Sponsored

Darrin Carter

First Name
Buckshot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Tundra
I wish you could compare the TUNDRA and the Tacoma side by side on their website to see if you are getting the same trucks (feature wise excluding Eng and trans) .
I built a Trundra like I felt the Tacoma that I ordered was and there was about a $20000 diff.

My last tuck was a Tundra which I have had for 17 years best vehicle I ever owned never gave me any trouble and still looks like new (handed it down to my son)

But at this point I no longer need a full size truck
Sponsored

WhiskyTruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pending TRD
Are you serious? I just went o the site and built a TRD OF Premium it’s just shy of $70K. What will the 2024 price be?? I would Love to get a PRO but that may be $90K. 🤯
Yah. I have my name on the list for a TRD Pro but I can't see going through with it as it will easily be well north of $80K. So, re-evaluating the entire mid-size market now.

bayman

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Miata GT and 2017 Honda CR-V
Hi everyone-I'm new to the forum but I thought i would post in this thread as I will be buying my first Taco here in Canada and I just visited a dealership (Vancouver Island) and have an update on the Canadian Taco timeline.

I had dropped a deposit for a hybrid over the phone and finally went in to meet the sales person and get a rough quote since I have heard horror stories of marking over the MSRP price.
I found out that they are getting 2 gas models in mid January. A customer bought SR and a test drivable sport model.
I was told there was no build options you can do in Canada. If I want a bed liner or step then they do that at the dealership so its not an issue. I am out of luck for the spray on bed liner as there is nobody in town that sprays the bed :(
The other thing I was shocked about is they don't know if the sport model will come as a hybrid in Canada. In the USA the sport can be a hybrid but if you go on toyota.ca the base hybrid is the offroad trim. You cannot get the offroad in a premium 6 foot box and I don't want anything short of a premium build as I want the 360 degree camera system as i will be learning to tow a trailer.
I was super excited that neither the documentation fee nor the MSRP price never went up so I left a happy camper. When I got home I looked closer at the print-out. $399 for sound proof, $299.95 for Tire & Rim warranty-what the heck? Anyone know what these new addons are all about? I was told to add about $10K for the hybrid.
There are a lot of ways the dealer makes money and it's now become a "built-in" add-on. My last two vehicles were Hondas and I've also been dinged with the tire/rim warranty, identification etching at the port and all weather mats which were fine, but may have gotten Weathertech otherwise. I think all dealers do the same and we have to take it.

Sponsored

bayman

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Miata GT and 2017 Honda CR-V
I wish you could compare the TUNDRA and the Tacoma side by side on their website to see if you are getting the same trucks (feature wise excluding Eng and trans) .
I built a Trundra like I felt the Tacoma that I ordered was and there was about a $20000 diff.

My last tuck was a Tundra which I have had for 17 years best vehicle I ever owned never gave me any trouble and still looks like new (handed it down to my son)

But at this point I no longer need a full size truck
I had babied my 2008 Tundra SR5 for years and had hoped to hang onto it for a few more years, but my son wrote it off in an accident and we bought a CR-V. Spent probably $2000 on it over the years and most for new Toyota brakes. Really miss the truck feel and hoping the Tacoma works for our us empty nesters now.

Darrin Carter

First Name
Buckshot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Tundra
I had babied my 2008 Tundra SR5 for years and had hoped to hang onto it for a few more years, but my son wrote it off in an accident and we bought a CR-V. Spent probably $2000 on it over the years and most for new Toyota brakes. Really miss the truck feel and hoping the Tacoma works for our us empty nesters now.
Yes I hope this one is as good as the Tundra
I will be pulling a travel trailer with mine hopefully it is capable but the trailer is under the towing limit

Paco877

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
This is what trd off road manual will cost me (including block heater + all taxes and fee )

IMG_0948.jpeg

IMG_0947.jpeg
Pretty lame how if you want a short bed with an automatic you have to spend $61k. Why can’t we get the non-premium OR, Sport or SR5 model in Canada?! Toyota is ridiculous with their vehicles up here.

I really wanted a Toyota, unfortunately the awful selection of trim levels we are given will push me into GM or a Ranger.

MJE

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Yeeowch. $62K. Not surprised, but this isn’t yet the limited (but must be close). Nor the hybrid. Limited hybrid must be $70K when it comes. I was hoping $65, but maybe more reasonable to think $70k.
2024 Tacoma Update: CANADA 2024 Tacoma Build & Price Configurator Now Live! IMG_5951

Sponsored

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
I agree with the majority, I'm comfortable paying 55k for mine, but 60-70k is just getting wild. If these are the prices for the gas models, the hybrids are going to be a massive flop. No way that TRD Pro is going to go for under 80k.

Gear_yyc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy Avalanche
I'm guessing $76-78k for the TH and Pro. I'm planning on getting the hybrid OR Premium which should be around $66k before taxes if the hybrid cost is similar to Tundra. What do the TH and Pro have to justify more than a $10k premium over that?

MisterFlabby

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
I agree with the majority, I'm comfortable paying 55k for mine, but 60-70k is just getting wild. If these are the prices for the gas models, the hybrids are going to be a massive flop. No way that TRD Pro is going to go for under 80k.
60-70k is the reason I’m looking at a Tundra SR5. Everything I want and more in that trim and it takes me to 70k. Why go midsize and pay up when I can go full size. I have a baby on the way, so I’m thinking for the future as well cause the next 5 years of my life are gonna be crazy to say the very least.

OP
OP
Sandeep1994

Sandeep1994

First Name
Sidhu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Pretty lame how if you want a short bed with an automatic you have to spend $61k. Why can’t we get the non-premium OR, Sport or SR5 model in Canada?! Toyota is ridiculous with their vehicles up here.

I really wanted a Toyota, unfortunately the awful selection of trim levels we are given will push me into GM or a Ranger.
yea totally agree . I also wanted automatic but had to pick manual bcz of price .
Sponsored