Sponsored

Skid Plate install on 2024 Tacoma SR5 4x4 double cab - where to bolt all bolts?

FloridaTaco

First Name
Liv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma SR5
I’m trying to install Toyota’s OEM Trd skid plate. This requires you to takeoff engine undercover one and two. I can only find one closer to the front. Which produces four bolts for me to use. When installing the skid plate, you need six bolts. Where is engine undercover two and is that where the remaining two bolts are? Can’t seem to find anything else to match engine undercover one. Directions from Toyota are attached.

Thank you
Sponsored

Attachments

Visa_Declined

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRD Off Road
The skid plate is designed for Toyota's off road line of trucks. Your truck is missing the front cross member that the skid plate bolts to. Victory 4x4 is releasing a cross member that can be purchased which bolts in place, but I'm not sure if it's available yet.

OP
OP

FloridaTaco

First Name
Liv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma SR5
The skid plate is designed for Toyota's off road line of trucks. Your truck is missing the front cross member that the skid plate bolts to. Victory 4x4 is releasing a cross member that can be purchased which bolts in place, but I'm not sure if it's available yet.
Ok. So what are my options? Can I attach it with only 4 bolts? Are they the back 4 bolts underneath the TRD logo and I wait for the cross bar to come in and mount to the front 2? Or just leave it bare until I get the cross bar.

Omega351

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma SR5
I have an SR5 4x4 also and even though it doesn’t have the cross brace it has 2 hard brackets that take the two forward most bolts. I haven’t put a new plate on it yet but I noticed this when I had it on a lift taking the valance and steps off.

Frankz54

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24' Tacoma TRD Sport
I’m trying to install Toyota’s OEM Trd skid plate. This requires you to takeoff engine undercover one and two. I can only find one closer to the front. Which produces four bolts for me to use. When installing the skid plate, you need six bolts. Where is engine undercover two and is that where the remaining two bolts are? Can’t seem to find anything else to match engine undercover one. Directions from Toyota are attached.

Thank you
Order this and problem solved: https://rcimetalworks.com/product/f...1WOGMyK2kjzchxYt28jJk6bFxWUIqnE-c-XdvUq4IUNk3
Sponsored