Sponsored

Tacosyeg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX460
This is the info I got from my sales rep regarding the Hybrid options.

I was also told that the colour options available in Canada is only Solar Octane, Ice Cap, Underground, and Black. Whereas in the US there's the additional Bronze Oxide, Celestial Silver Metallic, Supersonic Red, and Blue Crush Metallic.

413289739_1523682421543325_6671668883330408602_n.jpg

415727585_1544488916403051_7205393771883572369_n.jpg
Any word on interior colour options? I know the state's got Boulder for the Limited.
Sponsored

Lando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
K1500 Silverado, Honda Accord, VW Gti
On the Canadian configurator just in the last few days it adds 1800+ to any of the upgrades from the SR5. Don’t know why, it’s not the freight, $100 a/c tax, or $990 dealer fee all that’s already in. It does not add up to the taxes.
What is it?

Lando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No power tailgate to? lol Toyota's becoming an absolute joke to me. What am I paying for? The engine?
No power tailgate, is this confirmed? I may be out, this truck is becoming a joke. They show us all these features then cut them out for Canada? Sway bar was one thing, then the mirror, now this.
When I’ve tried to buy a Toyota truck same story, advertise one thing then not in Canada. Was the same on the 2007 Tundra.

Meow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4 Avant
Don't quote me on this, but when i spoke to my dealer in Vancouver he told me that they are getting a few 6MTs in white and blue in April, if i want offroad premium Underground and 8AT then i am looking at late August at the earliest. No digital rear view mirror, sway bar disconnect, or power tailgate on any models in Canada.
I have a deposit down for an off-road premium, also in underground. Also disappointed to learn about the lack of power tailgate - it looks like it's only available on PRO and TH. Sway bar disconnect looks to be only on hybrid off road premium and above. Digital rear view mirror only on PRO and TH.
This info is from the hybrid ordering guide for Canada that was recently posted.

Was looking forward to those features that had been shown in the reviews....

Domokaze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Toyota RAV4
Any word on interior colour options? I know the state's got Boulder for the Limited.
Since I chose the Off-Road Premium option my sales rep is only giving me information on that one unfortunately. He said that the only option available is black leather, which I'm sure he meant the SofTex.

I also asked if the Hybrid variant is available for the Off-Road Sport, because my friend told me that supposedly it was available on that. My sales rep replied with:

The only packages available for Canada are what was on the photos, Limited, off road premiu, pro and trail hunter. The us always has more options.

I feel like my sales rep is starting to get tired of all the questions I'm asking. I also feel that he doesn't really know what's available and what's not 🙃

Sponsored

Cariboo Ryan

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GMC Sierra AT4
On the Canadian configurator just in the last few days it adds 1800+ to any of the upgrades from the SR5. Don’t know why, it’s not the freight, $100 a/c tax, or $990 dealer fee all that’s already in. It does not add up to the taxes.
What is it?
I just did build and price on my 2024 TRD Off Road 6 speed manual and the price jumped $2,519. On closer inspection, it automatically added 5 year/100,000 km extended warranty. When I scrolled back up and unchecked the box, the price dropped back to what it was when they released pricing a couple weeks ago.

Christo

First Name
Christo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pathfinder
got a message from my sale girl yesterday that the demo that they were supposed to get this week is delayed until early February now. She did not say why though
I googled it and found that Toyota didn't have the MPG listed so the tacos couldn't make it past the Mexico border

G-Note

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Toyota Camry
This is the info I got from my sales rep regarding the Hybrid options.

I was also told that the colour options available in Canada is only Solar Octane, Ice Cap, Underground, and Black. Whereas in the US there's the additional Bronze Oxide, Celestial Silver Metallic, Supersonic Red, and Blue Crush Metallic.

413289739_1523682421543325_6671668883330408602_n.jpg

415727585_1544488916403051_7205393771883572369_n.jpg
I hope your dealer is wrong about colours. My three colour choices I gave to my dealer were Terra, Ice Cap and Blue crush metallic

Tacosyeg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX460
Since I chose the Off-Road Premium option my sales rep is only giving me information on that one unfortunately. He said that the only option available is black leather, which I'm sure he meant the SofTex.

I also asked if the Hybrid variant is available for the Off-Road Sport, because my friend told me that supposedly it was available on that. My sales rep replied with:

The only packages available for Canada are what was on the photos, Limited, off road premiu, pro and trail hunter. The us always has more options.

I feel like my sales rep is starting to get tired of all the questions I'm asking. I also feel that he doesn't really know what's available and what's not 🙃
I just messaged my dealer. They said for Limited, it will only come in Black, White, Underground, and Red. Only Black interior. Was hoping for Boulder interior. The curse of living in Canada strikes again when it comes to buying a Toyota.

Edit: add blue exterior for the Limited. No Boulder.

Attached is the full doc for Canada.

Attachments

Last edited:

bayman

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Miata GT and 2017 Honda CR-V
I just came back from my dealer and the new Tacoma TRD Sport demo vehicle that was supposed to arrive Jan 19-29 is now delayed until second week of February.

As soon to be retirees, the wife and I will only have one vehicle as kids are grown. We test drove two used Tacoma's at the dealership before Christmas and she's a little on the fence about ride quality and interior space. I explained that the new Taco has changed a lot and to keep an open mind.

While at the dealership, I sat in a new Grand Highlander XLE and a new Highlander XSE and like both. One of them might be my second option if the Tacoma doesn't work out, but I really liked the smaller and sportier Highlander XSE.

Only time will tell...

Sponsored

WhiskyTruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pending TRD
No power tailgate, is this confirmed? I may be out, this truck is becoming a joke. They show us all these features then cut them out for Canada? Sway bar was one thing, then the mirror, now this.
When I’ve tried to buy a Toyota truck same story, advertise one thing then not in Canada. Was the same on the 2007 Tundra.
Leaning towards passing on this truck. The features I was most excited about either not available, or only available with elevated trim packages that push the price to a ridiculous level for a mid-size.

Lando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Leaning towards passing on this truck. The features I was most excited about either not available, or only available with elevated trim packages that push the price to a ridiculous level for a mid-size.
I agree on the price. In BC on vehicles over $55k the tax rate jumps to 15% from 12%. So if I buy, I’ve reduced my choice to either the base SR5 or Sport package. Mostly for the colour choice of blue crush. Otherwise it will be a black SR5. On the sport I’ll pick the black seats as the grey water stains terribly. Too bad the top part is white. I much prefer the all black SR5 seats.
The Sport premium is $71k after tax, lol. No thanks.

Taco Azul

First Name
MP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model X, Polestar 2, Toyota GR86
I just came back from my dealer and the new Tacoma TRD Sport demo vehicle that was supposed to arrive Jan 19-29 is now delayed until second week of February.

As soon to be retirees, the wife and I will only have one vehicle as kids are grown. We test drove two used Tacoma's at the dealership before Christmas and she's a little on the fence about ride quality and interior space. I explained that the new Taco has changed a lot and to keep an open mind.

While at the dealership, I sat in a new Grand Highlander XLE and a new Highlander XSE and like both. One of them might be my second option if the Tacoma doesn't work out, but I really liked the smaller and sportier Highlander XSE.

Only time will tell...
If you’re open to an SUV you might want to wait a couple months and check out the new Landcruiser.

Gear_yyc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy Avalanche
Dealer said they put in my "order" for a white Limited. Whatever order means at this point. Probably into whatever allocation system Toyota Canada has.
Interesting. My dealer knows exactly what I want, but he said nothing "put into our pipeline." Wut.
Sponsored