Sponsored

New automatic transmission tsb to now include hybrid.

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
I just ran the kissmygrits sheet and there are 345 hybrids sitting on the lots right now that are affected. Total of all trucks is 5080.
The part of this that I don't understand is why did Toyota continue to build trucks when they knew that the transmissions might fail? This problem came up and was diagnosed months ago and yet the are still stuffing them into trucks right into the fall. Obviously Toyota quality is no longer what it used to be.

They have essentially created reliability concerns for all of the 2024 Tacomas. I doubt that these trucks will have the huge retained value that my Tundra had when I traded it in.

tacorancher

First Name
k
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma TH
The part of this that I don't understand is why did Toyota continue to build trucks when they knew that the transmissions might fail? This problem came up and was diagnosed months ago and yet the are still stuffing them into trucks right into the fall. Obviously Toyota quality is no longer what it used to be.

They have essentially created reliability concerns for all of the 2024 Tacomas. I doubt that these trucks will have the huge retained value that my Tundra had when I traded it in.
I think that they believe they will make more money in the long run if they fix this problem on the back end, if and when transmissions fail. Issue is that their reputation is taking a big fucking pop right now. And that will cost them more.

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
I think that they believe they will make more money in the long run if they fix this problem on the back end, if and when transmissions fail. Issue is that their reputation is taking a big fucking pop right now. And that will cost them more.
I agree. This is a cost saving way to get through their latest quality cluster fuck, but in the long run the damage to their reputation is going to cost them big time.

WKTJR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma Limited iForce Max

If you get rid of it within 3 to 5 years, the depreciation curve will likely flatten out after that. However, if Toyota comes up with a suitable solution to all of this, it probably won’t matter.

Sponsored

tacorancher

First Name
k
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma TH
I still believe my truck will last a long time and even if the trans fails, toyota will fix it. Watch this video to listen to car care nut talk about recent quality issues at Toyota:

OP
OP
Gfenza89

Gfenza89

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 tacoma sr5
I agree. This is a cost saving way to get through their latest quality cluster fuck, but in the long run the damage to their reputation is going to cost them big time.
Just dropped mine off, service manager said they had 1 come in right off the truck wouldn’t move at all through the parking lot. He says it’s the only one they’ve seen so far. Wish me luck man I’m dreading the phone call tomorrow and if my history with Toyotas service departments goes the typical way I already know my answer but we shall see..,
Sponsored