Sponsored

Kdbradley85

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR MT
Just installed mine yesterday. Very easy to install, and it looks great too! I had to a bit of searching around my area to find one, but at around $1,000 for an 'OEM' tonneau cover, I definitely can't complain.
I don't know if anyone's done this yet, but I'm attaching the installation instructions here in case anyone needs a copy.

2024 Tacoma OEM Trifold Hard Tonneau Cover PT954-35240 installed on 2024 Tacoma Bed Cover
Sponsored

Attachments

Ruissimo

First Name
Rui
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Genesis G70
Just installed mine yesterday. Very easy to install, and it looks great too! I had to a bit of searching around my area to find one, but at around $1,000 for an 'OEM' tonneau cover, I definitely can't complain.
I don't know if anyone's done this yet, but I'm attaching the installation instructions here in case anyone needs a copy.

Bed Cover.jpeg
Good call on the instructions. I would just say (and sorry that this doesn't help you much) but for others looking to buy one, be on the lookout for Toyota parts sales. I paid less than $800 for mine, even though I had to drive an hour and back to get it from a specific dealer.

Kdbradley85

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR MT
Good call on the instructions. I would just say (and sorry that this doesn't help you much) but for others looking to buy one, be on the lookout for Toyota parts sales. I paid less than $800 for mine, even though I had to drive an hour and back to get it from a specific dealer.
Yeah, mine was discounted a bit (15% off I think), but they seem to be a bit difficult to find, and I'd imagine that sales would only make things more difficult. If you really want a bed cover, this seems like a very solid option, even at the retail price of $1,200, I wouldn't hesitate (unless your budget is really tight). It fits perfect, it looks sharp, and it feels very well built and sturdy. The fact that it's OEM is just icing on the cake!

Ruissimo

First Name
Rui
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Genesis G70
It fits perfect, it looks sharp, and it feels very well built and sturdy. The fact that it's OEM is just icing on the cake!
I agree with all of this. Plus mine doesn't leak, is super-low-profile, and keeps all of my stuff safe and sound.

Jabstep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma
I installed my OEM tonneau this past weekend. On the whole, installation was easy... but I will point out a few lessons learned in hopes they benefit someone else.

1. The TORX T30 bolts in the deck rail can be wayyyy overtorqued from factory and strip out (this was the first time I ever stripped a torx bolt). Be careful removing these and maybe start with a manual driver instead of impact driver. My resolution was to use my oscillating tool to cut a big slot in the bolt cap, and then use a big 1/2" demolition slotted screwdriver to break it free. I had to use channel locks perpendicular to the driver to get enough torque to succeed. I attached a few pictures of the bolt and the tools I used.

bolt_slot.png

bolt_tools.png

2. Starting with the rails, try to push them towards the cab of the truck as far as you can before securing. The reason, is you want to make sure the support arms (for when the cover is folded up against the back window) can reach the cover to lock in, without pulling the cover towards the tailgate. If they pull the cover towards the tailgate, it will prevent the foam pads from resting against the window, and likely block your rearview camera and/or hit against the painted part above the window. I have a photo showing where you should attempt to align the rail, and what you should try for (green arrows) as opposed to avoid (red arrows).

deck_rail_temp.png

support_arms_temp.png

With it completed... I can't say enough how well it is constructed, how well it works, and how excited I am to have it.

finished_cover.png
What did you use for a replacement bolt?

Sponsored

Tbar

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma OR
Hey - I picked my OEM tonneau cover up and when I got home and unboxed it there was no parts bag. I assume the parts bag was supposed to be in the box?

maxx075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Off Road
Y
Hey - I picked my OEM tonneau cover up and when I got home and unboxed it there was no parts bag. I assume the parts bag was supposed to be in the box?
Yep, should have been in there. SOL without it.

Pootklopp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronze Oxide TRD OR

Bed Cover.jpeg
Great post, thanks for the instructions

myrr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' TRD Off Road (for sale) , 24 Trailhunter Inbound
Funny question - but can that Toyota sticker be easily removed from it?

Sponsored