Sponsored

Gear_yyc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy Avalanche
My dealer called me Friday Jan 19 and said he was able to place the Order that day for my TRD Pro... no idea when it will show, but at least he was able to place the order. Had a deposit on it since March, 2023.
Same boat. My hybrid OR Premium is now ordered but I have no timeline. I put my deposit down last April I think.
Sponsored

Gear_yyc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy Avalanche
NRCan has published the official mileage ratings for the gas model Tacomas:
2024 Tacoma Update: CANADA 2024 Tacoma Build & Price Configurator Now Live! 1706223698694

Fuel consumption ratings search tool (nrcan-rncan.gc.ca)

The bottom one is the 6MT. I'm not clear on the difference between the "2-mode" and "3-mode" 4WD they're referring to is. I thought maybe one was the full-time 4WD, but I think that's not available on any of the gas model Tacomas in Canada.

Lando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
K1500 Silverado, Honda Accord, VW Gti
I just wish Toyota didnā€™t rip us off on colour options. 30 min south of me in the US you can get a SR5 in Supersonic red if you want. Iā€™d like that in a SR5 or base Sport.
I actually got turned off buying the Sport Premium due to no power tailgate and the fact that they force you buy it to get red. No thanks.

jside86

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
The bottom one is the 6MT. I'm not clear on the difference between the "2-mode" and "3-mode" 4WD they're referring to is. I thought maybe one was the full-time 4WD, but I think that's not available on any of the gas model Tacomas in Canada.
I have been wondering the same. One of the Tacoma listed is obviously the Manual transmission.

Out of the other two, I guess that the 2-mode one is the standard 4x4 with on/off 4x4. The 3-mode one could be the Tacoma Limited, which was also planned to come to Canada. The Limited has a third more that is "Full-time 4x4".

This is only a guess.

Truz66

First Name
Truz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
My Edmonton dealer tells me my sport premium is allocated with estimated delivery in mid to late March. Good news Iā€™ve been waiting for since deposit in June. However, there seems to be no way to track the order. I follow the new Ranger forum and they get issued a VIN once scheduled. How does it work with Toyota for Canada?

Sponsored

Hannzie

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 bmw x2
I just wish Toyota didnā€™t rip us off on colour options. 30 min south of me in the US you can get a SR5 in Supersonic red if you want. Iā€™d like that in a SR5 or base Sport.
I actually got turned off buying the Sport Premium due to no power tailgate and the fact that they force you buy it to get red. No thanks.
Yeah why do we get the short stick? I wanted silver in the proā€¦nope, not available on any hybrid in Canada. Then I decided on the underground but you have to get a red interior. As I started getting frustrated I looked at the hybrid OR and found out there is no auto tailgate or digital mirror. Not a huge deal but itā€™s so annoying the lack of choice Canadians get and the fact we loose features. Come on Toyota.

Cariboo Ryan

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GMC Sierra AT4
Yeah why do we get the short stick? I wanted silver in the proā€¦nope, not available on any hybrid in Canada. Then I decided on the underground but you have to get a red interior. As I started getting frustrated I looked at the hybrid OR and found out there is no auto tailgate or digital mirror. Not a huge deal but itā€™s so annoying the lack of choice Canadians get and the fact we loose features. Come on Toyota.
It's most likely because Toyota sells 230 to 250,000 Tacoma's every year in the US and only 13 to 16,000 a year in Canada.

Lando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's most likely because Toyota sells 230 to 250,000 Tacoma's every year in the US and only 13 to 16,000 a year in Canada.
Then they should let those Canadians able to buy trucks in US and honour the warranty. I also heard they are afraid of the power tailgate failing more often in Canadian weather. Which makes little sense as the northern states get the same winters.

Gear_yyc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy Avalanche
Then they should let those Canadians able to buy trucks in US and honour the warranty. I also heard they are afraid of the power tailgate failing more often in Canadian weather. Which makes little sense as the northern states get the same winters.
You want to pay US prices? Part of the reason we get fewer options is because our market will not tolerate the pricing that the US can. Their margins are lower here.

Cariboo Ryan

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GMC Sierra AT4
You want to pay US prices? Part of the reason we get fewer options is because our market will not tolerate the pricing that the US can. Their margins are lower here.
If you compare Canada-US Tacoma pricing apples to apples against the actual exchange rate, Toyota is swallowing eight to ten thousand dollars on every Tacoma they sell up here. Canada prices are only 14-17% higher than US, where they should be about 36% higher.

Sponsored

Lando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I do not want to pay US prices. I say if one wanted a red SR5 with power tailgate and some other options, one might think $7k more than a Cdn SR5 is worth it. They should be able to choose. Since that optionā€™s not available in Canada.

TJB

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
If you compare Canada-US Tacoma pricing apples to apples against the actual exchange rate, Toyota is swallowing eight to ten thousand dollars on every Tacoma they sell up here. Canada prices are only 14-17% higher than US, where they should be about 36% higher.
I Kind of take issue with comparisons like this. I guess strictly speaking it is true. But its not in reality how the Canada/ US relation ends up working. Big Picture I wouldnt say that Having 87k USD in the Us is equivalent to having 107K CAD to someone in Canada, in terms of what you could purchase etc. If I go a store such as Home Depot and look at the price of something in the US, and then go to Home Depot in Canada, the price is normally less than the exchange rate on the exact same item. Its hard to put into words what I'm trying to say. I realize you specifically are looking at only the exchange rate, I just don't believe in any way that Toyota is swallowing money by selling at less than exchange rate.

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
My Edmonton dealer tells me my sport premium is allocated with estimated delivery in mid to late March. Good news Iā€™ve been waiting for since deposit in June. However, there seems to be no way to track the order. I follow the new Ranger forum and they get issued a VIN once scheduled. How does it work with Toyota for Canada?
From what I hear, us Canadians don't have that pleasure to track out VINs (shocker). Although my coworker who just got done buying a 4Runner was very surprised I wasn't given my VIN even though I was told my truck will be here Feburary, so who knows.

Cariboo Ryan

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GMC Sierra AT4
I Kind of take issue with comparisons like this. I guess strictly speaking it is true. But its not in reality how the Canada/ US relation ends up working. Big Picture I wouldnt say that Having 87k USD in the Us is equivalent to having 107K CAD to someone in Canada, in terms of what you could purchase etc. If I go a store such as Home Depot and look at the price of something in the US, and then go to Home Depot in Canada, the price is normally less than the exchange rate on the exact same item. Its hard to put into words what I'm trying to say. I realize you specifically are looking at only the exchange rate, I just don't believe in any way that Toyota is swallowing money by selling at less than exchange rate.
I hear what you're saying, but if you go to the bank to buy US dollars, or you buy something on a US website, you're paying 1.36 to 1.38 exchange rate today. If any company prices a product in US dollars and then "sells it" to their Canadian subsidiary, is it any different? This is why manufacturers love to build in Canada when our dollar is low because of the favorable exchange rate when they sell it in the US. But when the dollar is at or close to par, companies close factories up here because of "unfavorable exchange rates." Having said all this, I'm not an economist lol.

TJB

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Haha me either, by any means! I just want to pay for 40k for a Tacoma šŸ˜­šŸ˜­
Sponsored