Sponsored

RESQCAT

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma Trailhunter (Underground)
John at SPV is GREAT. Thanks so very much for personally taking an interest in my not so little project. The Trailhunter is a great platform for my Search and Rescue truck... and my mods are cargo carrying (Leitner, Uptop, and Decked), Method Wheels and Falken tires, commercial radios for police/fire/agency, and tons of special lighting! Dual color Driving/Traffic Director Light bar front, Traffic Director rear, both built to spec by Tomar. Cali Raised ditch lights, Rigid rear from SPV, KC Hilites scene on bed roof, Uptop Scene (RED) on their KILO cab rack. Meso-customs red/white interior map/dome. SP9100 switch to control many of the lighting options, wiring to be done by Mule Expedition Outfitters in Preston and radios by FCI in North Bend.

Every vendor has been fantastic. Shout out to John at SPV for being over the top in calling me before I could do so. But every vendor I contacted (all of them mentioned above) has been very helpful and enthusiastic to support this project. THANKS TO ALL OF YOU and to my friends and colleagues on this Board. Advice has been very helpful
Sponsored

SPV Parts

BASIC Sponsor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 Raptor, Ranger Raptor
John at SPV is GREAT. Thanks so very much for personally taking an interest in my not so little project. The Trailhunter is a great platform for my Search and Rescue truck... and my mods are cargo carrying (Leitner, Uptop, and Decked), Method Wheels and Falken tires, commercial radios for police/fire/agency, and tons of special lighting! Dual color Driving/Traffic Director Light bar front, Traffic Director rear, both built to spec by Tomar. Cali Raised ditch lights, Rigid rear from SPV, KC Hilites scene on bed roof, Uptop Scene (RED) on their KILO cab rack. Meso-customs red/white interior map/dome. SP9100 switch to control many of the lighting options, wiring to be done by Mule Expedition Outfitters in Preston and radios by FCI in North Bend.

Every vendor has been fantastic. Shout out to John at SPV for being over the top in calling me before I could do so. But every vendor I contacted (all of them mentioned above) has been very helpful and enthusiastic to support this project. THANKS TO ALL OF YOU and to my friends and colleagues on this Board. Advice has been very helpful
Happy to help!

wolfpackwest

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Trailhunter
Hi all, I just want to echo what everyoneā€™s been saying about John at SPV. I sent an email to them last Friday morning and within minutes, was on the phone with Sidney who was SO knowledgeable, but wanted me to connect with John to be sure I was able to accomplish exactly what I was looking for. Within the hour, John was FaceTiming with me on a Friday evening and walked me thru exactly what I needed. Order placed Friday night, and they shipped it UPS 2-Day, and just finished everything up tonight and all works exactly as I had wanted it to. I wanted the backlight feature to work with the taillights, as well as the normal reverse light trigger feature, but I also wanted to be able to use the pre-wired AUX connectors to manually fire the rear lights as well.

Iā€™ll be creating a separate DIY thread to walk thru the install, and I have a load of photos to identify and locate everything. But in the meantime, Iā€™m very happy. Thanks John and Sidney!

2024 Tacoma New Rigid Lights for ARB Steel Rear Bumper IMG_0172

2024 Tacoma New Rigid Lights for ARB Steel Rear Bumper IMG_0173

2024 Tacoma New Rigid Lights for ARB Steel Rear Bumper IMG_0174

Last edited:

mfat

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Victory Kingpin
I'm eager to see your write up as that's exactly how I'm wanting mine to function.

tacorancher

First Name
k
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma TH
I want these lights. Someone explain to me the benefit in case my wife asks šŸ˜†

Sponsored

Vidman

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tundra,1967 chevelle, 1972 c-10 pro street
Been wanting some of these lights so I just ordered a set. Just need my truck

tacorancher

First Name
k
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma TH
Cooler than the blank lol

The probability of me doing this is 100%, but Iā€™m not sure the use cases most folks use them for. I could see needing to see behind me on a remote trail. How far back can these light up.

