Sponsored

Need help deciding between Sport or Offroad

Miqie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Sport-Bronze oxide
With your luck acquiring trucks OP, I think I'd wait till the 2025 model year if you're considering the Tacoma, to make sure any bugs are worked out.
Sponsored

n118nw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taco OR Premium
I went with the OR because I wanted MTS. Was it worth the extra price? Probably not because I only go off roading about once a month; but I'd rather have peace of mind knowing I have more tools at my disposal than having to need to call a tow truck.

I'm also waiting for more options for stealth bumpers for a winch and I have a nice selection of recovery gear at my disposal. So to answer your question, they both are very similar--get what you feel comfortable spending, these trucks aren't cheap.

john877

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Sport
There are many things that I don't like about my TRD Sport, the lack of a limit slip differential and lack of auto 4wd. I had both of these on previous non-Toyota pickups and now I really miss them. Try pulling a boat on a slippery launch ramp with a TRD Sport and you will be sadly disappointed. I wish I had done more research, of course Toyota's website imply they have AWD and TRAC systems they are not the same. My advice do your research.

Miqie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Sport-Bronze oxide
Could you explain the 'pulling the boat' part? Is it because of the tires? If you have it in 4W-Low, shouldn't it be able to pull the boat out?

SilverSurfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
TRD OR because it’s the version with the most interest and value when you go to sell it down the road.
Sponsored