Sponsored

Tacoma Composite Bed is slippery. Bed mat / bed liner / spray in bed liner?

Thomasr1950

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Tacoma
Who has the lowest price on.a oem bed mat? 24 Tacoma 5ft?
Sponsored

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
Don't have any solutions for you but I do want to vouch and say it is very slippery, I have to tie down absolutely everything I put in back because the sound of it sliding around on the slightest turns and accelerations drives me insane.

MT-Taco

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra, 2022 Corolla Hybrid, 2022 RAV4 XSE
To be honest… Any painted pickup bed is pretty damn slick! I can remember my uncle buying rubber livestock pen mats and cutting them to fit.

Miqie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Sport-Bronze oxide
Who has the lowest price on.a oem bed mat? 24 Tacoma 5ft?
This link is the lowest price you will find, $110 including shipping, but the sale ends on May 30. Don't know if that goes all the way to 11:59pm on the 30th. Keep in mind that the mat will be on backorder, so it may be awhile till you get it, but you won't find a cheaper price for the genuine Toyota mat. (You won't see the $110 price until you put it in your cart.) Mat sale

Thomasr1950

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Tacoma
This link is the lowest price you will find, $110 including shipping, but the sale ends on May 30. Don't know if that goes all the way to 11:59pm on the 30th. Keep in mind that the mat will be on backorder, so it may be awhile till you get it, but you won't find a cheaper price for the genuine Toyota mat. (You won't see the $110 price until you put it in your cart.) Mat sale
Thanks, i was able to order one this morning. I hope it's in stock. They are worth the money.

Sponsored

Miqie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks, i was able to order one this morning. I hope it's in stock. They are worth the money.
One poster on another forum said that a dealer told him that the Toyota bed mat factory had a major fire, so no telling when these things will ship.

OP
OP

Goriders

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport Plus
That might have been me. Update I heard was they salvaged some of the equipment and they are trying to get up and running again.

No timeline. I’m going to buy aftermarket.

Miqie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That might have been me. Update I heard was they salvaged some of the equipment and they are trying to get up and running again.

No timeline. I’m going to buy aftermarket.
Please give a review of what you get. I still think the Toyota mat is the best quality and the heaviest. Read a report that someone's aftermarket mat would almost fly out of the bed at speed.

OP
OP

Goriders

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport Plus
Please give a review of what you get. I still think the Toyota mat is the best quality and the heaviest. Read a report that someone's aftermarket mat would almost fly out of the bed at speed.
I’ve got a tonneau. So just getting it for traction

rpigeek

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Off Road
What's the thickness of the OEM bed mat? With the OEM tonneau cover relocating the rails down, which moves the bed divider down I only have about 3/4" from the top of the ridge to the bottom of the bed divider.

Sponsored

Baltimore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gen1.5 Highlander v6 AWD, gen4 Taco Ltd Max
It is indeed slippery as a composite bed. Mine came with the spray in bed liner which does add traction to the bed. I also added the bed mat for protect the bed. The spray in bed liner, which I wanted, is a $575 option from Toyota which I am sure you can get done cheaper. I paid $135 for the bed mat which I ordered onlne and picked up locally from a Toyota dealer. If I could only have one, the bed mat would be my choice. I have had a mat in past Tacomas and every 6 months or so I would remove it and sray the bed and mat well and let them dry.

2024 Taco Bed mat.jpg
Toyota claims the OEM bed mat is incompatible with the factory spray-in liner. Did you have to trim or adapt anything to make it fit?

OP
OP

Goriders

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport Plus
Spray in bed liner may work as well. But I've heard that sometimes it does not adhere well to the composite.
I called a spray liner vendor and that’s what he said. I’m waiting for an OEM bed mat.

TRD _Rob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Camry TRD, 2024 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
Been very happy with the TripleALiners 6 ft bed mat. its TPE material and textured. No issues with stuff sliding around.

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
My first plastic bed Taco was a 2005. I loved everything about it except how slippery it is, so I got a bed mat and never had another problem.

The SMC beds are super durable and don't really need a spray in bedliner IMO, but without a bed mat they are almost unusable.
Sponsored