Sponsored

Trocious

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma OR Premium
Loving the clean and minimalist look of the 703s. Went with the SL rated Open Countries and they’re nice a comfortable for daily driving. They do have a bit of a hum at highway speeds but it’s not terrible. Going from 60lb Wildpeaks on my 2nd gen to these is a big difference.

2024 Tacoma Method 703 wheels + Toyo Open Country A/T III 285/70/17 tires installed IMG_0534
2024 Tacoma Method 703 wheels + Toyo Open Country A/T III 285/70/17 tires installed IMG_0533
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 TRD OR in LR, 24 TRD OR Underground Allocated
Dang that looks good, have me rethinking my choices, I have a peak lift sitting and was gonna do 703's in a zero offset, is this +35?

OP
OP
Trocious

Trocious

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma OR Premium
Yea +35. Wanted to try and avoid as many rocks to the body as possible. Hoping some decent aftermarket mud flaps are available soon.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 TRD OR in LR, 24 TRD OR Underground Allocated
Yep, this is taco number 14 for me, I ran negative offset on my last two and did PPF on the rear but still got chips. The flairs even in stock form always got chipped. I couldn't imagine you'd have too much of an issue but did see even with stock tires and wheels guys are getting pretty dinged up.

Garrett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OR
Looks great. I've been looking at that exact tire/size; need to to pull the trigger. How much, if at all, do you feel the extra weight vs stock BFGs?

OP
OP
Trocious

Trocious

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma OR Premium
Looks great. I've been looking at that exact tire/size; need to to pull the trigger. How much, if at all, do you feel the extra weight vs stock BFGs?
You can feel it a bit going over big bumps, the extra weight pulling the suspension down. It’s not bad tho. It was much worse with my 2nd gen Tacoma running Wildpeaks.

In regards to power, it’s barely noticeable. It might actually feel a little more natural as it causes the truck to linger in the torque curve a bit longer. I think that’s a mix between being little taller and heavier. Still feels like it has plenty of power and is easy to drive in traffic and on the highway.
Sponsored