Sponsored

Sure wish there was a "tactical" lighting mode

rchrds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Trailhunter
Because I really hate when I park somewhere dark (camping area late at night, telescope or night viewing area,) or I'm trying to be discreet (trespassing), and creeping along slowly with the lights off but as soon as you stop and turn the engine off and open the door- all the interior lights and screens come on full bright. Not a fan. If anyone knows of an aftermarket black box that can adjust these settings, I'd sure like to hear it.
Sponsored

Flyfish007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Sport
Yea that's annoying..there is a setting to turn off the 14" screen though

Jakedawgy

First Name
Rock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport Premium Underground
Because I really hate when I park somewhere dark (camping area late at night, telescope or night viewing area,) or I'm trying to be discreet (trespassing), and creeping along slowly with the lights off but as soon as you stop and turn the engine off and open the door- all the interior lights and screens come on full bright. Not a fan. If anyone knows of an aftermarket black box that can adjust these settings, I'd sure like to hear it.
Don't know about the screen but here's an option for your interior lighting. Meso Custom's lights have the option to switch to red.
https://mesocustoms.com/collections/4g-tacoma

trailhunger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TH
page 431 of the manual. your personal/ interior lights main switch (ceiling) is either on "DOOR" or "ON". Switch it to "OFF". Testing this tonight myself.

The 14" display does require you to turn the screen off by going into settings. Sometimes I do this at night, it doesn't sacrifice your camera views if you need them.

The instrument cluster can be dimmed but not turned off. This is the only buzzkill. Would be great to fully turn this off while in generator mode at night to conserve every bit of power.

CrispyTacoLover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma and 4Runner Off-road
Carista will do that I think. I have not tested it.

2024 Tacoma Sure wish there was a "tactical" lighting mode IMG_0816

Sponsored

trailhunger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TH
page 431 of the manual. your personal/ interior lights main switch (ceiling) is either on "DOOR" or "ON". Switch it to "OFF".
yep that works great 👆🏼No need to Carista the shit out of your truck. Just turn your main interior light switch to OFF. You can still turn on individual doom lights at will. Same for the bed scene/ door lights: turn that switch to OFF as well.

I personally love the bed scene lights to turn on with doors this time of year. So dark out AM/PM.

CrispyTacoLover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma and 4Runner Off-road
yep that works great 👆🏼No need to Carista the shit out of your truck. Just turn your main interior light switch to OFF. You can still turn on individual doom lights at will. Same for the bed scene/ door lights: turn that switch to OFF as well.

I personally love the bed scene lights to turn on with doors this time of year. So dark out AM/PM.
I wasn’t sure if the dome light switches would kill footwell lights and such.

Besides, if he’s truly in tactical/burglar/thief mode, he’s gonna want to Carista the shit out of the truck and kill all of the chimes and beeps.

trailhunger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TH
I wasn’t sure if the dome light switches would kill footwell lights and such.

Besides, if he’s truly in tactical/burglar/thief mode, he’s gonna want to Carista the shit out of the truck and kill all of the chimes and beeps.
yea fair enough. The footwell light(s) stay on. They're the lesser of the lumen tho - the instrument cluster is the brightest thing to contend with (altho in accessory or power off, I think* it only illuminates when doors open at that point). If Carista can nix that, I might even buy it for super-tuned generator mode camping
Sponsored