Sponsored

Status change and when did your VIN number change?

Dillon15s

First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a OR premium that had the sway bar disconnect taken off and build date moved up to 1/25. So theoretically it should have been built this last Thursday. I have no updates from my dealer yet but just curious how long after your build day did your status change? And on top of that when did you’re bin change to a permanent one?
Sponsored

Manny991220

First Name
Emmanuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma 2018 SR5
Theirs something up forsure with The offroads mine was built on the 11th with Stabilizer supposedly but its on qc hold

Manny991220

First Name
Emmanuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma 2018 SR5
That I couldnt tell you but i was able to look it up on actual toyota website

Sponsored

Baltimore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gen1.5 Highlander v6 AWD, gen4 Taco Ltd Max
I had located by vehicle on the Toyota Inventory Search page, so I knew it's temporary VIN
I was able to track and refresh that page (I had saved the URL) after making a deposit and having the allocation assigned to me. So I actually caught before the dealership reached out when the factory force removed two PIO items in order to not delay the build. I could also see when the build/delivery window changed by a few days here or there.

• Located the vehicle: June 23rd (est. build window 08/05-09/08)
  • Negotiated the PIO/DIO mods: June 27th
  • Deposit to secure the allotment: Jun 28th
  • Noticed Factory forced PIO removals: Jul 7th
  • SmartPath Inventory webpage no longer functioned (temp VIN no longer valid): Jul 30th
  • Dealership confirmed build complete: Aug 5th (screen shot showed build finished Jul 29th and was inventoried "processed" on Jul 30th)
  • Rail Depart (to Loredo): Aug 1st (delivery window updated to 08/14-08/25)
  • Official VIN known and shared to me: Aug 5th (less than a week after build complete)
    • Fun note: I went back and modified the SmartPath URL I had saved to replace the temp VIN with the real VIN, and the page became operational again. Not that it gives me any more useful information other than " Vehicle may be in transit. Estimated availability 08/14/24 - 08/25/24" but it was still a satisfying confirmation to get
  • Truck went "MIA" twice over the journey. One was for a few days, the other for a week
  • Sept 4th UPDATE - arrived at the final rail yard just before the extended holiday weekend. Went "MIA" against on dates. Dealership is suspecting its just a backup at the rail yard getting everything unloaded and scheduled for delivery
  • Sept 6th = DELIVERED to Dealership
  • Now for a few Dealership edits on my request (tailgate letters to black, swap mirror caps to matching rather than chrome), then on a transport for just shy of 1000mi to get to me

TL;DR = 39 calendar days from BUILD to DEALER for my Limited Hybrid in Bronze Oxide with Softex Boulder interior

2024 Tacoma Status change and when did your VIN number change? 1723146821835-gf

2024 Tacoma Status change and when did your VIN number change? 1724163742039-c1

2024 Tacoma Status change and when did your VIN number change? 1724348853801-rs

2024 Tacoma Status change and when did your VIN number change? 1724776546486-08

2024 Tacoma Status change and when did your VIN number change? 1724776558080-yt

2024 Tacoma Status change and when did your VIN number change? 1725544014696-3u

2024 Tacoma Status change and when did your VIN number change? 1725893460250-23

Last edited:

hemlockz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 TRD Offroad 6MT
What URL do you get that tracking page from?

VermontTaco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TH Ice Cap (July build date)
That image of the rail depart/arrival tracking, is that from your dealer or is there another tool that you can plug your VIN into?

My build date was 7/30, VIN updated the next day, but haven't seen any status change since. Assuming it is hanging around waiting for shipment out.

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
@VermontTaco I'm in exactly the same situation. My build date was 7/27 and my truck is still listed as in build phase in the Toyota inventory. I was hoping to see some sign that it had at least left the plant.

The path from Guanajuato is not easy. They are trucked to Vera Cruz where they wait for a boat, and once on the boat it can take a month to hit the east coast. Then usually less than a week to your dealer. So even with a 7/27 build date mine might not get to me until October.

VermontTaco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TH Ice Cap (July build date)
Yeah @TacoFreak - that sounds about right. I was thinking late September if everything goes super smooth.

Sponsored

trailhunger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TH
...SmartPath Inventory webpage no longer functioned (temp VIN no longer valid): Jul 30th
This happened today, my allocation was removed from the SmartPath inventory page but my build week isn't until the 19-25th of August. Question begs if the dealer manually removed the listing or my truck entered production early...

Edit: did your window sticker list right after the webpage updated w/your official VIN?

Last edited:

Baltimore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gen1.5 Highlander v6 AWD, gen4 Taco Ltd Max
Answering for the few questions posed:

The tracking image is from the dealer portal. My sales rep says she checks any vehicle with a deposit daily and she sends me a new screenshot any time there's been a status change.

On the smart path page, no it didn't automatically update with the VIN. You either have to guess at the final 8 digits, or... If it stopped working under the temporary VIN, ping your sales rep and ask if they have been issued the real VIN (you could have built early). My sales rep provided it as soon as I asked directly about it. From other screen shots of the same portal elsewhere I believe the VIN is in the upper right of the tracking screen they have (cropped out in my image share)

For me... The vehicle stopped appearing in the inventory search screen a day or after I had put a deposit on it and customized it. But having a webpage with that direct vehicle still open, I had the exact URL and that continued to work until the real VIN was issued. Then once I edited the URL for the real VIN, the page continues to work.

Flyfish007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Sport
Mine has been sitting at the port since 7/18. Last boat to leave Veracruz was on 8/1 so it’s going to be another week or so before it gets back.

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
@Flyfish007 Thanks - that is good information to have. Maybe that means there is some chance of mine getting on a boat yet this month. That would make getting mine late September into early October doable.

I love my sales associate. She is friendly, honest, competent and a straight shooter. She knows more about the products she sells than most Toyota sales people do. She also doesn't plague me with updates and she will tell me when there is an important status change. I'm hoping she let me know when it leaves Mexico but I really like working with her and I don't push for updates.

I am just so looking forward to my Taco that I have a hard time waiting. It will be here when it arrives, no matter what I do.

I should just be happy to have gotten a Pro allocation at a dealer close to me that is honest, fair and does not try any ADM stuff. How did I luck into a dealership staffed with friendly, honest real people, who make you feel like visiting a friend with no need to put a chain on your wallet? :cool:
Sponsored