Sponsored

Removing/hiding mild scratches on dash by AC knobs

Baltimore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gen1.5 Highlander v6 AWD, gen4 Taco Ltd Max
Noticed these two scratches on delivery of my Tacoma and I'm wondering if there are recommendations on how one might eliminate or effectively make them disappear without having to figure out a part# and tear down sequence to replace the trim panel itself.

Neither removed by glass cleaner and while you can't feel the left one, you can catch your fingernail on the right one.

And before anyone says the asinine, no I was not going to refuse delivery after a 3mo wait for something this minor.

Looking for input from those having already dealt with similar on this truck or other vehicles

Much appreciated!

2024 Tacoma Removing/hiding mild scratches on dash by AC knobs eeff73cd-cd15-4cd1-9161-9d8605fba37f

2024 Tacoma Removing/hiding mild scratches on dash by AC knobs 9d865606-23e3-468d-be17-a0310c08ea54
Sponsored

Bluznvice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OR LB Bronze Oxide
Yeah, not enough to refuse delivery, but things like this sure do bug the shit out of you.

The interior plastic on this truck is very prone to scratching and marking. I use 303 protectant for the interior and black exterior parts.

Hopefully you noted it on delivery and they'll replace it

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
I have smoothed out scratches in plastic similar to the ones you have with a mild rubbing compound. I also have some plastic polish that I found on Amazon which does a good job of removing surface scratches.

I would probably try the plastic polish first and those don't look bad enough to replace the panel IMO.

OP
OP

Baltimore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have smoothed out scratches in plastic similar to the ones you have with a mild rubbing compound. I also have some plastic polish that I found on Amazon which does a good job of removing surface scratches.

I would probably try the plastic polish first and those don't look bad enough to replace the panel IMO.
Any specific product recommendations or links?

Sponsored

OP
OP

Baltimore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, not enough to refuse delivery, but things like this sure do bug the shit out of you.

The interior plastic on this truck is very prone to scratching and marking. I use 303 protectant for the interior and black exterior parts.

Hopefully you noted it on delivery and they'll replace it
They noted it when I sent photos, but the dealership is over 900mi away. Wasn't going to have the truck sit there or drive it back to replace. If it has been really gouged or broken - different story.

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
@Baltimore Search Amazon for Novus Plastic Polish. They have a lot of different kits. I just had the two part one and it worked well. I successfully removed scratches from a lot of plastics with that kit.
Sponsored

Last edited: