Sponsored

What is this part? It vibrates and makes noises after I turn off the truck.

tacorancher

First Name
k
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma TH
No idea what this part is - it vibrates and makes sounds when I turn off the truck. It has its own coolant. Anyone know what it is?

2024 Tacoma What is this part?  It vibrates and makes noises after I turn off the truck. IMG_5320
2024 Tacoma What is this part?  It vibrates and makes noises after I turn off the truck. IMG_5324

Then there’s this coolant … which isn’t the main radiator coolant .. is it the turbo coolant?

2024 Tacoma What is this part?  It vibrates and makes noises after I turn off the truck. IMG_5325
Sponsored

evlfred

First Name
Monte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Tundra Plat
I would guess the part you are showing as making noise is some kind of charged pneumatic accumulator for the braking system, the coolant is for the high voltage regulator. just a guess tho.

evlfred

First Name
Monte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Tundra Plat
speaking of does anyone have a picture of the brake booster in the new taco? Just wondering if it's electric or vacuum. Just upgraded my 69 Chevy C10 brake system to a Tesla iBooster and it's amazing compared to the vacuum system (which didn't work much as I have a really hot cam so not a lot of vacuum)

evlfred

First Name
Monte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Tundra Plat
Just found one for a rav4 and it looks like it might be hydraulic and has that same accumulator on it which would make sense as the GM hydro boosters have something similar

evlfred

First Name
Monte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Tundra Plat
found more info, Looks like the hybrids have a hydraulic booster and the gassers vacuum, not surre where the hydraulic pressure comes from as they have electric steering and usually that system is powered by the steering pump...

Sponsored

Sponsored

radbrad

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport IForce-Max
Hard to tell though. If this is to the left of the engine and right of the inverter. Pretty sure that's what it is👍

evlfred

First Name
Monte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Tundra Plat
its purpose is to store pressure to give you some brake assistance if the power brake hydraulic (not to be confused with hydraulic brake lines to the calipers) system fails like in an accident or if the engine dies, if that is whats making the noise the OP is hearing or not I couldn't say but that is what he posted a picture of.