Sponsored

Trailhunter QC Holds — multiple regions

TalkingTaco444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma Trailhunter
I wonder if anyone who has received one has had any issues with theirs? I haven't heard of any issues with the hybrids yet.
That one guy bought his and went dark. The other is reselling lol. That’s all I’ve seen so far
Sponsored

TalkingTaco444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma Trailhunter
If anyone is curious what zip codes cover the whole US (since Toyota only allows 500 mile ranges) see below from ole GPT
  1. 10001 (New York, NY) - Northeast region
  2. 30301 (Atlanta, GA) - Southeast region
  3. 60601 (Chicago, IL) - Midwest region
  4. 75201 (Dallas, TX) - South Central region
  5. 94101 (San Francisco, CA) - West Coast region
  6. 98101 (Seattle, WA) - Northwest region
Let's ensure these zip codes cover the entire United States effectively:

• 10001 (New York, NY): Covers Northeastern states, including parts of New England, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, etc.
  • 30301 (Atlanta, GA): Covers Southeastern states, including Georgia, Florida, Alabama, South Carolina, North Carolina, etc.
  • 60601 (Chicago, IL): Covers Midwestern states, including Illinois, Wisconsin, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, etc.
  • 75201 (Dallas, TX): Covers South Central states, including Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana, Arkansas, etc.
  • 94101 (San Francisco, CA): Covers Western states, including California, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, etc.
  • 98101 (Seattle, WA): Covers Northwestern states, including Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, etc.

OP
OP
2ndGen2TrlHntr

2ndGen2TrlHntr

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Trailhunter Bronze Oxide; 2018 Audi S5 tuned
So I hadn't looked at mine since I posted about the QC Hold and it shows "Vehicle is in build phase" as well instead of the original date of estimated availability of 07/03 - 07/18. So I would venture to say if you're looking online and it shows this you can pretty much count on it being on QC hold. I think @univurshul posted about this as well but looking at a handful of TH allocations on Toyota's site this is what I believe is happening.

3 Scenarios

1. Truck still in build phase: Some still show an "estimated availability" date. I would assume these will go on QC hold as well as soon as they hit the port or prior until that issue is resolved.

2. Truck is in transit with delivery dates that have a range extending beyond the first week or so of July are on QC hold. Now instead of an "estimated availability" date it shows contact your dealer to confirm availability date. My original date was 07/03 - 07/18 and is not on QC hold.

3. Those in transit with late June - early July delivery dates and not on hold likely because they've made it past the port and will in fact make it. Ex: I saw some that were 07/02 - 07/08 that still show this, likely because they've made it beyond the port and are in the states.

That is not the case for Pro's or other hybrids, so it appears to only be TH's.

I looked at all of the zips that @TalkingTaco444 posted and confirmed it's the same all over.

Last edited:

MT-Taco

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra, 2022 Corolla Hybrid, 2022 RAV4 XSE
He’s got 1 bronze oxide MSRP 65k + 1k broker fee.

Biggs1975

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Toyota Tacoma
That one guy bought his and went dark. The other is reselling lol. That’s all I’ve seen so far
It makes you wonder if Toyota only sent out a handful of them to see what people think of the truck. My dealership didn't say anything to me about this until I questioned it. I know the one guy was super excited and answering everyone's questions, then like you were saying, he's gone silent. 🤔. Well, I guess we will continue to wait.

It's just amazing how much things have changed from when I bought my truck in 2005 to now. I know the excuse is always covid, world events, politics, etc. I just remember going to get my 2005 Tacoma. At the time, I was going to get a Tundra and my Tacoma was the only one on the lot because it was a newly redesigned model for that year. I remember people saying not to buy it because of that. It has been the best vehicle I have ever owned minus paint issues which seem to be common with the blue ones - no regrets otherwise. Oh well, I guess the wait continues, like I was saying. Thankfully, the older Tacoma is still a great truck other than the paint.

Sponsored

VermontTaco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TH Ice Cap (July build date)
What are you using to get these status'?

I am a late July build date, and haven't had it pushed back (yet...)

OP
OP
2ndGen2TrlHntr

2ndGen2TrlHntr

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Trailhunter Bronze Oxide; 2018 Audi S5 tuned
What are you using to get these status'?

I am a late July build date, and haven't had it pushed back (yet...)
We're just finding it through the inventory search on the Toyota site.

