Sponsored

OHTacoCamper

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma TRD Off Road
How did you address the height difference between the decked system and the tailgate? Like how did you make it all one height so that you have more room to sleep? That's my number one issue right now. Also, how was the head space while sleeping, did you feel claustrophobic at all? Sweet setup!
I will address the height difference between the decked and tailgate by putting two half-sized Sidio crates at the end to support my feet and two more for my wife. The height of two half-sized crates is approximately equal to the decked.

Headspace was not bad. I'm 5'9", and my wife is 5'6"; we both can't sit up perfectly straight, but there's plenty of room to maneuver under the cap without banging your head. We slept with the windows closed, had a USB fan to circulate air, and did not feel claustrophobic at all. My wife said she really liked sleeping in the bed, and if I have her approval, I know it's a winner.

I just bought a double sleeping pad from REI during their sale, so I'll take some pictures of the fitment when it arrives.
Sponsored

tacorancher

First Name
k
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma TH
This will totally work if I want to keep the bull bar. How deep is the decked shelving? And did the 200lb cause any rear sag?

SilverSurfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
I will address the height difference between the decked and tailgate by putting two half-sized Sidio crates at the end to support my feet and two more for my wife. The height of two half-sized crates is approximately equal to the decked.

Headspace was not bad. I'm 5'9", and my wife is 5'6"; we both can't sit up perfectly straight, but there's plenty of room to maneuver under the cap without banging your head. We slept with the windows closed, had a USB fan to circulate air, and did not feel claustrophobic at all. My wife said she really liked sleeping in the bed, and if I have her approval, I know it's a winner.

I just bought a double sleeping pad from REI during their sale, so I'll take some pictures of the fitment when it arrives.
Pm me what you want for the rims and bar.

OP
OP

parker17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 TRD OFF-Road

Looks like the Sidio boxes will be 1” over the decked height when stacked, but I’m still going to order 4, good call. 1” is not a big deal.

OP
OP

parker17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 TRD OFF-Road
This will totally work if I want to keep the bull bar. How deep is the decked shelving? And did the 200lb cause any rear sag?
The truck is definitely now lower in the back, but I think that was more from the cap than the decked system.

The decked is 12” tall.

Sponsored

OP
OP

parker17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 TRD OFF-Road
IMG_1600.jpeg
IMG_1602.jpeg
IMG_1601.jpeg
IMG_1599.jpeg
IMG_1598.jpeg
IMG_1597.jpeg
The access for the air compressor looks very tight. Did you order the Decked YT9? I’m concerned as I’m hoping to have my TH in about 6 weeks and the Decked was going to be one of the first thing I was going to add. Can you post a few closeups of the power and compressor side access as well as the open space between the drawer and the tailgate. Beautiful build by the way.
Here’s a couple photos, hope this helps. The power is blocked unless you take the bin cover off.

tnjwinters

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Tacoma TRD Pro
Interesting!!! Great pics. Thank you. Too bad Decked didn’t come up with a better solution for both sides but it does seem workable.

SAR Taco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Trailhunter
@parker17 could you please post a pic from the rear with the cap and tailgate open?

Sponsored

tnjwinters

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Tacoma TRD Pro
Interesting!!! Great pics. Thank you. Too bad Decked didn’t come up with a better solution for both sides but it does seem workable.
What is the bed depth from the top of the bed rail to the top of the Decked?

clinegt

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Trailhunter
Thanks for posting your build! It answers a few questions I’ve been researching. I’m waiting on my TH any day now with the full ARB bed rack, probably over priced… but I like the look and wanted to contain cargo in the back. The decked system is already here and I have been concerned about how the compressor will line up. This helps picture… my upcoming problem. Tiny problem for otherwise great setup!
Sponsored