tacorancher

First Name
k
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma TH
Hi all, I just want to echo what everyoneā€™s been saying about John at SPV. I sent an email to them last Friday morning and within minutes, was on the phone with Sidney who was SO knowledgeable, but wanted me to connect with John to be sure I was able to accomplish exactly what I was looking for. Within the hour, John was FaceTiming with me on a Friday evening and walked me thru exactly what I needed. Order placed Friday night, and they shipped it UPS 2-Day, and just finished everything up tonight and all works exactly as I had wanted it to. I wanted the backlight feature to work with the taillights, as well as the normal reverse light trigger feature, but I also wanted to be able to use the pre-wired AUX connectors to manually fire the rear lights as well.

Iā€™ll be creating a separate DIY thread to walk thru the install, and I have a load of photos to identify and locate everything. But in the meantime, Iā€™m very happy. Thanks John and Sidney!

IMG_0172.jpeg

IMG_0173.jpeg

IMG_0174.jpeg
I want that exactly. I look forward to your DIY post so I can copy / paste.

tacorancher

First Name
k
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma TH
Does anyone have lumens, kelvin, or other light technical details? Throw distance, flood description etc

Sponsored

wolfpackwest

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Trailhunter
Iā€™ll get the write up posted today, but what Iā€™ll say in the meantime is, donā€™t bother with the vehicle-specific kit from Rigid. Just call up John and buy the standard flush mount SR-Lā€™s and get SPVā€™s harness. Their kit is way more intuitive and ā€˜completeā€™ than what the vehicle-specific kit offers (also ended up being cheaper).

Hereā€™s the components:
1. Rigid SR-L Flush Mount pair
2. SPV Short Taillight adapter harness (this part is actually 2 pieces - the taillight adapter harness, and the short harness that goes to the rigid lights)
3. SPV 2-way Splitter Harness
4. SPV single pole connector.

tacorancher

First Name
k
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma TH
Iā€™ll get the write up posted today, but what Iā€™ll say in the meantime is, donā€™t bother with the vehicle-specific kit from Rigid. Just call up John and buy the standard flush mount SR-Lā€™s and get SPVā€™s harness. Their kit is way more intuitive and ā€˜completeā€™ than what the vehicle-specific kit offers (also ended up being cheaper).

Hereā€™s the components:
1. Rigid SR-L Flush Mount pair
2. SPV Short Taillight adapter harness (this part is actually 2 pieces - the taillight adapter harness, and the short harness that goes to the rigid lights)
3. SPV 2-way Splitter Harness
4. SPV single pole connector.

So you get the rigid lights but SPV harness? That works for me.

Am I right it works with the tail lights / running lights, reverse, and the powerful white beam auxiliary - 3 modes, 2 of which are automatic

wolfpackwest

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Trailhunter
So you get the rigid lights but SPV harness? That works for me.

Am I right it works with the tail lights / running lights, reverse, and the powerful white beam auxiliary - 3 modes, 2 of which are automatic
correct, and correct! Iā€™ll take a video to confirm it works with all 3 functions, 2 of which are automatic.

btw, the rigid vehicle-specific kit is just the same thing - the SR-Lā€™s, but with a harness that doesnā€™t work as intended. So itā€™s not like youā€™re getting anything better/worse just piecing the kit together with SPV, other than a more dynamic harness.

tacorancher

First Name
k
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma TH
correct, and correct! Iā€™ll take a video to confirm it works with all 3 functions, 2 of which are automatic.

btw, the rigid vehicle-specific kit is just the same thing - the SR-Lā€™s, but with a harness that doesnā€™t work as intended. So itā€™s not like youā€™re getting anything better/worse just piecing the kit together with SPV, other than a more dynamic harness.

Yup - I trust all that and bypasses the harness fix wait time from rigid. Iā€™m going to call rigid to get technical specs on lumens, tint, throw, flood etc

wolfpackwest

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Trailhunter
Yup - I trust all that and bypasses the harness fix wait time from rigid. Iā€™m going to call rigid to get technical specs on lumens, tint, throw, flood etc
itā€™s on the product page specifications I believe.
Sponsored