Sponsored

I can not recommend the 2024 Tacoma, buyer beware

Status
Not open for further replies.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 TRD OR in LR, 24 TRD OR Underground Allocated
I love all the people with intact trucks saying well thats what you get buying a first year gen. That's not an excuse at all. They'd be the same frustrated people if the tables were turned, kind of comical. When the 3rd gen came out I had one that needed a new rear diff within months of buying it and I was a first month delivery, I had the rear diff literally in a few days. Saying its a new model gen is nothing but a lame excuse for Toyota. Good luck OP getting her back.
Sponsored

Tire fryer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Ford F250 7.3 4x4
I don't think there is any hint at gloating but its a well known fact that buying anything first year of production carries risks. being the first kid on the block has drawbacks. i too was ready to put a deposit down on a new taco but mark ups and the new model shakedowns kept me from going ahead. i believe that everyone here wishes the best to the OP, myself included.

395North

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Taco and 22 Jeep Rubicon
OP you are being a drama queen. Stop it.

AusInVicBC

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD OR Prem Hybrid
My brother in law crashed his Hyundai IONIQ after being one of the early adopters. it took 9 months before he got the car fixed due to lack of spare parts etc.

It is not uncommon for repair components and sometimes expertise to take a while to get 'out there'.

Tacohunter2024

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAV4 Prime → '24 TRD OR or Sport
Do Not Buy this Truck. To anyone considering purchasing the 2024 Tacoma please consider that if your truck needs basic repairs or parts you may have to wait 3 to 6 months for the parts. On my personal 2024 Tacoma I was rear-ended with the tailgate down. The body shop needs the tailgate handle and the inner parts and they have an estimated delivery of September for the parts. The truck has currently been in the shop for 3 months (delivered to shop April 29) and they say they can't get the parts. Toyota is not making the parts available and will not be shipping parts to dealers and shops. I have called Toyota Corporation USA several times and they tell me "the parts are not available and they can not expedite parts delivery". From this buyers perspective it is evident that Toyota has all the parts to build new trucks in Mexico and is rolling them off the assembly line every day. But Toyota will not help the 2024 Tacoma owner once the truck is purchased. Buyer beware!
I don't blame you for buying first model year, it's ok to be excited and passionate about things, lol Also, it's a Toyota, it's a reasonable expectation that they would have their act together.

From what I hear, this is an excuse many manufacturers are still using. Still cashing in on COVID production delay stories. They've had more than enough time to add staff and increase production. Their suppliers too. There should be no option that involves the customer waiting 6 months for parts. If that's the case, you shouldn't have released the trucks if you can't support them.

Sponsored

TurboTruck!

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma SR MT 4x4
Hope is an expectation of a possibility. Some humans base their entire life on a sense of hope.

TallonH

First Name
Tallon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma trd off-road
The risk you run when buying a new generation vehicle. You should have thought about this before buying.
What an ignorant thing to say. You’d have been better not saying anything. It would have been far more beneficial to the conversation if you hadn’t

maxx075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Off Road
What an ignorant thing to say. You’d have been better not saying anything. It would have been far more beneficial to the conversation if you hadn’t
Same for this comment :)

TallonH

First Name
Tallon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma trd off-road
Same for this comment :)
It’s clear your ignorance is a vast as the oceans are deep.
Someone has to buy the first year of a new gen, those people are going to help sort out problems, but the problem described among some of the others these things have they shouldn’t be recommended for purchase and Toyota should be issuing a stop sale. Again though glad your ignorance is here with us moving conversation forward 👍

Sponsored

maxx075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Off Road
It’s clear your ignorance is a vast as the oceans are deep.
Someone has to buy the first year of a new gen, those people are going to help sort out problems, but the problem described among some of the others these things have they shouldn’t be recommended for purchase and Toyota should be issuing a stop sale. Again though glad your ignorance is here with us moving conversation forward 👍
I am glad I could be of service :wink:

Bluznvice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OR LB Bronze Oxide
Guess how many Tacos are sitting in the shop waiting for internal tailgate parts? Probably just freaking one. That wouldn't stop me from buying a new Taco.

And all this crap about "fist year" is just that. I wouldn't expect internal tailgate internal parts to be immediately available...EVER! Better luck in a few years after the pick n pull inventory builds up.

If the OP was working with Toyota arbitration instead of just whimpering, a quicker solution might be to get a whole new tailgate, but I'm sure there's an excuse for that too.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.