Sponsored

2ndGen2TrlHntr

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Trailhunter Bronze Oxide; 2018 Audi S5 tuned
This is a bit late but I wanted to post a few updates. I picked up my Trailhunter last week and have now owned it for a little over a week. This is not meant to be a comprehensive review, but below are a few bullet point thoughts and comments so far.

Overall I have nothing but amazing things to say about the truck and those waiting it is 1000% worth the wait. I will address one negative below.
  • Background: I just sold my 05' Tacoma TRD Offroad that was built out. I also have a 2018 Audi S5.
  • Driving: I absolutely love the way the truck drives. The low end torque is incredible and it now has plenty of available power. it is absolutely effortless to accelerate and passing people at highway speeds is now significantly easier (maybe too easy). I would say that it feels "quick" for a truck.
  • Comfort: My wife and I find the seats and cockpit to be very comfortable.
  • Cabin noise: With the windows up the truck is extremely quiet. I will address the windows down separately.
  • Color & overall looks: I cannot emphasize how beautiful the Bronze Oxide is and the truck in general. I could not be happier with how the color looks in person. I have had a few people talk to me about it and they all love the color. It's also been neat seeing a few people that know what the Trailhunter is talk to us and comment as we're driving by. It's not a head turner like a Ferrari or anything (haha), but for those that know what it is it's been cool to see their reactions.
  • Build quality: The build quality is amazing. As compared to my second gen there is literally no comparison. It feels more like a German car (in terms of engineering quality and thought put into everything) than what I was used to before. I have not looked or ever considered buying any of the "competitors" and after buying this I have no plan to. It was worth every penny.
  • Cost: $64,455 out the door; The dealer I bought from doesn't charge ADM's or add any extra crap to it so it was bare bones besides the mud guards.
    • $62,900 MSRP
    • $60 Mud Guards
    • $1495 Delivery, processing and handling fee
  • Negative: With the windows down I find the snorkel to be incredibly obnoxious (very loud under almost any acceleration) and an oversight by their engineering team in my opinion. If given the option I would have omitted it. I don't mind the way it looks or its function, but the noise is in my opinion going to be tough to live with. I have not had a chance to get offroad yet but I am guessing that in a steep situation under constant acceleration it will have a nonstop swooshing sound. I am almost positive that the aftermarket will have some solutions/ideas to make it quieter in the future, but for now I will live with it and likely get used to it somewhat. I am not trying to blow this out of proportion, but I do find the truck amazing in literally all other aspects and highly refined, but this is a bit of a miss in my opinion.

Build: I will post progress pics as I build out each of the phases below.
    • What I've done so far
      • ARB rack removal
      • Ceramic window tint: 70% windshield, 15% front windows, 70% rear windows (this brings the rear to 20% and front to 15%, to the naked eye it matches and was as close as you can get). I am very happy with the way it turned out.
      • UpTop Overland Roof rack: This is mainly for aesthetics, but also air flow for our camper.
    • Next phase(s): I am based in the Denver area so most of the build is being done here locally with the exception of the Lone Peak.
      • 09/10 new tires -- Next week I'm putting 295 x 70 x 18 Falken Wildpeak AT4 tires on (this works out to being a 34.3). The shop I went to thinks that it might be possible to fit the tire underneath. I hope that's the case, but I will update everyone when I take it in on the 10th.
      • 09/13 Lone Peak Camper install-- Next week I am driving out to WA to get the Lone Peak Camper installed.
        • My buddy out here has an LP Camper and we've camped with him quite a few times now so I've been able to see it in action and love the design, size, quality, and price point.
      • 09/16 - 09/27 drawer and camp kitchen buildout by Air Down Gear Up: My truck will the first 4th Gen Tacoma (first Tacoma in general) install and I think is going to turn out amazing.
        • Air Down Gear Up is a competitive/alternative option to Goose Gear. The prices are very similar as well. They are based just north of Denver and so far I have had an excellent experience working with them.
      • 09/30 camper buildout by Juniper Overland: This is a pretty extensive build with details below.
        • 130w solar panel mounted to Lone Peak
        • Red Arc goodies (2000w inverter, TVMS Prime kit which includes Red Vision)
          • Everything will be wired through the Red Arc system and be able to be controlled either through Red Vision or the app.
        • National Luna Lights (5 total)
        • National Luna Fridge/Freezer
        • Dakota Lithium 135ah battery
        • Outlets (USB C & USB A)
        • Proper Heater install (I already have this from my previous build)
        • 12 gallon water tank + pump
  • If all goes according to plan I will have my truck fully built out by the first week or so of October.
Pics below: I have several starting with when I picked it up through where I am now in terms of "build out". The ones with it on the fork lift were at the shop that's doing the tires testing the flex to see what size tire we could get away with before requiring any bump stop or suspension changes as well as what size spare we could fit. I did not have the sway bar disconnected. I definitely could fit 35's without issue, but that will likely not fit in the spare location. This would be the only other minor complaint. If Toyota is building this thing to accommodate bigger tires then why didn't they increase the ability to carry a bigger spare. The pic of the snorkel piece I am assuming is what the QC hold was all about. I saw someone else post about it as well. The piece in my hand was sitting in the back seat and you can see rivets/attachment pieces on the one that is installed.

