Blue Crush Taco

Blue Crush Taco

First Name
Dare
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport
You’re a good man! I was wanting to wait for the pro, and the hybrid, but I couldn’t wait… and I didn’t want to pay 60k+ 10k or whatever for a dealer fee for one. I totaled my 2020 Tacoma (t-boned by a 14 passenger Mercedes van) back in March and I’ve been driving a Subaru forester since then. No offense to the forester, but I miss driving a truck!

I intend on lifting mine probably 3-3.5” and running 33’s or 35’s as soon as some decent lifts are released for it, then I’ll be done messing with it lol I’m confident the turbo 4 will handle the bigger tires fine with the extra torque it has.
Enjoy your new truck when you get it! I'm happy to help with any questions. Thanks
Sponsored

Sponsored

BMM123

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAV4 now - Sport Premium on order
She's a beauty! I'm a sucker for white, hopefully soon I'll be posting the same 😁
It's the wind chill pearl so it's got a few different looks

BMM123

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Congrats! Looks like the east coast of Canada got theirs first.

Does your sport + come with a locking fuel door?
The premium doesn't have a locking fuel door so I would assume that none of the trims will. Maybe the hybrid versions will have one?

BMM123

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good Morning, question, did you sport + come with the bed step that folds down from the back somewhere? I was looking over the owners manual that was posted in a thread on this website. The manual mentions this but doesn't have a notation stating "if equipped" so I thought maybe it was just a standard option. TIA

Tacohunter2024

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAV4 Prime → '24 TRD OR or Sport
Does the Tacoma come with automatic engine start/stop?

Also, can you tell when you place the transmission in Park, does the electric brake engage?
I don't know if it helps, but I have a 2023 RAV4 Prime XSE Premium, oddly it does have many similarities to these trucks (tech wise at least). It does have that electronic parking brake, which did automatically engage when you put the vehicle in Park. I deactivated that the first week I had it.

If I remember right it's just hold it in one position for 5 seconds and it turns off the auto functionality, very easy. I have a flat garage and a flat parking lot at work. 60%-70% of the time I do not need that thing engaging.

Sponsored

mi11ion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
I don't know if it helps, but I have a 2023 RAV4 Prime XSE Premium, oddly it does have many similarities to these trucks (tech wise at least). It does have that electronic parking brake, which did automatically engage when you put the vehicle in Park. I deactivated that the first week I had it.

If I remember right it's just hold it in one position for 5 seconds and it turns off the auto functionality, very easy. I have a flat garage and a flat parking lot at work. 60%-70% of the time I do not need that thing engaging.
That’s very good information to know. My fear is with very cold winters the brakes could freeze and not disengage….. I’m hoping the new Tacomas have this option you have mentioned.

OP
OP
Blue Crush Taco

Blue Crush Taco

First Name
Dare
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport

Thank you for this info. I'm not a fan of this feature. Was it in the owners manual how to do it? Thanks

OP
OP
Blue Crush Taco

Blue Crush Taco

First Name
Dare
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport
Ok. I was able to deactivate this feature! Seat belt on, foot on brake, shift from park to drive. Push down on brake button for 5 seconds and you will get message on screen saying it was deactivated. Hope this helps
Sponsored