Sometimes Truck Beeps when Locking

tacorancher

First Name
k
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma TH
Oftentimes my truck will beep multiple times after I turn it off and nothing is in the back - when I try to lock it with the fob. Anyone experience this?
Sponsored

trailhunger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TH
did you open any back doors at the beginning of the trip? That’s usually it. Gotta open and close at the end of the trip

also the very rare chance you didn’t retrieve the key card fob from the owners manual sitting in the glove box. If there’s another fob in the cabin it’ll obviously beep like that.

OP
OP
tacorancher

tacorancher

First Name
k
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma TH
did you open any back doors at the beginning of the trip? That’s usually it. Gotta open and close at the end of the trip

also the very rare chance you didn’t retrieve the key card fob from the owners manual sitting in the glove box. If there’s another fob in the cabin it’ll obviously beep like that.

All fobs should be in my house. But I do drive my kids around and I have my bag for work.. but I always remove my kids and bag .. so not sure what you mean by opening and closing

trailhunger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TH
All fobs should be in my house. But I do drive my kids around and I have my bag for work.. but I always remove my kids and bag .. so not sure what you mean by opening and closing
When you get an alert to check the rear seats it technically means you open and close the back door to disable the alert & multi beep - at the end of your trip. When you open the back doors before a trip, the system will kick off that alert if you don’t open the rear door(s) when you get to your destination

Sponsored

trailhunger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TH
Hmm.. why is it forcing me to check the back seats lol
Because those back seats are designed for car seats, toddlers. Apparently people have forgotten about their child in a back seat on 100 degree days. Not sure if you can disable the feature.

it’s a nice touch if you put food in the back and forgot. I have a no food policy tho in this truck.

for now, it’s trained me to sweep the back every time. I’m okay with it for now

OP
OP
tacorancher

tacorancher

First Name
k
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma TH
Because those back seats are designed for car seats, toddlers. Apparently people have forgotten about their child in a back seat on 100 degree days. Not sure if you can disable the feature.

it’s a nice touch if you put food in the back and forgot. I have a no food policy tho in this truck.

for now, it’s trained me to sweep the back every time. I’m okay with it for now
I’m for sure a no food in my truck guy lol

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
I think this is annoying too and I plan to turn it off when I get some time. I can decide if i need to check the back seat on my own.

Sandytntn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma TRD Sport Premium 2024
Oftentimes my truck will beep multiple times after I turn it off and nothing is in the back - when I try to lock it with the fob. Anyone experience this?
Mine did it when left phone in truck. I figure it was because electronic key in the phone. Maybe not but once i retrieved phone the truck locked no problem.
Sponsored