tacorancher

tacorancher

First Name
k
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma TH
If you are coming off the highway or hill climbing, DRIVE IT EASY for about a mile. Just keep the rpm’s up slightly and it will not go into hybrid mode. My understanding is that there is not a way to shut off the hybrid. Just don’t drive it in stop and go traffic or where there are stoplights if you are trying to cool the turbo. Not really hard to understand and your owners manual is a great resource.
That answer is both condescending and not really very good. It assumes that the Toyota engineers didn’t consider a way to let the turbos cool in the hybrid version—that they just said “fuck it, we need the engine to shut off in hybrid mode and to hell with the turbos—hopefully folks will just run the engine gently after high load and not let the engine shut off in hybrid mode”. Of course I could always follow that protocol which assumes that we have to find a way to let the turbos cool without the truck automatically shutting off the engine. But I find that answer to be ridiculous. What I’m curious about is how the engineers sorted this issue. Thanks for pointing me to the manual… lol. These kinds of answers are so obnoxious.
Sponsored