Sponsored

TurboTruck!

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma SR MT 4x4
This thread is a good learning experience for people looking to learn what a cold air intake system is on a turbo charged engine. Lots of good information being shared. Also there is doubts that a cold air intake is real or effective. Those doubts are being addressed by forum members with very good truthful accuracy.
Sponsored

MT-Taco

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra, 2022 Corolla Hybrid, 2022 RAV4 XSE
I think the biggest difference with this box is that it is wider at the top and eliminates 2 90 degree bends allowing for better flow into the box. It isn’t going to give you “colder air” but it looks like it will allow more air flow, the ECU will add more fuel to compensate and put out more power. Although tying this in with OTT could be really impressive!
2024 Tacoma STILLEN Air Intake Box & Dyno Results for 2024 Tacoma IMG_5644

robocalifornia

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX
The potential performance gains AND FUN on offer from a 2.4L turbo-charged engine is the exact reason I sold my 21’ WRX for a 24’ Tacoma. Just like Bub Rubb I like it when the whistle goes wooooooooo

Garrett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OR
I really interested to see the follow on video he mentioned with regards to running 91 octane fuel. Seems to allude that they have some data which would be really interesting to see and bring some clarity to some of the discussions that have been going around on regular vs premium fuel.

TurboTruck!

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma SR MT 4x4
There are forum members on a crusade against performance modification and usage of premium higher octane fuel. No doubt they will chime in with opinions against those topics. Apparently it is frowned upon to trick your Tacoma out and have fun going faster.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crossover
I buy CAI not for the performance it claims to give, but for the sound and growl it produces.

That said any turbocharged engine I ever had felt much more preppy in colder temperatures than in warmer temperatures, wether that has anything to do with the cold air it's intaking or not, is beyond my pay grade lol.

I was always under the impression CAI were genuinely less restrictive than OEM intake anyways.
Yeah same, I've owned two GTIs and they both felt faster in colder temps when the turbo kicked in.

Anyways I wonder how this mod relates to the Hybrid models, I haven't looked at whether the TRD Pro has the same design intake but I'd assume no. Also, for those saying this would void warranty, couldn't someone just throw on the stock intake before making the warranty claim? Or would they be checking historical ECU numbers on air/fuel ration and such? just wondering
Sponsored