TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
Hey I want a 4th Gen...Did they lie about any thing in their review......🍿
Like @Gear_yyc said, not really outright lies, just taking some facts and blowing them up into a quality crisis.

Like saying that the old 5.7L V8 in the Tundra had legendary reliability. I had one and that is true. But now that there was this problem with the new V6, that magically turned into Toyota can't build reliable engines any more. That is just not true. Plus there were issues with the early versions of the 5.7 - google air injection pumps.

The king of that crap is the CCN. He dissed the Pro because it had a TRD air filter - something that thousands of Taco owners have added to their trucks. He whined about the ARB rear bumper. He complained about the power tailgate, the finish on pre-production body parts and about the fact that the muffler didn't have a TRD badge. But inside it was too many TRD badges that pissed him off. The funniest one was saying that he hated that the sticker on the rear diff was upside down, and after every one he said "Really Toyota?" Like that all proved the trucks were crap.

These guys stay away from saying things that are clearly not true, they just weave a few facts into being the end of the world.
Sponsored

Ruissimo

First Name
Rui
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma Trailhunter
I watched every single 4G youtube video known to mankind before I picked up my Trailhunter.

I can count on one hand the number of videos I've watched since. Been too busy enjoying the hell out of my truck to care.

TFL is worried about nothing but views lately - and that, my friends, tells you all you need to know about how seriously to take anything they say. The same is true for all the other doomsdayers out there... I'd say poll everyone on here to see how happy they are with their MY24... except they're probably too busy truckin' to care.

bitflogger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Offroad Long Bed
Not lie, but some subjective complaints. They bring up rear leg room AGAIN, but if you sit in the direct competitors, there's no clear winner. Mid-size trucks all have limited rear leg room.
Actually, it was foot room that stood out to us. Some competitors let you better stick your feet under the front seat but I'm otherwise with you that the rear seats in mid-sized pickups are like a budget or commuter airline seat experience.

A long time shopping for similar and different vehicles made the gen 4 look really good or as good as any.

We clearly have some different interests or requirements here. In my case I'm off road a lot (trail builder, ski area crew) but not an off road hobbyist. My use also makes all the 5 and 5.5 ft beds useless or annoying. That gives me a choice of Nissan or Toyota. Toyota looks really good there.

Gfenza89

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 tacoma sr5
Like @Gear_yyc said, not really outright lies, just taking some facts and blowing them up into a quality crisis.

Like saying that the old 5.7L V8 in the Tundra had legendary reliability. I had one and that is true. But now that there was this problem with the new V6, that magically turned into Toyota can't build reliable engines any more. That is just not true. Plus there were issues with the early versions of the 5.7 - google air injection pumps.

The king of that crap is the CCN. He dissed the Pro because it had a TRD air filter - something that thousands of Taco owners have added to their trucks. He whined about the ARB rear bumper. He complained about the power tailgate, the finish on pre-production body parts and about the fact that the muffler didn't have a TRD badge. But inside it was too many TRD badges that pissed him off. The funniest one was saying that he hated that the sticker on the rear diff was upside down, and after every one he said "Really Toyota?" Like that all proved the trucks were crap.

These guys stay away from saying things that are clearly not true, they just weave a few facts into being the end of the world.
I appreciate the ccn knowledge on Toyotas but I have caught him in many many many contradictions throughout his time on YouTube

Sponsored

OP
OP
WKTJR1

WKTJR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma Limited iForce Max