Transmission Failures Keep Coming

NoNo

First Name
MrNo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR
Point is you'd NEVER get an answer from Toyota as to what the failure rate is compared to amount of units sold.
I'll give you the answer .1%. Amazing how much people worry about nothing. Loving every second driving my truck, and have no concerns out the insignificant number of issues.
Sponsored

Sner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RX350, 1999 Miata, 2011 Accord, 2024 Tacoma
I'll give you the answer .1%. Amazing how much people worry about nothing. Loving every second driving my truck, and have no concerns out the insignificant number of issues.
You’re speaking my language❗ 150,000 trucks, and 100 bad transmissions - seems like a good average to me. go check a ford or GM forum on failure percentages..

Gfenza89

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 tacoma sr5
So you're basing the claim of vehicles outside the TSB range on the dates of the complaints? That's no proof at all that these VINS are outside the TSB range. In other words, there is no direct evidence of a failure outside the TSB range at this point.
There is because the hybrid models weren’t included on the tsb list

Kjc

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma OR
I'm sure the number is still low for actual failures.. But it does make me wonder how many people are having shifting issues... Mine seems to jump/jerk alot shifting from 1st to 2nd and 3rd gears but other times it can be really smooth... It's easy to get paranoid with a new truck and hearing about these issues... I'm pretty much driving it and hoping for the best.... I rented a car on vacation recently it was a 24 corolla and I could barley feel the thing shifting... I'm assuming trucks shift a little harder anyway right?

My last truck was like 15 years ago and it was a manual

Edit* 4k miles bought in April
3/24 build
TRD Off Road

MT-Taco

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra, 2022 Corolla Hybrid, 2022 RAV4 XSE
I'm sure the number is still low for actual failures.. But it does make me wonder how many people are having shifting issues... Mine seems to jump/jerk alot shifting from 1st to 2nd and 3rd gears but other times it can be really smooth... It's easy to get paranoid with a new truck and hearing about these issues... I'm pretty much driving it and hoping for the best.... I rented a car on vacation recently it was a 24 corolla and I could barley feel the thing shifting... I'm assuming trucks shift a little harder anyway right?

3/24 build
TRD Off Road
The Corolla has a CVT with a take off gear. So definitely not a comparison.

Reactions: Kjc

bitflogger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Offroad Long Bed
Gloom and doom, gloom and doom.
So 39 complaints, how many have been sold?
Complaints and much evidence that lots of people would not pass stats class.

For sure it is not good when someone has problems, it's not good that so many car makers have parts shortages so long after pandemic, but it otherwise seems better than all vehicles used to be and Toyota is standing behind customers.

3/24 build
TRD Off Road
That rental might have been a CVT. I've noticed it smoother when the transmission temperature climbs. Even if loaded moderate driving when it is cold helps.

With knowing some dual clutch transmissions and other 8-10 speed automatics it to me seems as expected.
Sponsored

Reactions: Kjc