OP

Tom Sellick

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Pro
Occurs both engaged and disengaged. I watched a few YouTube videos on it last night and I think this might be normal. It has shocks for left/right movement and up/down movement but not front to back. The chief engineer said it did have a mechanism for the seat to move back a little but not forward. I think it has some type of spring that allows it to move back a little but hits a hard stop when springing forward. My drivers side and passenger side both do the same thing. If you sit in the seat and lean back into the seat kinda hard you can feel it give a little and when it springs forward it hits the bump stop and you can feel and hear a little clunk. I want to pull that back cover off and investigate but Iā€™m chicken. I tried loosening one of the bolts holding the cover on but it didnā€™t loosen easily so I chickened out. šŸ˜‚

I have adjusted the pressure in the drivers seat but not the passenger.
Same. Waiting for someone else to be brave enough to take it part. Only my drivers seat does it. To me it just doesn't feel right.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Tom Sellick

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Pro
Both seats do it. I think itā€™s normal. I think itā€™s just allowing a little movement backward but not forward. I was going to ask the dealer when I take it in for 5k service. The glass on the pressure gauges on mine is a little cloudy so they will need to address that as well.
My passenger seat definitely doesn't do it. So not sure...

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
Good description @NCEngineer and I understand the issue now. I just checked my truck and both seats do that to some extent. For whatever reason that isn't something that has happened for me when driving, so I hadn't noticed. It might change over time, since I have only driven a few hundred miles.

The two seats behave somewhat differently though. When I push back and release the passenger seat it make a distinct metallic noise, like two small metal tabs hitting each other. The driver's seat feels like it hits a stop when it moves forward, but it doesn't make any noise.

I suspect that this is normal and I'm not taking those seats apart unless it gets a lot worse. I will leave that one to someone braver than I am. lol
Sponsored