center under settings.

nyydynasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma SR5
That is correct. Mine is on when I remote start it, although the indicator light is off, but I haven't noticed if I it is on when I do not remote start it because I always just leave the switch on.
When I toggle it on, the indicator light is on and I can then turn it off.
If I remember right, there is a setting in the app for climate control for remote start and also I think there might be one in the infotainment center under settings.
my AC definitely works with the LED off (i.e. as in auto start functionality). If I get in and turn on the AC, the LED turns on and nothing changes (as expected). If I hit it again, the LED turns off and so does the AC.

basically, everything works as I would expect, just the LED is not on by default.

Sponsored

Delirious

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
my AC definitely works with the LED off (i.e. as in auto start functionality). If I get in and turn on the AC, the LED turns on and nothing changes (as expected). If I hit it again, the LED turns off and so does the AC.

basically, everything works as I would expect, just the LED is not on by default.
Oh I gotcha. Then something is definitely not correct because that doesn't happen with me and it shouldn't happen with anyone. I've think all of us need to get a list together of the weird stuff happening in their vehicles and setting an appointment so that Toyota keeps having to pay these dealerships warranty work for issues which might cause them to put out TSB's . What do you all say? (I'm making an appointment for an upcoming Wednesday. Wednesdays are the best days for service, for production days and so forth. )
I was getting surveys once a week or once every couple weeks and now they seem to have stoped. The surveys were directed at owners of new production models. The last time I listed a bunch of issues on there and I have not heard back from them since. Go figure.

soupy1234

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma OR Long Bed
There's a setting in the infotainment system to make the A/C automatically turn on. Most comments I've seen have been asking how to get it to STOP coming on.

JED

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Tacoma TRD Sport

This is my experience as well. As long as the set point is lower than the ambient cab temperature it’s in cooling mode.

soupy1234

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma OR Long Bed
Here's the setting. I have mine off because I'm a bit of a control freak.:)
2024 Tacoma How to keep A/C Switch on? 1000006793

Sponsored

Kjc

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma OR
Anyone know how to keep the A/C switch on? Every time I start my truck I have to toggle the A/C switch to turn it on again. When I remote start I want the A/C to be on and cooling things down. Thanks
If you turn off Auto A/C in the infotainment car settings menu then the A/C will stay where you left it when you got out of the truck... If auto a/c is on the air is on but the light stays off when autostarting..

fightforfood247

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma trd off road
So obv when the temp is set low the truck gets cooler. However this is totally different than the ac toggle being activated. The truck might get cooler ya. But go from the truck getting “normal cooling” then switch the toggle on. There is a massive different in temperature coming from the vents. So ya people so my ac is on is great. But it’s not the same compared to the toggle being on. And this staying I have no remedy nor do I think it’s something you can have on when starting the truck again

Miqie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Sport-Bronze oxide
Here's the setting. I have mine off because I'm a bit of a control freak.:)
1000006793.jpg
That's how I solved the A/C being on when the switch was off. Now, just fresh air comes out the vents until I toggle the A/C switch.

Reactions: Kjc

Frog Mack

First Name
Frog
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma TRD, 14 FJC
Yeah, when in "Auto" mode, A/C turns on or off depending on needs, unless you want to force it to stay on, then you press A/C button to stay on regardless.
Sponsored