Sponsored

Garemz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Acura MDX
Wondering who the brain child over at Toyota who's saying these high prices for a Tacoma will fly of the shelves!

I suspect with high interest rates and prices these trucks will have a huge supply and less demand forcing Toyota to incentivize deals to get rid of old 2024 to make way for 2025 inventory.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Dansflhti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma Sport,16 Mustang GT Conv,14 HD SG.
Yes the prices are high,but no higher than the GM twins. I had a fully dressed Colorado Z71 ordered and it was the same price,58K, as the Sport+ I have my name on now. The Colorado arrived last week and it was on the lot 2 days.

Reactions: MJE

Paco877

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Yes the prices are high,but no higher than the GM twins. I had a fully dressed Colorado Z71 ordered and it was the same price,58K, as the Sport+ I have my name on now. The Colorado arrived last week and it was on the lot 2 days.
You’re right. The prices aren’t out of line with the competition. But my main point was if you want a short bed with an automatic, you’re stuck paying for the top trim level available at the moment. Canyon/Colorado & Ranger which have short beds have lower trim level pricing available.

philipfreire

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Website
freire.ca
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota Rav4 XLE Premium 4WD
I’m extremely disappointed by the lack of customizing options here in Canada vs what Americans get. But I already expected this.

I’m also extremely disappointed with the price increase for mid size trucks across all brands not just Toyota.

But what I’m most disappointed is what I just found out today. My dealership scheduled allocation of only 16 units of the gas model and 2 of the hybrid.

The chances of getting what I requested (TRD Pro Black) is even more difficult now.

Why even build this crap if you can’t sell it Toyota? Clearly you’re not ready.

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
I’m extremely disappointed by the lack of customizing options here in Canada vs what Americans get. But I already expected this.

I’m also extremely disappointed with the price increase for mid size trucks across all brands not just Toyota.

But what I’m most disappointed is what I just found out today. My dealership scheduled allocation of only 16 units of the gas model and 2 of the hybrid.

The chances of getting what I requested (TRD Pro Black) is even more difficult now.

Why even build this crap if you can’t sell it Toyota? Clearly you’re not ready.
I want to say it's a little bit ridiculous, but it's a lot of bit ridiculous. Don't launch a new generation if you're not prepared to manufacture them in the numbers needed to maintain customer satisfaction.

The excuses during covid from the auto manufacturing industry was getting a little dragged out and pathetic but we're in 2024, the chip shortage started 4 years ago but somehow it's always something else that makes buying a new vehicle and very long strung out, and stressful event.

Sponsored

Garemz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Acura MDX
Is it just me, or we do not have the limited trim in Canada?

WhiskyTruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pending TRD
I want to say it's a little bit ridiculous, but it's a lot of bit ridiculous. Don't launch a new generation if you're not prepared to manufacture them in the numbers needed to maintain customer satisfaction.

The excuses during covid from the auto manufacturing industry was getting a little dragged out and pathetic but we're in 2024, the chip shortage started 4 years ago but somehow it's always something else that makes buying a new vehicle and very long strung out, and stressful event.
I have a general rule: If you make it hard for me to buy your product, I will look elsewhere. Pains me to say so...

MJE

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
60-70k is the reason I’m looking at a Tundra SR5. Everything I want and more in that trim and it takes me to 70k. Why go midsize and pay up when I can go full size. I have a baby on the way, so I’m thinking for the future as well cause the next 5 years of my life are gonna be crazy to say the very least.
You’ve kinda summed up the conundrum midsize trucks have faced from time immemorial. & perhaps at least part of the reason I’ve had a couple full size. The extra metal doesn’t cost that much more, why not size up. Particularly if you’re willing to give up a few options the cost might not even be much more.

Particularly for those shopping monthly payments. For just a few dollars more…. Toyota does have some pricing power with the Tacoma given it’s the franchise, but if you’re Ford/GM the midsize models really used to exist only to pull you on the lot & upsell the full-size. The fact that they actually have competitive options is kinda nice.

jcwls3

First Name
Jarrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Porsche 911 Carrera S
For me, “sizing up” is not and never will be an option. My wife and I dislike full-size trucks, large SUVs, oversized sedans, etc. That’s why we put down a deposit on a Tacoma.

Toyota could offer us a loaded Tundra for $50K and we’d decline. The heart wants what it wants. But I understand the idea here: For just a few grand more in some cases, you can buy a much larger truck. Value is indeed a thing.

I’ve used the same logic in upping a large pizza to an XL. In that case, the stomach outvoted the heart. 🙂

Sponsored

Ron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited Hybrid, Honda Pioneer 1000
"Limited" also means "limited" configuration options

Here is a complete list of all the options - although they may not all be available in Canda:

Mud Flaps

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
"Limited" also means "limited" configuration options

Here is a complete list of all the options - although they may not all be available in Canda:

Mud Flaps
For an additional $8000, right? /S

CrunchyTaco

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 4Runner
Yup, I knew it. No TRD Off-Road with a manual transmission in the Canadian configurator. Also no metallic brown paint. The press vehicle had the manual OR in the brown just to tease me, and here we go. Let’s not even start with the pricing of the manual Sport higher than the auto. I refuse to give my money to this company after waiting a whole year for this moment.

Gear_yyc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy Avalanche
Yup, I knew it. No TRD Off-Road with a manual transmission in the Canadian configurator. Also no metallic brown paint. The press vehicle had the manual OR in the brown just to tease me, and here we go. Let’s not even start with the pricing of the manual Sport higher than the auto. I refuse to give my money to this company after waiting a whole year for this moment.
The base 6MT model is the TRD Off-Road if you look at the specs. Not sure why they don't call it that on there. But yeah, super limited colours.
Sponsored