Gfenza89

Gfenza89

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 tacoma sr5
So I scanned my truck tonight and zero diagnostic codes are stored in the computer . My trucks drives fine other then some weird shifts here and there

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
So I scanned my truck tonight and zero diagnostic codes are stored in the computer . My trucks drives fine other then some weird shifts here and there
Too bad about the codes - this is the one time when you wish that there were some there.

I have only about 200 miles on my truck but it seems to shift perfectly and you can barely tell that the shifts have happened. How can you dealer explain how your truck has some weird shifts when some other Tacos shift smooth and clean every time? It can't be normal unless all the truck behave the same way, right?

OP
OP
Gfenza89

Gfenza89

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 tacoma sr5
Too bad about the codes - this is the one time when you wish that there were some there.

I have only about 200 miles on my truck but it seems to shift perfectly and you can barely tell that the shifts have happened. How can you dealer explain how your truck has some weird shifts when some other Tacos shift smooth and clean every time? It can't be normal unless all the truck behave the same way, right?
Yeah exactly but the weird shifts are not frequent enough for them to probably feel it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Gfenza89

Gfenza89

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 tacoma sr5

That’s the one thing about that tsb Toyota put out that pissed me off, they gave zero info on what issues customers might expierence in relation with the dtc codes that get stored in the computer.

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
That’s the one thing about that tsb Toyota put out that pissed me off, they gave zero info on what issues customers might expierence in relation with the dtc codes that get stored in the computer.
That is true. I get the feeling that a solenoid does not throw a code until it won't work at all, which is why the transmission stop shifting into some gears. But you have to wonder if your weird shifts aren't just a sign that they are damaged. Then you have to wonder if that is all that will happen or if they will get worse in time.

Good luck.

OP
OP
Gfenza89

Gfenza89

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 tacoma sr5
That is true. I get the feeling that a solenoid does not throw a code until it won't work at all, which is why the transmission stop shifting into some gears. But you have to wonder if your weird shifts aren't just a sign that they are damaged. Then you have to wonder if that is all that will happen or if they will get worse in time.

Good luck.
Yup and I’m hoping they come out with an updated bulletin on the matter to clear the air. The fact that pro models and trail hunter models have failed as well is concerning because they aren’t even listed on the tsb sheet.

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
Yup and I’m hoping they come out with an updated bulletin on the matter to clear the air. The fact that pro models and trail hunter models have failed as well is concerning because they aren’t even listed on the tsb sheet.
Yeah I wondered about the halos. My truck is not in any of the ranges but I don't know if the ones that failed are or aren't. It would be helpful to know that too.
Sponsored