IMG_4293.jpeg

IMG_4302.jpeg

IMG_4304.jpeg

IMG_4306.jpeg

IMG_4308.jpeg

IMG_4307.jpeg

IMG_4323.jpeg

IMG_4321.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP
2ndGen2TrlHntr

2ndGen2TrlHntr

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
+1 on the snorkel. It’s not bad with the driver’s side window down, but with passenger’s it is obnoxious. I’ll be looking for a silencer soon.
Agreed. If you stumble across a solution please post up and I will do the same. I did see someone on the FB page posted about duct taping something but I would prefer a more official fix if possible.

dunder

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Trailhunter, '25 MB CLE53
I’m hoping for a shorter forward facing snorkel from the aftermarket, otherwise I’m thinking I’ll blank off the snorkel in the engine compartment and install a CAI.

Last edited:

Biggs1975

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Toyota Tacoma
This is a bit late but I wanted to post a few updates. I picked up my Trailhunter last week and have now owned it for a little over a week. This is not meant to be a comprehensive review, but below are a few bullet point thoughts and comments so far.

Overall I have nothing but amazing things to say about the truck and those waiting it is 1000% worth the wait. I will address one negative below.
  • Background: I just sold my 05' Tacoma TRD Offroad that was built out. I also have a 2018 Audi S5.
  • Driving: I absolutely love the way the truck drives. The low end torque is incredible and it now has plenty of available power. it is absolutely effortless to accelerate and passing people at highway speeds is now significantly easier (maybe too easy). I would say that it feels "quick" for a truck.
  • Comfort: My wife and I find the seats and cockpit to be very comfortable.
  • Cabin noise: With the windows up the truck is extremely quiet. I will address the windows down separately.
  • Color & overall looks: I cannot emphasize how beautiful the Bronze Oxide is and the truck in general. I could not be happier with how the color looks in person. I have had a few people talk to me about it and they all love the color. It's also been neat seeing a few people that know what the Trailhunter is talk to us and comment as we're driving by. It's not a head turner like a Ferrari or anything (haha), but for those that know what it is it's been cool to see their reactions.
  • Build quality: The build quality is amazing. As compared to my second gen there is literally no comparison. It feels more like a German car (in terms of engineering quality and thought put into everything) than what I was used to before. I have not looked or ever considered buying any of the "competitors" and after buying this I have no plan to. It was worth every penny.
  • Cost: $64,455 out the door; The dealer I bought from doesn't charge ADM's or add any extra crap to it so it was bare bones besides the mud guards.
    • $62,900 MSRP
    • $60 Mud Guards
    • $1495 Delivery, processing and handling fee
  • Negative: With the windows down I find the snorkel to be incredibly obnoxious (very loud under almost any acceleration) and an oversight by their engineering team in my opinion. If given the option I would have omitted it. I don't mind the way it looks or its function, but the noise is in my opinion going to be tough to live with. I have not had a chance to get offroad yet but I am guessing that in a steep situation under constant acceleration it will have a nonstop swooshing sound. I am almost positive that the aftermarket will have some solutions/ideas to make it quieter in the future, but for now I will live with it and likely get used to it somewhat. I am not trying to blow this out of proportion, but I do find the truck amazing in literally all other aspects and highly refined, but this is a bit of a miss in my opinion.

