Sponsored

Rust on the seat from metal underneath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Sport
Guess that makes me a dumbass. I feel more like a dumbass for buying a $60k truck with the expectation of quality.
I do get some of the anger. Mine has some of the small issues others have as well. Bed topper slightly lifted at end, non aligned tailgate, slight cowl bump. While annoying I never would have noticed them without looking. So far overall I love the truck.
Sponsored

tacorancher

First Name
k
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma TH
Guess that makes me a dumbass. I feel more like a dumbass for buying a $60k truck with the expectation of quality.
It’s not dumb. I’m similar in that when I spend a crap load of money on something my expectations are way higher. It’s normal. I think when we’ve had these trucks for a year or so we will have better perspective on whether it was worth it. For me, I really like the truck - but we’ll see how long it lasts and how it holds up.

tacorancher

First Name
k
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma TH
I do get some of the anger. Mine has some of the small issues others have as well. Bed topper slightly lifted at end, non aligned tailgate, slight cowl bump. While annoying I never would have noticed them without looking. So far overall I love the truck.
I have the same stuff - given we all have the same things it seems less bad to me - it’s manufacturing imperfections. My initial plan was to buy a 2027 when these would all be worked out but my 2022 pro was stolen so I had to pull the trigger now.

tacorancher

First Name
k
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma TH
I love the truck. I enjoy driving it. Honestly, nothing is really wrong other than the little issues everyone has. I just blew a gasket when I found that yesterday. Truck has <200 miles.
I bought a house once with a bunch of shit wrong. It drove me nuts but I really liked the house. Threatened to sell it a few times. Once I sorted out all the issues it was smooth sailing and I never looked back. Right now we’re hyper focused on imperfections. I did the same with the third gen.

fightforfood247

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma trd off road
I don’t know if anyone has any advice but I’m taking it to a dealer. Probably going to end up with a lawyer. I’m over the Tacoma bullshit.
Lesssssgooooo. I used to look at my truck in excitement. Those feelings have been long gone

Sponsored

tacorancher

First Name
k
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma TH
OP:

I’ve got some input for you. I think your metal components down there are insufficiently greased. I live in swamp-ass Houston which is similar to ‘Bama humidity. And I have zero rust including that piece that is near the seat cushion. Try to find some of that grease and just apply it as a thin film over everything exposed and wipe off the surface rust. Sucks this happened but not end of the world.
IMG_5391.jpeg
IMG_5390.jpeg

fightforfood247

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma trd off road
@tacorancher You have been the voice of reason. I’m trying to offload. $55k for the truck.
@tacorancher i have seen a number of this dude posts. And ya you can tell solid dudes from pos’s. The rancher is always reasonable and hears me out when I betch about my new taco and he kinda chills me out and I feel better after.

tacorancher

First Name
k
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma TH
@tacorancher i have seen a number of this dude posts. And ya you can tell solid dudes from pos’s. The rancher is always reasonable and hears me out when I betch about my new taco and he kinda chills me out and I feel better after.
Lol - I’m glad - I am OCD and so I think I just get it. Helps to zoom out a little. Us Tacoma guys are a passionate and crazy bunch. I was thinking about it the other day. There’s an irrational emotional aspect to Tacoma ownership .. it’s why the truck means something more than a vehicle to a lot of people .. for better or worse. When I test drove the Ranger Raptor, despite the power etc being better on paper, I felt nothing.

OP
OP
TrashPanda

TrashPanda

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OR Premium
Lol - I’m glad - I am OCD and so I think I just get it. Helps to zoom out a little. Us Tacoma guys are a passionate and crazy bunch. I was thinking about it the other day. There’s an irrational emotional aspect to Tacoma ownership .. it’s why the truck means something more than a vehicle to a lot of people .. for better or worse. When I test drove the Ranger Raptor, despite the power etc being better on paper, I felt nothing.
I actually have OCD too. I’m a perfectionist. Good to have a person on the forum like you to help with perspective!

bitflogger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Offroad Long Bed
I don’t know if anyone has any advice but I’m taking it to a dealer. Probably going to end up with a lawyer. I’m over the Tacoma bullshit.
For mentioning a lawyer, my advice is to not use them when it is inappropriate or when you want your best chance for a situation to have a positive outcome. Consumer and warranty law as well as lemon laws are very settled areas. Engaging with an attorney means be on guard if not fight. Approaching your dealer for a warranty claim with a friendly "How can I help you solve this?" is a partnering mindset that doesn't automatically mean someone could be defensive immediately. Approaching the person who would start a warranty claim as the nicest and easiest person they've dealt with for the day is your highest chance for getting a good result.

Sponsored
OP
OP
TrashPanda

TrashPanda

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OR Premium
For mentioning a lawyer, my advice is to not use them when it is inappropriate or when you want your best chance for a situation to have a positive outcome. Consumer and warranty law as well as lemon laws are very settled areas. Engaging with an attorney means be on guard if not fight. Approaching your dealer for a warranty claim with a friendly "How can I help you solve this?" is a partnering mindset that doesn't automatically mean someone could be defensive immediately. Approaching the person who would start a warranty claim as the nicest and easiest person they've dealt with for the day is your highest chance for getting a good result.
That was me blowing off steam. I work with the public so I try to be as friendly as possible. I’ll speak with a service department first and see how that goes.

bitflogger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Offroad Long Bed
That was me blowing off steam. I work with the public so I try to be as friendly as possible. I’ll speak with a service department first and see how that goes.
FWIW, I did not look under the seat of my Tacoma, but my wife's German car has had corrosion like in places you would not think, but it also did not get worse in time.
Sponsored