Sponsored

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
The base 6MT model is the TRD Off-Road if you look at the specs. Not sure why they don't call it that on there. But yeah, super limited colours.
If I had to guess they wanted to cut corners and merge the OR and Sport base into the one configuration? As I'm fairly certain you can get Sport or Sport+ in manual.
Sponsored

Gear_yyc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy Avalanche
If I had to guess they wanted to cut corners and merge the OR and Sport base into the one configuration? As I'm fairly certain you can get Sport or Sport+ in manual.
The only 6MT options are TRD OR (base) or TRD Sport+. If you look at the base 6MT model, it has bilsteins, Multi-Terrain, and locking rear diff.
Sport and Sport Premium are both 8AT.

Darrin Carter

First Name
Buckshot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Tundra
got a message from my sale girl yesterday that the demo that they were supposed to get this week is delayed until early February now. She did not say why though

TJB

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
So I can't get a sport Premium with a short bed?!?!? This is ridiculous.

Sponsored

Dansflhti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma Sport,16 Mustang GT Conv,14 HD SG.
got a message from my sale girl yesterday that the demo that they were supposed to get this week is delayed until early February now. She did not say why though
I got the same info from my sales guy yesterday.

Lando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
K1500 Silverado, Honda Accord, VW Gti
I like the Supersonic Red but only available on the Sport Premium on the Toyota Canada site. On a dealer site it’s available across all trims. I’m assuming the dealer site is wrong but l will have to go in and check at my dealer.

lxs123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24' TRD Offroad
Don't quote me on this, but when i spoke to my dealer in Vancouver he told me that they are getting a few 6MTs in white and blue in April, if i want offroad premium Underground and 8AT then i am looking at late August at the earliest. No digital rear view mirror, sway bar disconnect, or power tailgate on any models in Canada.

Tacosyeg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX460
Don't quote me on this, but when i spoke to my dealer in Vancouver he told me that they are getting a few 6MTs in white and blue in April, if i want offroad premium Underground and 8AT then i am looking at late August at the earliest. No digital rear view mirror, sway bar disconnect, or power tailgate on any models in Canada.
Salesmen aren't usually up to speed on what will be available. From what I've seen, most are quoting only what the gas models include and not considering the hybrid model.

WhiskyTruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pending TRD
Salesmen aren't usually up to speed on what will be available. From what I've seen, most are quoting only what the gas models include and not considering the hybrid model.
Perhaps I am just naive as this is (maybe) my first Toyota, but it shouldn't be this hard to understand what you can get and when you can get it.

Sponsored

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
No power tailgate to? lol Toyota's becoming an absolute joke to me. What am I paying for? The engine?

Tacosyeg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX460
Perhaps I am just naive as this is (maybe) my first Toyota, but it shouldn't be this hard to understand what you can get and when you can get it.
They split the gas and Hybrid into two different models more or less, so the specs for all hybrid models come later. Poor marketing in my opinion.

The power tailgate is still referenced on the Toyota Tacoma hybrid page so it will come to those models. I think the HUD was mentioned when the specs for the limited were there and the digital rearview mirror will also be on those models. Often, Toyota Canada offers less customization than our US counterparts and greater differentiation between trims to force you into a higher trim if you want a certain feature. The Limited will likely have all the bells and whistles as will the Pro and Trail hunter in Canada. Unfortunately, these models will be the least common as well.

Reactions: MJE

WhiskyTruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pending TRD
They split the gas and Hybrid into two different models more or less, so the specs for all hybrid models come later. Poor marketing in my opinion.

The power tailgate is still referenced on the Toyota Tacoma hybrid page so it will come to those models. I think the HUD was mentioned when the specs for the limited were there and the digital rearview mirror will also be on those models. Often, Toyota Canada offers less customization than our US counterparts and greater differentiation between trims to force you into a higher trim if you want a certain feature. The Limited will likely have all the bells and whistles as will the Pro and Trail hunter in Canada. Unfortunately, these models will be the least common as well.
Yes. I see the forcing function into higher trims. I just clued into the fact that the TRD OR will have to be a premium for me as I want a short box, and was hoping for the hybrid that will likely push the cost to about $75K (all in). Premium OR (non hybrid) all in is sitting at $70K. Tough to swallow to be honest.

Tacomaniac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Highlander Hybrid
Yes. I see the forcing function into higher trims. I just clued into the fact that the TRD OR will have to be a premium for me as I want a short box, and was hoping for the hybrid that will likely push the cost to about $75K (all in). Premium OR (non hybrid) all in is sitting at $70K. Tough to swallow to be honest.
Yes, I’m in the exact same boat. Or truck, for that matter

Domokaze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Toyota RAV4
This is the info I got from my sales rep regarding the Hybrid options.

I was also told that the colour options available in Canada is only Solar Octane, Ice Cap, Underground, and Black. Whereas in the US there's the additional Bronze Oxide, Celestial Silver Metallic, Supersonic Red, and Blue Crush Metallic.

2024 Tacoma Update: CANADA 2024 Tacoma Build & Price Configurator Now Live! 413289739_1523682421543325_6671668883330408602_n

2024 Tacoma Update: CANADA 2024 Tacoma Build & Price Configurator Now Live! 415727585_1544488916403051_7205393771883572369_n
Sponsored