Sponsored

Wonder why there are no color choices? Read this.

NoNo

First Name
MrNo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Colorado Z71
Being in my fifties I remember when you could pick color combinations for vehicles, not just single colors. You could create some pretty awful looking vehicles, but I remember some nice two tone colors too. One of my favorite vehicles I had in college was an AMC Eagle that was two tone blue with sort of a gray stripe around the sides (that vehicle cost me $300 :)).

Anyway, I don't think that article even fully describes the decrease in color options. Red for example has merged into darker reds, I see a lot fewer vehicles offering the brighter/lighter reds. That was always my favorite color, but what's even more odd to me is that manufacturers seem to have kept that color for their full-size trucks, but eliminated it for mid-size.

It's all about cost cutting, but it seems like the cost cutting is just putting more profit in the pockets of executives, it's not saving us any money.
Sponsored

Irvin

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Outback
The 2025 4Runner promos have already shown we're getting expanded color options for 2025 models, all of these colors should also be on the Tacomas and since it's so hard to get the trims you want now, you can just hold out a bit longer. The new Everest color looks amazing!

Outside of last year (December I know), does anyone have any experience on when the next year model tacomas are usually released based on past years?

Duck Amuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma TRD Off-Road/17 MINI Cooper Clubman S
I'm just happy Toyota has a few interesting colours, even if you have to special order to get them. I've wanted an orange car all my life, finally got it!

What really grinds my gears is when automakers upcharge for every colour except the basic colour. Rivian is bad for this. I remember looking and I think white was the only "free" colour, every other colour came with an upcharge.

Sponsored

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Everybody is playing that game these days, with almost any interesting color having an upcharge. Even on the $66k TRD Pro Terra cost $500 more.

At least Toyota doesn't abuse us as much as some other car companies do. I guess that is something.

Lando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
K1500 Silverado, Honda Accord, VW Gti
I didn’t like the way the choices Toyota gave us in Canada worked. My first choice was red and only available on the Sport Premium. I went with Solar Octane, as I ordered an Off Road with 6’ box. However it’s quite rare and I’ve also thought of going with my next choice of blue crush If I could get it quicker.

Visa_Declined

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRD Off Road
I too have been pretty annoyed with the color options. The red seems too flashy and the blue is just off in a way I can't explain. I like the solar octane (especially as an OSU alumni)
Have you seen my truck around OKC at all? I live on the North side. Earlier today was the first time I spotted another 4th Gen in the city, it was an SR5 I believe, going East on Hefner along side the lake.

zachavm

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester & Subaru Ascent
Have you seen my truck around OKC at all? I live on the North side. Earlier today was the first time I spotted another 4th Gen in the city, it was an SR5 I believe, going East on Hefner along side the lake.
Quite possibly. I live in Edmond. I saw a solar orange 4th gen going north on Broadway Extension (just north of the 40 interchange) a few months back.

Sponsored

trey_is_a_jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
I was really hoping for a Bronze Oxide but only thing I could get was Underground and to be honest it is a PITA to maintain. It being a flat dark color means every single small paint swirl catches light. Its worse than when I had black vehicles because those at least had some metal flake.

If i was doing it again i'd wait for Bronze or at least something with some pearl/flake in it like the metallic Silver.