Sponsored

Toyota is really dragging their feet on the 2025 Tacoma Info....

Gfenza89

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 tacoma sr5
Pretty sure I will. At least it will be a truck. It may not do the 350K I have on my Taco, but at this point, I'd still rather have a truck as to the 2 liter, 8 passenger, semi-grocery hauler available from Toyota.
Direct injection only…. No thanks
Sponsored

Airborne

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 4runner
Yeah. Not claiming I'm not dissappointed. I luv my Taco. No vehicle I've ever owned has been more reliable or useful. But, I don't want a tiny, overpressured engine on something I ACTUALLY use as a pickup. I (and 97% of pickup users) RARELY ever have more than one (me) in the truck. If you need to put 5 people in a vehicle, buy a car/SUV. Grow up gentlemen. If a 5 foot bed truck with 4-5 passenger capability is in your driveway, it's because you don't use a pickup truck, and ... you have a driveway... Your "truck" has never seen a dirt road and sure as he.. never seen a dirt road with more than 2 people in it. It's child-man marketing and the vehicles are useless.
Clearly you will never be pleased and should probably just stick with your 20 plus year truck , coming here bashing everything, or anyone that buys a new truck is pretty funny sounding

TACOMA4G24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLANK
Is anyone else frustrated that we still don’t have official info on the 2025 Tacoma? It’s already October 2024, and Toyota has been pretty consistent over the years, dropping pricing and updates for new Tacomas in August or July for the past 5 years before announcing the 4th gen.
  • 2023 Toyota Tacoma: Pricing and updates were revealed in August 2022.
  • 2022 Toyota Tacoma: Pricing and new model details were announced in August 2021.
  • 2021 Toyota Tacoma: The information was released in August 2020.
  • 2020 Toyota Tacoma: Announcements were made in August 2019.
  • 2019 Toyota Tacoma: Pricing and updates were unveiled in August 2018.
  • 2018 Toyota Tacoma: Information was announced in July 2017.
Toyota must really be struggling with the 4th gens......
Ford is doing the same with the 2025 Ford Bronco, they have revealed the order guide but not the pricing. Makes me wonder if car manufacturers are waiting for the election or something in the economy to pass or happen.

2003taco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Tacoma sr5
I’ve had 2 vehicles In my life, 1985 Toyota pickup with a 7 foot bed, and 2003, purchased in 2002, sr5 6 foot bed.

both 5 speed manual transmissions,

its about time for a new vehicle.

foe the toys I haul and the stuff I do around the home, I need a 6’ bed.

i could get away with a smaller bed, if there was a pass through into front like in the Toyota epu concept vehicle.

i get some people like the double cab as they need the four seats .

but I feel there are a lot of options for people who can use a short bed.

and if you go double cab and 6’ bed, I think a full size truck is an option.

but if you want the shorter length that will fit in your garage you are out of luck.

i think it is great that Toyota makes an extra cab and a 6’ bed.

I am not a fan of 6 speed transmissions with reverse on the top right. And not a fan of the ratio of 1st to second on the Tacoma. I’d prefer 7 speed.

but that won’t happen.

what I think could happen is the extra cab being extended into the sport and off road.

and or extend a couple of features down to the lower trims. 14“ center consoles and power seats come to mind.

I’m not sure why leaf springs are the only option on the extra cab, but in my simple world, it would be restricted to the sr trim.

And there is the simple fact that extra cab tacomas are just exceedingly rare to find.

on the face of it the Prerunner is the best fit, I’d really like heated seats, coil rear springs, and the fancy 14” center console

but even without that I can’t find one within 100 miles and I am in southern California but at least there are no some in California now.

I could go sr5 extra cab but those are even rarer.

A part of me is fantasizing that coil springs and wider trim snd production availibilty of the extra cab is coming in 2025, and that is why it was so constrained in 2024.

sorry this rant was so long, just had to get that off my chest.

Sponsored

JustAnotherDingus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo Wagon (for now!)
Ford is doing the same with the 2025 Ford Bronco, they have revealed the order guide but not the pricing. Makes me wonder if car manufacturers are waiting for the election or something in the economy to pass or happen.
You might be onto something here. The election is definitely going to be dominating the news cycle for at least the next couple weeks — with spillover after as well. Maybe they don’t want their press releases to get lost in the sauce.

I doubt they’re waiting for the next round of interest rate cuts that’s prob going to happen at some point. Whatever info these companies have they’re deff going to release it sometime this quarter. My armchair guess is the week before thanksgiving but we shall see!

JustAnotherDingus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo Wagon (for now!)
As long as we are dreaming...

What about an XtraCab TRD Pro? Now that would be a mountain goat, even with a 6' bed.
That would be amazing. I finally saw an xtra cab in the wild yesterday and they look so good. It’s a shame they haven’t built more/offered it in more trim configurations. To me the most useful configs are dclb or extra cab 6’ but that’s deff not what the market/sales numbers dictate. Ah well.
Sponsored