If you find yours there it will show the latest. Depending on your relationship with the dealer you could hit them up too to see if they have heard/seen any updates.

The thread I posted yesterday was my hypothesis of what's happening. If yours has not been built yet it may or may not still show a build date. Regardless of if it does we'll have to wait and see if the QC hold is lifted by that point. There's a lot of unknowns at this point unfortunately.

VermontTaco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TH Ice Cap (July build date)
We're just finding it through the inventory search on the Toyota site.

If you find yours there it will show the latest. Depending on your relationship with the dealer you could hit them up too to see if they have heard/seen any updates.

The thread I posted yesterday was my hypothesis of what's happening. If yours has not been built yet it may or may not still show a build date. Regardless of if it does we'll have to wait and see if the QC hold is lifted by that point. There's a lot of unknowns at this point unfortunately.
Thanks. I've been hitting up the inventory search and to your point, not seeing a build date yet. Build date still based on temp VIN and what the dealer has been sharing. No change yet.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Toyota Tacoma Sport Prem
Got a call today from a local dealer that just got a TH that's mine for the taking. I'm on the list for a pro though, so had to refuse....wasn't easy.

Sponsored

Ruissimo

First Name
Rui
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Genesis G70
Got a call today from a local dealer that just got a TH that's mine for the taking. I'm on the list for a pro though, so had to refuse....wasn't easy.
Gotta share details, my guy! Lots of folks on here looking For a TH.

Good luck with your truck though!

Did they give you any info on the QC hold?

Willm8

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Takoma Trailhunter, Black 6ft bed.
I put a deposit down on a TH 6ft bed in Black color on June 28th in Maryland. It was in Toyota Inventory as being in build phase. Yesterday Friday the 6th of July, I texted my dealer for status, and he told me it was on QC hold, estimated it would be in that status for 2 more weeks. When I reserved it, he said it had been built but not shipped, it has a full VIN number with last six all numbers. So I'm assuming it is at Guanajuato Assembly Plant and after QC is lifted will make the 8 hour drive to port of Veracruz by truck shipment. On another post I saw someone show example dates, looks like it took about a month to make the trip by ship up the east coast, and could take a month to get loaded on the ship and off the ship in the US. So I am going to assume for now I won't see that TH for 2 more months.

Taco Azul

First Name
MP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Trailhunter LB, Tesla Model X, Polestar 2, Toyota GR86
I put a deposit down on a TH 6ft bed in Black color on June 28th in Maryland. It was in Toyota Inventory as being in build phase. Yesterday Friday the 6th of July, I texted my dealer for status, and he told me it was on QC hold, estimated it would be in that status for 2 more weeks. When I reserved it, he said it had been built but not shipped, it has a full VIN number with last six all numbers. So I'm assuming it is at Guanajuato Assembly Plant and after QC is lifted will make the 8 hour drive to port of Veracruz by truck shipment. On another post I saw someone show example dates, looks like it took about a month to make the trip by ship up the east coast, and could take a month to get loaded on the ship and off the ship in the US. So I am going to assume for now I won't see that TH for 2 more months.
It’s hard to know. Mine was built on 5/31. Toyota’s website and the dealer were both telling me to be ready for delivery about 7/1. So it was only going to be about 1 month from build to delivery. But then the QC hold screwed it all up.

Willm8

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Takoma Trailhunter, Black 6ft bed.
I also looked on the toyota VIN lookup at
https://www.toyota.com/owners/vehicle-specification/

I put my current toyota highlander hybrid vin in there and it said 10/2008 for order date, and date of first use showed as 2008-12-26, so that implies in 2008 it took 2-3 months. The vin starts with J, that might mean Japan manufacture? The TH vins all seem to start with 3 which I have heard means mexico assembly. When I put in my reserved TH vin it has order date 5/2024. date of first use December 31, 1 on the downloaded PDF and 0001-01-01 on the website. Does it take one-two month from order date to being built? I am no expert. Fun to speculate though. I also discovered that if you look on toyota inventory, TH that are marked as in transit seem also have a link where you can view the window sticker. If it is in build phase, you won't have that link. Another clue.
I looked up this vin 3TYLC5LN1RT002072, which is a TRD sport on toyota inventory showing Vehicle may be in transit. Estimated availability 07/08/24 - 07/10/24. The order date on that one is also 5/2024, so yes these TH QC holds are causing delays
Sponsored