TRD Pro delivery keeps getting delayed

TerraComa

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S5
Last January I found a small MSRP dealership in Northern Oregon that allowed me to place a deposit on a TRD Pro. At the time I was only second on the order list, according to the salesman, with just his friend in line ahead of me.

Back at the end of May my Terra Pro was built and the shipping process began. At the time the Toyota inventory site listed an ETA of 6/22-7/09, which is about what I expected.

The delivery ETA drew closer and around mid June and the time changed to 7/01-7/21 so I contacted my sales guy to see if he had anymore info. He said his tracker showed delivery 6/30-7/01. During that wait time I kept checking the Toyota inventory and it changed frequently - one day it’s 6/29-7/02, the next it’s 7/04-7/06.

I again reached out to my salesman last Monday to find out if he had any new info on delivery. He said it arrived off the rail on 6/27, slated to arrive at the dealership between that Monday and Wednesday. This time frame came and went and each day the inventory site kept pushing back the arrival time.

Getting fed up, I reached out to the sales guy once again yesterday was told it’s on the truck for arrival between 7/05-7/07, with a screenshot of the tracker. At the time the inventory site showed an ETA of 7/08-7/10. This morning it now shows 7/10-7/12.

I know it’s not the salesperson’s fault, but the delivery of this truck has been the most nontransparent process I’ve ever been involved with. Is Toyota really this disorganized or perhaps it’s just the dealer is smaller and isn’t prioritized for inventory? People are receiving their trucks all across the country but I continue to wait, even though it was one of the first off the line with no PIO.

Does anyone have any insight into the delivery process and what is your experience with Toyota’s delivery process so far?
Sponsored

Tsturbo

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 Tacoma Limited
Similar situation here but on a Limited iForceMAX. Mine was built 6/4 and trucked to Mexico’s Lazero Cardenas port on the west coast two days later. Because we got hybrids, they only build them in central Mexico and not at the Baja factory. Mine is also going to a small central, OR dealer. Last I heard from dealer on 6/28 is that vehicle is still in Mexico at the port and they would not get any further information until it ships. As info, for OR deliveries, Toyota ships to a port in Benicia, CA just outside of San Francisco and then by rail to Portland, OR and then gets trucked to the dealer. As far as I can tell, my truck is now over 30 days sitting at the port in Mexico.

OP
OP

TerraComa

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S5
Thanks everyone for your input, I appreciate the insight into what others are dealing with. It’s crazy that these trucks aren’t really on a first come, first serve basis. It’s been tempting to jump ship and go with a Ranger Raptor, but I’ve had my sights set on this truck since the first Hawaii reveal and now it’s so close.

For anyone still waiting, I did notice a walk-around video posted at Larson Toyota in Fife WA of a Terra Pro that someone backed out on. As of yesterday afternoon I believe it was still available. If you’re wondering why I didn’t try to snag it myself is because the dealer add-ons / mark-up.

At any rate, hopefully we can all eventually start to enjoy these machines soon - the wait is painful but hopefully worth it in the end.

Sponsored

Taco Azul

First Name
MP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Trailhunter LB, Tesla Model X, Polestar 2, Toyota GR86
Thanks everyone for your input, I appreciate the insight into what others are dealing with. It’s crazy that these trucks aren’t really on a first come, first serve basis. It’s been tempting to jump ship and go with a Ranger Raptor, but I’ve had my sights set on this truck since the first Hawaii reveal and now it’s so close.

For anyone still waiting, I did notice a walk-around video posted at Larson Toyota in Fife WA of a Terra Pro that someone backed out on. As of yesterday afternoon I believe it was still available. If you’re wondering why I didn’t try to snag it myself is because the dealer add-ons / mark-up.

At any rate, hopefully we can all eventually start to enjoy these machines soon - the wait is painful but hopefully worth it in the end.
It has about $10k in add ons and ADM. Bummer.

WKTJR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma iForce Max
Similar situation here but on a Limited iForceMAX. Mine was built 6/4 and trucked to Mexico’s Lazero Cardenas port on the west coast two days later. Because we got hybrids, they only build them in central Mexico and not at the Baja factory. Mine is also going to a small central, OR dealer. Last I heard from dealer on 6/28 is that vehicle is still in Mexico at the port and they would not get any further information until it ships. As info, for OR deliveries, Toyota ships to a port in Benicia, CA just outside of San Francisco and then by rail to Portland, OR and then gets trucked to the dealer. As far as I can tell, my truck is now over 30 days sitting at the port in Mexico.
My non-hybrid Limited has been sitting in a yard since approximately mid-June. There have been no updates as of yesterday. To satisfy my own curiosity, I find the trucks that have estimated arrival dates; then I look at the sticker (if one is available). All the stickers have a date printed across the whole document. I have found that the time between the sticker date and the estimated arrival varies from approximately four to seven weeks. Rudimentary as hell, but hey it's something.

WKTJR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma iForce Max
That seems to be the case.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Toyota Tacoma Sport Prem
"Sticker Date" looks like it corresponds to the vehicle being labled "in transit"? Mine is in an interesting place: issued a permanent VIN (supposedly built on 07/03), but the stock number still reflects the old "build" characters. I'm guessing as soon as it hits "transport" it'll have a sticker available also.

fostuhh

First Name
Foster
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 TRD Pro Tacoma
Mine looks to be sitting at port waiting to get put on a boat and has been for 3 weeks now. Bit of a bummer.

2024 Tacoma TRD Pro delivery keeps getting delayed timeline

Sponsored
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine looks to be sitting at port waiting to get put on a boat and has been for 3 weeks now. Bit of a bummer.

timeline.jpg
Did yours get picked up? Looks like vessel Euphrates Highway is on its way to Long Beach with some Tacos. Otherwise there are several vehicle carrier vessels coming into port this week. Hoping mine gets picked up too.

fostuhh

First Name
Foster
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 TRD Pro Tacoma
Did yours get picked up? Looks like vessel Euphrates Highway is on its way to Long Beach with some Tacos. Otherwise there are several vehicle carrier vessels coming into port this week. Hoping mine gets picked up too.
Indeed it did, landed at port on the 19th! Should be picking it up on Thursday!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Great news! that gives me some hope. Mines been at port for 3 weeks..hopefully this is the week.
Sponsored