Sponsored

bking

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
The whooshing noise in the video as well - it’s fake. The Tacoma does not make that noise. All around a guy who has no clue. If you didn’t know what the button does, why wouldn’t you just edit it out of the video or not mention it at all?
I suppose, but give the guy a break. I personally enjoyed the video and the driving impressions. As he said, this is his first video. The production value was pretty good. He spent his time doing a video review... no reason to dog on it. He'll get better.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Ghosted_trd

Ghosted_trd

First Name
Jace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 4Runner, 2017 4Runner, 2024 Tacoma
I’ve drove a new Tacoma, there is no noise like that coming from the turbo
That was a sound clip from inside the engine bay, you still hear the turbo inside the vehicle as well

OP
OP
Ghosted_trd

Ghosted_trd

First Name
Jace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
hard to take the review too seriously, there’s no such whistle noise unless there’s something aftermarket on that truck. Also, doesnt know what a trailer brake button is. Just a “I don’t know what that button does”. Pretty bad, one would think when spending that kind of money on a truck you knew what you were buying.
I didn’t buy it to tow 🤣 so please mind your own business, I came for a dinosaur of a vehicle so EVERYTHING is still really new to me. I’m not going to take the time to read the manual for every little thing when there is already videos out there explaining that button

Tacanta14

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco BD Hardtop 4Dr 2.3 MT
Yes actually, I have heard that in another video. Let me find a link to it.

he is intentionally revving it up at the part of the video. It must be the OEM waste gate.
Thanks for your reply and the link to another video, and it still sounds weird to me (I've got a 2022 Bronco BD w/2.3 MT), and I've never heard that sound before! Does the Taco having both direct and port injection vs the Bronco only having direct make the difference? Obviously, the Bronco is my first turbo vehicle, so I just don't know how they should sound! Thanks.

StreeTaco

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
The whooshing noise in the video as well - it’s fake. The Tacoma does not make that noise. All around a guy who has no clue. If you didn’t know what the button does, why wouldn’t you just edit it out of the video or not mention it at all?
Tell us all,, how a first time YouTuber ( we can all tell from the video, however not knocking it at all) could overdub turbo sounds perfectly in sync with the boost gauge? It’s highly more likely that these are in fact actual sounds that this truck is making.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Ghosted_trd

Ghosted_trd

First Name
Jace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That noise at the end of the video can't be the turbo spooling up, can it? If so, that just doesn't sound right to me.
Yea it’s the turbo, that’s how turbos sound. There is a high pitch scream for a second until the turbo is spooled up then it quiets down and is able to suck more air in. Then when you let go of the gas, the air gets pushed back out and that’s where you hear that flutter

OP
OP
Ghosted_trd

Ghosted_trd

First Name
Jace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, some people don't tow enough to need it. I personally have never towed anything heavy enough to need to use one. Could've read the manual though.
Yea I didn’t want to waste my time reading the manual when there are already a ton of videos out explaining that button

Tacanta14

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco BD Hardtop 4Dr 2.3 MT
Yea it’s the turbo, that’s how turbos sound. There is a high pitch scream for a second until the turbo is spooled up then it quiets down and is able to suck more air in. Then when you let go of the gas, the air gets pushed back out and that’s where you hear that flutter
That's not how my '22 Bronco with the 2.3L MT sounds, at all, and I can't even tell (unless I check the turbo boost gauge) when my turbo kicks in. The Bronco is direct injection only, so maybe the Taco having direct and port injection make a difference? That being said, I'm 70 with some hearing loss (racquetball accident in '74) so maybe that's why!

OP
OP
Ghosted_trd

Ghosted_trd

First Name
Jace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Think you’re missing the point. To not know what a brake hold does is one thing. To buy a truck, that has a built in hitch, as well as a built in trailer brake system, (as most trucks do now a days) and then do a review on a truck and not know what the button does Isn’t professional. Most people buy a truck because they need to tow or plan to tow, and trucks tow more than cars or SUV’s do. Towing and the availability of a trailer brake system is so often talked about when reviewing a truck. Some reviews exclusively review on how a truck tows, its capacity tow and the features it has for towing, such as around view cameras etc. then to have these whooshing sounds at the end of the video leading people to believe it’s the turbo noise and then getting comments that the turbo noise is so cool. That noise doesn’t exist in the 2024 Tacoma. I’m merely pointing out that this guy also noted that it’s his first YouTube video, and it’s abundantly clear. In order for this guy to continue to do reviews on trucks, and post them to YouTube and then in a forum as specific as the Tacoma4G where many like myself can see right through a fake/poor/useless review needs to maybe put a little more thought into becoming the next YouTube sensation for truck reviews 😂.
How was this a fake review? I paid full price for this truck and I don’t get paid by Toyota, yea it was a poor review because I have never reviewed a vehicle before so we all have to start somewhere. It’s sad that you had to come on here and complain about everything, that’s just a huge waste of time. I already know what you’re about to say “watching your video was a waste of my time”. I bet you have no clue what goes into a video like this so have some more respect.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Ghosted_trd

Ghosted_trd

First Name
Jace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sounds awesome to me like a high out put motor. listen to all turbo diesels and high end BMW's, gtrs ext. looks like Toyota took some pages out of the bmw playbook with the 2.4.... I wonder how much boost this engine puts out....?
15 PSI stock

OP
OP
Ghosted_trd

Ghosted_trd

First Name
Jace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Why would I? I’d like to see your review, then you can talk. The turbo noise was not fake, that was a sound clip from inside the engine bay

Sner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RX350, 1999 Miata, 2011 Accord, 2024 Tacoma
Tell us all,, how a first time YouTuber ( we can all tell from the video, however not knocking it at all) could overdub turbo sounds perfectly in sync with the boost gauge? It’s highly more likely that these are in fact actual sounds that this truck is making.
It isn't making that noise in the cab as you are driving it as represented.
I didn’t buy it to tow 🤣 so please mind your own business, I came for a dinosaur of a vehicle so EVERYTHING is still really new to me. I’m not going to take the time to read the manual for every little thing when there is already videos out there explaining that button
Best not to mention it or edit it out of your video if you don't know what the button is for.

OP
OP
Ghosted_trd

Ghosted_trd

First Name
Jace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I suppose, but give the guy a break. I personally enjoyed the video and the driving impressions. As he said, this is his first video. The production value was pretty good. He spent his time doing a video review... no reason to dog on it. He'll get better.
Thank you! We all have to start somewhere haha

OP
OP
Ghosted_trd

Ghosted_trd

First Name
Jace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's not how my '22 Bronco with the 2.3L MT sounds, at all, and I can't even tell (unless I check the turbo boost gauge) when my turbo kicks in. The Bronco is direct injection only, so maybe the Taco having direct and port injection make a difference? That being said, I'm 70 with some hearing loss (racquetball accident in '74) so maybe that's why!
To me, it doesn’t seem like the new Tacoma has a blow off valve like the new broncos. But you can only hear the turbo like that from the engine bay
Sponsored