Sponsored

Msepa

First Name
Milos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 TRD Tacoma Off Road
Salesmen aren't usually up to speed on what will be available. From what I've seen, most are quoting only what the gas models include and not considering the hybrid model.
Well, listen to this. I just put a deposit on a TRD PRO, which they haven’t even started producing. I am third on the list and Salesman tells me that it may be a 2025 model.😢 Because he has no numbers for allocation and the price list hasn’t even come out for the hybrid he believes it will be a long wait. So I wait and drool over videos on YouTube. 😤 But on the bright side, gives me more time to $ave. I’m hoping to buy it outright. Not paying this crazy interest rate.
Sponsored

Cariboo Ryan

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GMC Sierra AT4
Well, listen to this. I just put a deposit on a TRD PRO, which they haven’t even started producing. I am third on the list and Salesman tells me that it may be a 2025 model.😢 Because he has no numbers for allocation and the price list hasn’t even come out for the hybrid he believes it will be a long wait. So I wait and drool over videos on YouTube. 😤 But on the bright side, gives me more time to $ave. I’m hoping to buy it outright. Not paying this crazy interest rate.
I hear ya. I had a deposit on a TRD Off Road 6 speed manual since April 2022. Toyota never built it, so in October the order got rolled over to a 2024 6 speed. Based on 18 months and no truck, I'm not expecting this one until summer 2025. 🤣

Tacosyeg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX460
Will be interesting to see how many pros vs Limited's they produce. Once production starts on the hybrids, the allocation sheet should give a good idea.

BMM123

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAV4 now - Sport Premium on order
So what's with the ** not available on the remote start for 6m?? Also due to supply shortages bullshit excuse again we get auto dimming mirrors instead of digital?? What a joke.

Also where the TRD Offroad 6m? I don't see that at all.

I appreciate the simplicity compared to the US but yikes, couple things here I'm not liking at all.
Can't get remote start on a manual, past generations were the same.

Digital mirrors will get dirty as do the back up camera so you would have to switch to the actual mirror a lot anyway

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
Can't get remote start on a manual, past generations were the same.

Digital mirrors will get dirty as do the back up camera so you would have to switch to the actual mirror a lot anyway
Great point, although I'd like to see it reflected in the MSRP a little more lol. Already loosing a great deal of tech due to the manual transmission and now loosing more and more, just feels like I'm buying an SR with a TRD sticker at this point lol.

Sponsored

WhiskyTruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pending TRD
Dealer just contacted me and said I could put an 'order' in for a hybrid (OR Premium, Limited, Pro, TH) but could not give prices nor any indication on timelines. Current situation doesn't give me much time to wait so I am going to see what options I have with the competition. Wasn't how I was expecting this to go but it 'is what it is'.

TJB

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
If you’re open to an SUV you might want to wait a couple months and check out the new Landcruiser.
Except lets be honest, the new Land cruiser will be minimum 70K in Canada. I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't get the base 1958 at all

OCCanuck

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Except lets be honest, the new Land cruiser will be minimum 70K in Canada. I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't get the base 1958 at all
Prices are expected to start in the mid US$50k. With the exchange rate, dealer fees, shipping, and mandatory packages, I would be surprised to get much change from CAN$90k.

Gear_yyc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy Avalanche
Prices are expected to start in the mid US$50k. With the exchange rate, dealer fees, shipping, and mandatory packages, I would be surprised to get much change from CAN$90k.
That would put it higher than the GX550 which is the same chassis, more luxury, and a 3.4TT.

TJB

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
That would put it higher than the GX550 which is the same chassis, more luxury, and a 3.4TT.
If you include tax, the cheapest GX comes to $98, 067. Yup the GX is now a 100k vehicle

Sponsored

Gear_yyc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy Avalanche
If you include tax, the cheapest GX comes to $98, 067. Yup the GX is now a 100k vehicle
Tax varies by province, so it makes sense to talk about the MSRP. GX550 Signature is $83500. I expect Land Cruiser will be around $73500. Probably about $2k higher than the Tacoma Limited.

Fastfreddy128

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021.5 CX5
My dealer called me Friday Jan 19 and said he was able to place the Order that day for my TRD Pro... no idea when it will show, but at least he was able to place the order. Had a deposit on it since March, 2023.

TJB

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Tax varies by province, so it makes sense to talk about the MSRP. GX550 Signature is $83500. I expect Land Cruiser will be around $73500. Probably about $2k higher than the Tacoma Limited.
$71,500 for the Limited - Is that just a guess, or based on actual info? Was really hoping it would be closer to 68- but I'm sure youre probably closer

Gear_yyc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy Avalanche
$71,500 for the Limited - Is that just a guess, or based on actual info? Was really hoping it would be closer to 68- but I'm sure youre probably closer
Just my guess. I'm expecting my hybrid OR to be about $68-69k so add a couple grand for the limited features.
Sponsored