Build: I will post progress pics as I build out each of the phases below.
    • What I've done so far
      • ARB rack removal
      • Ceramic window tint: 70% windshield, 15% front windows, 70% rear windows (this brings the rear to 20% and front to 15%, to the naked eye it matches and was as close as you can get). I am very happy with the way it turned out.
      • UpTop Overland Roof rack: This is mainly for aesthetics, but also air flow for our camper.
    • Next phase(s): I am based in the Denver area so most of the build is being done here locally with the exception of the Lone Peak.
      • 09/10 new tires -- Next week I'm putting 295 x 70 x 18 Falken Wildpeak AT4 tires on (this works out to being a 34.3). The shop I went to thinks that it might be possible to fit the tire underneath. I hope that's the case, but I will update everyone when I take it in on the 10th.
      • 09/13 Lone Peak Camper install-- Next week I am driving out to WA to get the Lone Peak Camper installed.
        • My buddy out here has an LP Camper and we've camped with him quite a few times now so I've been able to see it in action and love the design, size, quality, and price point.
      • 09/16 - 09/27 drawer and camp kitchen buildout by Air Down Gear Up: My truck will the first 4th Gen Tacoma (first Tacoma in general) install and I think is going to turn out amazing.
        • Air Down Gear Up is a competitive/alternative option to Goose Gear. The prices are very similar as well. They are based just north of Denver and so far I have had an excellent experience working with them.
      • 09/30 camper buildout by Juniper Overland: This is a pretty extensive build with details below.
        • 130w solar panel mounted to Lone Peak
        • Red Arc goodies (2000w inverter, TVMS Prime kit which includes Red Vision)
          • Everything will be wired through the Red Arc system and be able to be controlled either through Red Vision or the app.
        • National Luna Lights (5 total)
        • National Luna Fridge/Freezer
        • Dakota Lithium 135ah battery
        • Outlets (USB C & USB A)
        • Proper Heater install (I already have this from my previous build)
        • 12 gallon water tank + pump
  • If all goes according to plan I will have my truck fully built out by the first week or so of October.
Pics below: I have several starting with when I picked it up through where I am now in terms of "build out". The ones with it on the fork lift were at the shop that's doing the tires testing the flex to see what size tire we could get away with before requiring any bump stop or suspension changes as well as what size spare we could fit. I did not have the sway bar disconnected. I definitely could fit 35's without issue, but that will likely not fit in the spare location. This would be the only other minor complaint. If Toyota is building this thing to accommodate bigger tires then why didn't they increase the ability to carry a bigger spare. The pic of the snorkel piece I am assuming is what the QC hold was all about. I saw someone else post about it as well. The piece in my hand was sitting in the back seat and you can see rivets/attachment pieces on the one that is installed.

IMG_4293.jpeg

IMG_4302.jpeg

IMG_4304.jpeg

IMG_4306.jpeg

IMG_4308.jpeg

IMG_4307.jpeg

IMG_4323.jpeg

IMG_4321.jpeg
Totally agree with your first impressions. I picked up mine about a week and a half ago and absolutely love the truck minus the snorkel noise.

Sponsored

StreeTaco

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
Surely you knew the intake was noisy before you decided that you wanted a TH.. what’s the problem?

JustAnotherDingus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo Wagon (for now!)
+1 on the snorkel. It’s not bad with the driver’s side window down, but with passenger’s it is obnoxious. I’ll be looking for a silencer soon.
Ditto. Curious to see what the aftermarket produces for this. Maybe someone will come up with a prefillter (which would be nice in general) which could muffle the noise?

OP
OP
2ndGen2TrlHntr

2ndGen2TrlHntr

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's not a problem. It's our opinion and we are entitled to give our opinion just like you are.
Yep. This was an attempting to poke the bear type of comment. The truck is awesome, the noise is annoying and louder than expected, but that's it. Just a gripe that we can live with that will almost definitely be fixed through some sort of simple remedy.

Biggs1975

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Toyota Tacoma
Yep. This was an attempting to poke the bear type of comment. The truck is awesome, the noise is annoying and louder than expected, but that's it. Just a gripe that we can live with that will almost definitely be fixed through some sort of simple remedy.
Yeah, I knew what he was doing. It's just like the ones that are trying to say this generation Tacoma is garbage. It is an amazing truck and I have no regrets moving away from my 2005. Kids will be kids.

Sponsored

StreeTaco

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
Y’all are funny, and so sensitive in your old age.. this “kid”, as a TH owner myself, finds the intake sound some what annoying also.. but I knew that going into the deal. Not everyone on here is looking to poke bears, I’m sincerely curious about your decision making process, wherein which you sat down and made Pros and Cons list of each model, and therefore solidified the TH as your top choice, sans snorkel sounds. But wait, I don’t care any more.

trailhunger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TH
Ditto. Curious to see what the aftermarket produces for this. Maybe someone will come up with a prefillter (which would be nice in general) which could muffle the noise?
yea a pre filter would be ideal. I wonder how much testing they’ve done with this part when it comes to 20” of snow on the truck / how much freeze/melt water intrusion is acceptable in the manifold. Apparently water damage to electronics falls under ‘Act of God’ and Toyota won’t warranty it.

all that said I dig the intake noise. Great way to drown out what the wife is yapping about

Biggs1975

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Toyota Tacoma
yea a pre filter would be ideal. I wonder how much testing they’ve done with this part when it comes to 20” of snow on the truck / how much freeze/melt water intrusion is acceptable in the manifold. Apparently water damage to electronics falls under ‘Act of God’ and Toyota won’t warranty it.

all that said I dig the intake noise. Great way to drown out what the wife is yapping about
🤣

WKTJR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma iForce Max
Snorkel is the main reason I didn't go for the TH. Not willing to spend that much coin and then spend more to replace or modify the setup. Also, I do not need the off road capability. So, Street Queen for me, friends.

tnjwinters

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Tacoma TRD Pro
I’m hopefully about 6 weeks out on my TH Bronze Oxide 6’ bed. I’m interested in the upTop rack. What is the total height for garage clearance as it sits with factory wheels?
Sponsored