Sponsored

Rear floor mats for hybrid models?

VermontTaco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TH Ice Cap (July build date)
Has anyone found a back seat floor mat that works for hybrids? I ordered Lasfit front and back for my TH. Front fit great, but noticed the back one piece mat doesn't fit at all. I went back to their website and noticed that they did call out Not for hybrid's which I completely missed when I ordered. My fault on that one...

Husky doesn't seem to have one for hybrids yet either. Any hybrid owners find a mat that works?
Sponsored

WKTJR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma iForce Max
Not yet. I bought mats with the hump for a hybrid I thought I was getting because, at the time, I figured I would need them. It doesn't really matter, though, since I don't expect many people to be sitting in the back anyway.

Baltimore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gen1.5 Highlander v6 AWD, gen4 Taco Ltd Max
To my knowledge, no one yet.

I'm was waiting on WeatherTech's release, but don't know how long off that'll be. But with weather & four legged ones I was not about to stay on carpet for any unknown duration of time.

After researching all the options out there and eliminating any random character string Asia based company name, that brings us to Real Country, Rave Offroad, Husky (two versions), and TripleALiners. Based on pictures and reviews of the coverage and fit I was looking for (overlapping sill and as large a coverage as possible, including under the seats), the nearest match to my criteria was TripleALiners.

So for now I ordered the @TripleAliners Front & Rear mats knowing full well that the rear was marked as "not compatible with Hybrid". But it was intentional to see just how off the fit was.

By the measurements and playing around I did, I estimate that the hump in a hybrid is about 3/4"-1" (1.5cm) higher than an ICE-only. The rear mat "fits" but has to slope/ramp on either side of the hump to keep them on the outer edge at the door. When I force the liner to lay flat along the hump, it pulls in from the sidewall approx 1" (2cm). Otherwise, the leading and trailing edges of the liner are still a good fit.

My wish for any of these companies on their rear mats was that they didn't stop them at the seat rails, and instead extended the tray under the front seat as far as they could around the air ducts. It's a repetitive silly oversight thinking someone's shoes/boots never go under the seat in front of them {grr}

2024 Tacoma Rear floor mats for hybrid models? 2024-09-26 18.23.11

2024 Tacoma Rear floor mats for hybrid models? 2024-09-26 18.24.44

2024 Tacoma Rear floor mats for hybrid models? 2024-09-26 18.22.11

2024 Tacoma Rear floor mats for hybrid models? 2024-09-26 18.24.29

2024 Tacoma Rear floor mats for hybrid models? 2024-09-26 18.22.45

2024 Tacoma Rear floor mats for hybrid models? 2024-09-26 18.21.30

rkohlerbend

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 iForce Max Limited
I just asked WeatherTech about them yesterday (10/1) and their reply was that they will be making rears for both the Hybrid and non-hybrid Tacoma's. I also asked about a release date and they just said "coming soon."
Sponsored

Last edited: