Sponsored

Tacoma VIN Allocation Tracking / Delivery Timeline / Quality Inspection (QC) Hold Status

PNWblue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Off Road
So I'm not on the tracker here, but I put a deposit on a OR with the 14" screen & heated seats but no other options. I was told the production date initially for mid Feb but now it's 2/26 with an expected dealer delivery by the end of March. I might be in the minority here, but waiting won't be a bad thing as I hope interest rates fall :cautious:
Sponsored

Sner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RX350, 1999 Miata, 2011 Accord, 2024 Tacoma
Starting to wonder if the QC holds are a part of the process. Toyota ships “X” # of trucks, delivers them and then waits. Maybe they want to see how the production units are working to make sure no serious issues before they release the whole production inventory. Or they release in blocks of production runs, release a certain amount of units from a series of production dates, to see how they work. It is a new model year, and a retooled factory producing the trucks, so until the engineers are sure that the production line is “working” correctly they’ll continue to release slowly. It’s easier to fix any issues before they are sent to dealers, maintains Toyotas reputation. Just some thoughts going through my mind.

CATOY

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off Road Premium and 2007 Sequioa LTD
Starting to wonder if the QC holds are a part of the process. Toyota ships “X” # of trucks, delivers them and then waits. Maybe they want to see how the production units are working to make sure no serious issues before they release the whole production inventory. Or they release in blocks of production runs, release a certain amount of units from a series of production dates, to see how they work. It is a new model year, and a retooled factory producing the trucks, so until the engineers are sure that the production line is “working” correctly they’ll continue to release slowly. It’s easier to fix any issues before they are sent to dealers, maintains Toyotas reputation. Just some thoughts going through my mind.
This is a drastic change for the Tacoma as I’m sure it probably was for the Tundra and look at the issues people were reporting about it. New frame, engine and major tech. I know that the engine and transmission have been used in other models, I’m guessing not in this configuration or a rear wheel drive platform. I have been toying with creating a thread where I manage a spread sheet similar to the allocation sheet where we log our miles, MPG, trim levels and any issues that arise I’m at 600 gentle miles and no issues to report. Wipe Toyota is just being overly cautious with this release.

lb272

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 OR MT
There is a thread on the TW forum with someone reporting that they received a skinny spare that does not match the door sticker's spare rating. That is an indisputable error that I would certainly complain about. Those who have already taken delivery may want to double check.

Then there is the lack of a bed outlet (noted as a standard feature on Toyota's website) in the poverty spec TRDs. And a couple of folks getting CELs from the active grill shutters. The QC holds may be more than just SOP or an overabundance of caution with a new release.

Dillon15s

First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Interesting perspective. I know Toyota tends to be very over cautious about things like this. Last thing they want is a giant recall. I do remember when I worked there they had the wrong information sticker in a door jam for a run of vehicles like mentioned. I can’t remember if it was a stop sale but I do know they stopped shipping units until the issue was fixed at port. Assuming if they make it to the dealer and have to fix them this counts as a repair and may go against their reliability score.

Sponsored

Sner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RX350, 1999 Miata, 2011 Accord, 2024 Tacoma
Interesting perspective. I know Toyota tends to be very over cautious about things like this. Last thing they want is a giant recall. I do remember when I worked there they had the wrong information sticker in a door jam for a run of vehicles like mentioned. I can’t remember if it was a stop sale but I do know they stopped shipping units until the issue was fixed at port. Assuming if they make it to the dealer and have to fix them this counts as a repair and may go against their reliability score.
I'm sure that has someting to do with it. Filter a few units into hands of customers at a time from different production dates, see how they are working and gradually ramp up from there once they know that production and the trucks are working as intended. They may do this several times over several production dates before they have confidence in the production line and workers. That translates to customers as wait time and QC holds of batches of the trucks.

JBSwine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Kia Sorento
There is a thread on the TW forum with someone reporting that they received a skinny spare that does not match the door sticker's spare rating. That is an indisputable error that I would certainly complain about. Those who have already taken delivery may want to double check.

Then there is the lack of a bed outlet (noted as a standard feature on Toyota's website) in the poverty spec TRDs. And a couple of folks getting CELs from the active grill shutters. The QC holds may be more than just SOP or an overabundance of caution with a new release.

I found that thread. That guy needs to post a picture of his sticker to see what the spare is listed at. I would be shocked if toyota wouldn't help him if the spare was different than listed on his sticker.

RGk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
trucks
Came across this post on FB. Unfortunately it seems even the Toyota dealership guys have no extra info than any of us, but at least the FI "freight status, hold for inspection" makes more sense now. Surely someone must know what the hold up is.

2024 Tacoma Tacoma VIN Allocation Tracking / Delivery Timeline / Quality Inspection (QC) Hold Status Screenshot 2024-02-26 at 2.17.35 PM

Sponsored

RGk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
trucks
Better a hold than a mass recall post delivery I guess. When you say you have never seen this many vehicles on quality inspection all at once. How many are we talking about here? Are you able to see all of them?

iResQ

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Limited
Well isn't this a kick in the nuts. And we wait.

SupaSupra

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Supra
I can see every Tacoma allocated in the country except for the Southeast and Gulf States Regions and 95% of the trucks that have been build but not delivered to the dealership is in this status. The other 5% are funny because I can't see any pattern as far as transmissions, build dates or even factory of origin. The manual transmission models are included.
Is this thousands of trucks? What number can you see that have been built but not delivered?
Sponsored