Pretty sure my 2nd transmission is going to fail

fightforfood247

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma trd off road
Got my trd off road auto around may/June timeframe. Had new transmission put in around 2700 miles. Now I’m around 6900 miles and this 2nd transmission just got stuck in 2nd gear. Shut the truck off and turned back on and it had a couple rough shifts but it has went thru all the gears. It’s doing what the 1st trans did before it failed. So I guess it’s back to the dealership.
Sponsored

MT-Taco

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra, 2022 Corolla Hybrid, 2022 RAV4 XSE
Got my trd off road auto around may/June timeframe. Had new transmission put in around 2700 miles. Now I’m around 6900 miles and this 2nd transmission just got stuck in 2nd gear. Shut the truck off and turned back on and it had a couple rough shifts but it has went thru all the gears. It’s doing what the 1st trans did before it failed. So I guess it’s back to the dealership.
Did they replace the torque converter as well?

Spitfiredude

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Tacoma TRD PRO
I am gonna be that person… this is why I don’t purchase in the first few years of a new gen. I feel really bad for some of the people who have their truck in with no fix date. Hoping they take care of you quickly & make it right. Not fair for the consumer(s).

Sponsored

OP
OP

fightforfood247

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma trd off road
Check with your state's 'lemon law' and see if you qualify. I'd run as far away from that truck as possible if you can.
Yea I’m talking with lawyer now. I think it’s just going to have problems after problems

diablo2112

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited
If you're talking to your lawyer, the first thing you were probably told is don't talk about this anywhere, especially social media. Discovery will bring up comments like "I think it's going to have problems after problems" which an opposing attorney may very-well use against you. Good luck.

maxx075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Off Road
If you're talking to your lawyer, the first thing you were probably told is don't talk about this anywhere, especially social media. Discovery will bring up comments like "I think it's going to have problems after problems" which an opposing attorney may very-well use against you. Good luck.
So telling the truth isn't allowed?

Dieselfxr

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 TRD and a 2024 TRDOR with a deposit
Hopefully they replaced or at least flushed the transmission cooler. If that didn’t happen failure is almost inevitable if initial failure put metal debris in system. Aftermarket transmission builders will not warranty transmission unless coolers are replaced (I know that this isn’t aftermarket).

Sponsored

MT-Taco

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra, 2022 Corolla Hybrid, 2022 RAV4 XSE
Friend of mine had a jeep. Power steering failed and we found metal debris. He flushed it and replaced the rack. Failed again! He replaced everything pump, lines, rack, no more issues.

I can’t imagine them not at least flushing the cooling system? Either way it was out the OP’s hands and I feel for him… hopefully they just buy it back without a fuss!

TurboTruck!

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma SR MT 4x4
I am gonna be that person… this is why I don’t purchase in the first few years of a new gen. I feel really bad for some of the people who have their truck in with no fix date. Hoping they take care of you quickly & make it right. Not fair for the consumer(s).
I am going to be that person that will flat out say I will be enjoying my 2024 4th Gen Tacoma for all the years to Come while you wait and watch us Get through a few teething issues but help each other through the ups and downs as we are having the time of our lives in these trucks. Life is very short. A single grain in the sands of time.